Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

These look like timberland remastered them , stright boots , the OG shape is gone for good , but the price increase is still in effect [emoji]128077[/emoji]

They look massive in that picture. So far I have mixed feelings on these. It does look like they are at least trying a different toe box.

thats how they gonna look like if you wear a sz 30 waist skinny jeans, rocking on feet a sz 11 B-ball sneaker tho
roll.gif

Those just have to be a joke :stoneface: :stoneface:

If the retail pair looks like that, the trollness from JB has reached it's peak. No sane creature on this planet can approve those

When I talk about the mold, Im talking about the differences from the OG's to these - these have a little bit of that 'banana' look to them.  There was a good pic of the differences in the remastered thread if you want to see the differences.

I aint bashing Jordan, Im a fan and you will never really hear me complain about anything.
Oh no I wasn't talking about u, i was just talkin bout folks in general. But yea id like to see them comparison pics that makes people like rusty say it looks horrible, cause apparantly he won't tell me. Shoes look awesome to me. Even tho webhave see nothing but samples yet. Mold and shape look on point to me, i'm not seeing the banana shape. Def not ugly enough to jus post that the "mold looks horrible." It looks better than anything else weve had. And unless your like 40+ i just dont see how u can remember what the OGs looked like when they first dropped in 1989. The shoes are suppose to he exactly like the shoes MJ played in. Nothing more, nothing less. Im sure yall know Tinker and MJ took part of the remastering as well. And who likes a negative nancy anyway? And does being a JB fan and being optimistic about the new retro Js releasing make me appear to havd JBs "dong" in my mouth." I mean damn. And guarantee some of the folks bashing JB the most will be the fiest ones in front of their computer screens and mall lines to cop when they drop.

I stop responding to you because i got a warning from Meth for my language. When that happens I usually just walk away from an discussions because I don't want to risk getting banned for going back in on someone.

But you constant chirping has compelled me to comeback and response to the borderline fanboy talk you continue to post.

Look there is nothing wrong with liking any JB product, that's your prerogative.

But YOU, not me, YOU took issue with me stating my opinion, one that happen to mention a known fact. That the molds of the 4s are messed up

And when I and other posters point out your ignorance, you make zero effort to educate yourself, you expect someone else to do it for you.

I posted a link to the remastered thread, one you claim to be following too :rolleyes, because there are pages upon pages discussing the molds. Especially at the start of it.

But on page 49, the mold discussion kicks off again and there are pics of people posting comparisons for the next couple pages, which culminates with this:

http://niketalk.com/t/596244/jordan...ng-better-quality-shoes-starting-in-2015/1800

So there a detailed look on how the shoes are shaped very differently than what MJ played in. JB promised a product that is similar to what he played, and they promised improved molds. They have clearly failed at delivering on both fronts. Actually, it looks like JB will use a lower grade of leather than what was used on the original release of these.

I'm only 28, you don't need to be 40 to know what OG Jays from the 80s look like. Because you know, there was reselling, sneaker shows, and meetups, and tons of other methods for dudes to get their hands on OGs back in the late 90s, early 2000s. Shocking huh?

And btw, I won't be buying these. So miss me with that "lololol, you gonna cop anyway" childish nonsense

It is cool to like these, it is cool to want to buy them. But educate yourself B, and stop drinking JB's kool-aid.

Last edited:
I stop responding to you because i got a warning from Meth for my language. When that happens I usually just walk away from an discussions because I don't want to risk getting banned to going back in on someone.

But you constant chirping has compelled me to comeback and response to the borderline fanboy talk you continue to post.

Look there is nothing wrong with liking JB products, that's your prerogative.

But YOU, not me, YOU to issue with me stating my opinion, one that happen to mention a known fact. That the molds of the 4s are messed up

And when I and other posters point out your ignorance, you make zero effort to educate yourself, you except some else to do it for you.

I posted a link to the remastered thread, one you claim to be following too :rolleyes, because there are pages upon pages discussing the molds. Especially at the start of it.

But on page 49, the mold discussion kicks off again and there are pics of people posting comparisons for the next couple pages, which culminates with this:

http://niketalk.com/t/596244/jordan...ng-better-quality-shoes-starting-in-2015/1800

So there a detailed look on how the shoes are shaped very differently than what MJ played in. JB promised a product that is similar to what he played, and they improved molds. They have clearly failed at delivering on both fronts. Actually, it looks like JB will use a lower grade of leather than what was used on the original release of these.

I'm only 28, you don't need to be 40 to know what OG Jays from the 80s look like. Because you know, there was reselling, sneaker shows, and meetups, and tons of other methods for dudes to get their hands on OGs back in the late 90s, early 2000s. Shocking huh?

