Coach fired after 100-0 victory__ Story + link

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

he should apply at Dallas Academy because it sounds like they need a new coach.
I want to see that

He goes to Dallas Academy to come back and beat Covenant the following year

pimp.gif

I can see in college or pro but private school girls basketball you shouldnt be trying to embrass people. (they have learning disabiltites dude.

That's grimey...Call off the press once you're up 20-30, put in your bench players, and tell them to work on their off-hand on offense or something.

how the hell are they going to fire the coach for that?

classy win? not really, but when did sports become about not hurting feelings?

sue the pants off that school for wrongful termination.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

how the hell are they going to fire the coach for that?

classy win? not really, but when did sports become about not hurting feelings?

sue the pants off that school for wrongful termination.
Its been stated here already, there will be no legal action. Texas is an at will state, they dont need a reason to fire him. Plus, his actionsbrought negative press to that school which im sure didnt exactly excite the administration.

I dont feel sorry either that they loss 100-0... if they are out there, that is gonna happen, and the losing team has to be willing to accept that.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If you're on the field/court, it's your job to score or get stops... It's not your job to roll over and make people feel good about themselves...
Again, y'all acting like this is the pros or some league where dudes is playing for money.

I'm not understanding how ppl are justifying CRUSHING another HIGH SCHOOL team all the way to the final buzzer.

But hey, that's me.

I would've coached the same way too. But at some point, you call off the dogs. Even if it's with a minute left in the game.

Again, this isn't PRO football (like when the Cards rolled over at the end of the season for the Patriots). Or even COLLEGE basketball (like when the Terps got worked by Duke last week). In both those cases, I'm all for the blowout. But not in high-school ball when you're already up ONE HUNDRED POINTS.
laugh.gif

But again, that's me.
ohwell.gif

For me though, this is only a story because of the two numbers involved... 100 and 0.

I played in a game where we beat a team 113-12 in high school, and that wasn't a national news story... I've seen countless other games with similarscores where teams won by 90 and such... I've seen scores on girls games where teams got shut out and lost by major amounts...

The only reason it's a national news story is because it was 100-0... If it were 100-4 or 96-0, this never woulda blown up the way it has...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

For me though, this is only a story because of the two numbers involved... 100 and 0.

The only reason it's a national news story is because it was 100-0... If it were 100-4 or 96-0, this never woulda blown up the way it has...

Hmnmmmm..... you may be on to something...

The coach gave the other team respect and played them hard like any other competitor. Many props to him and good luck to him at his future coaching job.

Originally Posted by youngbalr

The coach gave the other team respect and played them hard like any other competitor. Many props to him and good luck to him at his future coaching job.
2e4263848835bf9e174c556207cff43f44bd27c0.gif

I thought youngs players are supposed to be taught to play hard every second theyre out on the court?? THe firing is just stupid..its not like he rubbed it inthe opponent's face afterwards or anything...his team just played hard and came up with a win.

he was doing just fine until the latest email he sent out. we all had almost forgotten about it and he brings it up again. lol

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

I thought youngs players are supposed to be taught to play hard every second theyre out on the court?? THe firing is just stupid..its not like he rubbed it in the opponent's face afterwards or anything...his team just played hard and came up with a win.
you can play hard without fullcourt pressing. you can put your bench players in and still have them play hard. you can play hard without jackingup threes.

the coach didn't just "come up with a win." the game was clearly at hand by halftime and he continued to rub it in.

in the OG post i said this coach should be fired, and i'm glad he is.

how the %#(* does a team (if you can even call them that) loose 100-0

every player on the loosing side should never touch a ball again

Originally Posted by IrieSupreme

how the %#(* does a team (if you can even call them that) loose 100-0

every player on the loosing side should never touch a ball again
Oh really? You know that the team goes to a school for kids with learning disabilities right?

Maybe you should head on over and help them out on the hardwood
smh.gif
They'd probably tell you to never touch a keyboard again...

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Dude went to full court press in the second half after being up 59-0...
that's what got me...

...you can't tell the team to stop shooting, that's dumb... but you dont' have to go full press on a team that's clearly your inferior.

I can swat the shot of my 5 yr old niece...that doesn't mean I should.

If you wanted your niece to get better at avoiding getting her shot blocked you would....
Maybe the kids are playing for fun, not to make it in the WNBA.

Well have them play for fun amongst themselves...while all the other girls highschool basketball teams play competetively to win...

Their coach is probably their English teacher too....Probably knows nothing about basketball...."Nice try"..."better luck next time" isprobably all they hear from their coaching staff
laugh.gif

Anyone who thinks he shouldn't have been fired or punished is crazy...
The scored was 59-0 at halftime against girls with disabilities...
Yet in the 2nd half he still has starters who are taking three point shots and playing full court press...
He wasnt trying to win but humiliate the other team...
Sportsmanship is just as important as playing hard...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Anyone who thinks he shouldn't have been fired or punished is crazy...
The scored was 59-0 at halftime against girls with disabilities...
Yet in the 2nd half he still has starters who are taking three point shots and playing full court press...
He wasnt trying to win but humiliate the other team...
Sportsmanship is just as important as playing hard...

So if they mixed the Special Olympics and the "regular" Olympics together...The "regular" Athletes should "let up"?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

He was tryin to get to 100 so he could have his 15 minutes, he got em... now he lost his job
Exactly. To suggest he wasn't trying to run up the score when his starters are still launching 3s in the 4th quarter is ridiculous. He got hisbig victory; hopefully it was worth it. I hope for the coach's sake, those idiots who were wildly cheering on the team as they ran up the score can helphim find another job.

Back
Top Bottom