Closed - New thread started

I feel as if he's "scrambling" just in the sense that he's still so far away from the $ goal, which of course can change in a matter of days.

What's the word on the 24 Hour and Downtown Plaza guys? I haven't heard anything about them since last week. What could they/would they invest in a plan? Would they be the whales?

Last edited:
Ya I feel you, he's definitely playing catch up given the head start the Maloofs gifted to Seattle 
laugh.gif

The whales, IMO, are any combination of Mastrov, Burkle (downtown plaza guy), Broad, and maybe Ellison. If all they have to do is match the $340ish mil that is out there right now, then I feel pretty confidant.

I grit my teeth just thinking of the lying *** Maloofs. If they really tried to sell to a local investor then why didn't they tell KJ about it? They knew folks were inquiring to buy the team.

Yeah it really makes me think they just went out of their way to sell the team out of town as a major screw-you for getting bad press or something, like whiny spoiled rich brats.

They talked to local investors but maybe just to say they did it, with no real intention of selling within Sac unless they got a mind-blowing offer. The fact that they didn't involve KJ says a lot; KJ is the major "brain" trying to pull everything together from multiple potential buyers, so to go behind his back is to ignore the full potential of the market.

That's my take on it. Of course we don't know everything and I could've overlooked some fact, but that's the feeling I get from it.

The Maloofs are too arrogant and have too much pride to allow another owner to have success with the Sacramento Kings after they failed miserably. It's also what made the "Maloof Empire" crumble....Got too much pride for their own good.

laugh.gif
 why?

Idk if I'm even going... Suns vs Kings 
sick.gif

Feb 9th tho 
nthat.gif

:lol:  why?

sick.gif

Feb 9th tho 
nthat.gif

I'm watching the Jazz play the Lakers down in LA on Friday, i'm not really pumped though :lol:

Can't wait for Sunday though I've never been to back to back NBA games.

laugh.gif
 why?

sick.gif

Feb 9th tho 
nthat.gif
I'm watching the Jazz play the Lakers down in LA on Friday, i'm not really pumped though
laugh.gif

Can't wait for Sunday though I've never been to back to back NBA games.
What game is on Sunday?

I've been to a Clippers game and then a Kings game the next day.

Also Angels and then Giants game too 
pimp.gif

Oh damn thats crazy, are the seats good? The highest I'll go is the 200s. Couldn't imagine how terrible to nosebleeds could be 
laugh.gif

Sitting in the 300's for Lakers & 100's for Clippers.

How expensive are Kings tickets? since they are the only show in town i'm guessing it would be high. I know if they move to Seattle tickets would be :x

This season some Seahawks games started at 200 :smh: :x

How expensive are Kings tickets? since they are the only show in town i'm guessing it would be high. I know if they move to Seattle tickets would be :x

This season some Seahawks games started at 200 :smh: :x

NFL tickets are usually harder to get. Also being the only show in town probably has no impact on ticket prices in Sacamento... It has more to do with the surrounding economic climate. Look at MSG- plenty of competition, $150 for nosebleeds.

How expensive are Kings tickets? since they are the only show in town i'm guessing it would be high. I know if they move to Seattle tickets would be
sick.gif

This season some Seahawks games started at 200
mean.gif
sick.gif
For the Lakers thats understandable... I only catch like 1 Lakers game a year and around 3 a year for the Clippers (used to be 5-7 when the Clips were bad) since their tix got so expensive and I'm sort of a ticket snob 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Kings' box office prices pretty expensive still..... Like after ticketmaster fees, tax and stuff the cheapest lower level tickets you'll find are around 65ish. 20-25ish for Upper level.

Those ticket prices are a HUGE part into why the attendance numbers are/were so low too. Like these prices are probably just a little less than they were in the early 2000s  
roll.gif

roll.gif

I know what you mean Seattle Mariners tickets start at 25 for 300 outfield section. nobody paying that :rofl:

I'm hoping I can still get Giants bleachers tickets for under 30 this season 
embarassed.gif

Kings game just go to stubhub and buy the cheapest ticket you can find. You should be able to move to the lower level after the 1st, nobody gonna stop you.

And rck, for Giants tix...scorebig.com :wink:

the whales have arrived I guess 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
:nthat:  Carmichael Dave is a savant! 

These are only supposed to be 2 of 5 whales..... wonder whom the other 3 could be... hopefully some bigger names, and I really hope Burkle brings along his buddy Broad 
nthat.gif
Broad is worth twice as much as Burkle AND he was a minority owner under Jim Thomas, right?

Back
Top Bottom