And btw, I won't be buying these. So miss me with that "lololol, you gonna cop anyway" childish nonsense

It is cool to like these, it is cool to want to buy them. But educate yourself B, and stop drinking JB's kool-aid.
We'll u are just too cool man. Got an answer for everything and is all knowing. Keep your cape on buddy. Your the man. I was out of my league. What was I thinking? Who went to sneaker shows in the late 90s and early 2000s? Who was reselling shoes in the late 90s and early 2000s? I'm bout the same age as u and I never saw none of that going on then and I live and grew up in a huge city. This was a very small community your talking about here.

Last edited:
Here's the quote for the mold comparisons

NOT MY POST

OK, so this gonna be a long post with some big quotes, apologies in advance

The main difference in the shape of the OG shoes, and how the post-1999 molds ruin the look is reflected in the boxy, curled up toe box
There has also been significant pinching around the mid-foot and heel that is causing the overall shape to go Banana up

View media item 88295
In the above picture of the OG, Ive marked how the toe-box is rolled down so it maintains a nice forward angle. In addition, you can see that the side leather forms the correct parallel "wave pattern" with the outsole. Most modern IV's pinch in here. Finally, the heel bump in the back is pronounced because the overall height of the ankle is higher, demonstrated by the larger space between the midsole and the Wing-Tab

View media item 88294
In this picture we can see the difference that all the pinching has caused in the middle of the shoe. Even if the the toe box was properly rolled down, the inching would probably create a banana-toe effect anyway. But of course, the toe-box is also enormous and bulges up instead of following the angle of the shoe downward

Overall, I know that some of these differences are insignificant to many people, and in the normal retro threads I try to keep the ranting to a minimum. But I would think that if JB is gonna bother to remaster at all, then they should do it right.

The IV is meant to have a sloped, almost triangular look to it that gives it a sleek, forward looking esthetic like this OG below

View media item 1167922

I'll also include this nice comparison pic that shows how important the "wave pattern" leather is to maintaining the proper shape. The 99's kind of have boxy toes, and yet, because the mid-foot leather is wide and parallel, there is enough space below the wing tab and the esthetic of the shoe is maintained
View media item 1167926

Below is my original post on the 2012 BC IV

You can see how little space there was between the wing-tab and the midsole

Last edited:
Damn nit pickin for real. I get it though. JB did say true to the original mold. But we don't really have a retail pair in hand yet to compare them with yet either.

Last edited:
What do you want me to explain?
Curious if you can explain on what you said..  How does this mean JB trollness reached its peak, and why cant any sane person want it.  Not trying to troll or start an argument, Im just curious on peoples opinions.

I stated mine - from the pictures, which most likely are not production pairs, the color looks off to me.  The mold also looks off, but it doesnt bother me as much as some others (even though JB did say they would go back to OG molds).  So as along as the color is blue and doesnt look black, I would cop..

Curious if you can explain on what you said..  How does this mean JB trollness reached its peak, and why cant any sane person want it.  Not trying to troll or start an argument, Im just curious on peoples opinions.

I stated mine - from the pictures, which most likely are not production pairs, the color looks off to me.  The mold also looks off, but it doesnt bother me as much as some others (even though JB did say they would go back to OG molds).  So as along as the color is blue and doesnt look black, I would cop..
Hard to give an opinion in this thread without getting jumped. I still say it's too early to tell. They even said at the remastered event that those were just samples and not even the exact same colors that were gonna be used on the retail pairs. And all were seeing pics of now are fakes probably with the same ole 2012 mold, from the usual suspects a.k.a. large bootleg sites. Jus my opinion tho.

Last edited:
Banana or not them 2012 black and white Cement 4s sold quite well and are demanding a rather large markup on the resell market. As are many other 2012 and newer aj4s. Can't argue with that. :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
The thing with JB is its not like they are gonna start giving us OG everything on a shoe all at once. They are gonna take their time doing it and imo the molds on these new remastered joints do look better. The 06 molds were awful and was the true definition of a "banana mold" while the 2012s look better except for the toe being raised slightly more off first glances. All the pics from the JB shaping the retros seem to lower the toe box a bit but at least it seems that they are going in the right direction for people who don't like what JB has been doing with retros for the past couple of years

The thing with JB is its not like they are gonna start giving us OG everything on a shoe all at once. They are gonna take their time doing it and imo the molds on these new remastered joints do look better. The 06 molds were awful and was the true definition of a "banana mold" while the 2012s look better except for the toe being raised slightly more off first glances. All the pics from the JB shaping the retros seem to lower the toe box a bit but at least it seems that they are going in the right direction for people who don't like what JB has been doing with retros for the past couple of years

I agree. Its a cash grab. Check for the truest form of OG, the rereremastered to come out in 2050. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom