Closed - New thread started

I guess my vitriol was more aimed at that other troll. Sorry. But I needed to clarify exactly what was going on, so nobody is confused about this. Clay Bennett has no financial obligation to Seattle.

Yeah... Sell the team to Ellison and it might turn out to be even MORE of a copy of Seattle's situation. Sneak attack, false promise, then bam the team is in San Jose next thing you know.

Yeah... Sell the team to Ellison and it might turn out to be even MORE of a copy of Seattle's situation. Sneak attack, false promise, then bam the team is in San Jose next thing you know.
At least Seattle ad Sac will have something in common then :lol: :rofl:

But Ellison wants to move a team to San Jose though

And every owner knows it. Hard to believe he's a real player in this.

My thoughts exactly
im just saying, I don't think Ellison would be talking to KJ thinking KJ would be open to sending the kings to SJ. Who knows tho, Ellison's name has been in the background for sometime now, like you guys I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a player either.

I am however still waiting on Eli Broad...

Since there is an arena plan already on the table, anybody who buys the team with the intention of keeping them here will have to sign a 25 (might be 30) year lease for the new arena. If Ellison did wan't to buy the team, they wouldn't just trust his word about keeping the team here short term.

Hopefully Ellison buys the Kings and brings resources for the new arena or a renovation of the current one.

Last edited:
Hope everything turns out well for all you Sac fans...I couldn't imagine if the dubs moved somewhere else.

I'll look it up but I believe Ellison retracted those statements and said he thinks the Kings can thrive in Sacramento.
Clay Bennett took a similar tone with Seattle
I'm pretty confidant that if Ellison was involved KJ would have an ironclad agreement to keep the Kings in the new arena for like the next 30 years 
laugh.gif

Part of the reason why the Kings are worth this money, is because there is no current lease with Arco Arena. Once a new one is a built, the Kings would be locked in for 30 years

This is also the same reason why the Bobcats or Bucks (for example) can't move, because they're locked down with their current lease.

Which is also why Robert Para, when he purchased the Grizz, folks were worried he'd try to move the team to SJ or something. But instead he signed a pretty ironclad lease agreement that makes the Grizz stay in Memphis for the next 15 years 

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe so
Couldn't the Maloofs match any sale by a minority owner? Have to believe ROFR goes both ways. And with that extra $30 million they're getting next week, it could make that easier.
I've heard this also. We'll see how this plays out

I guess Ellison will be in on the minority shares and Burkle/Mastrov are working on matching the Seattle bid.

Back
Top Bottom