Closed - New thread started

nthat.gif
laugh.gif

KJ 
pimp.gif

Figured I'd post this here, as to not upset the Seattlites....

The TNT crew brought it tonight 
nthat.gif

And like Webb said... the paperwork is in, doesn't mean much else. And hell, we all more or less saw this anyways. 

All it means, is that the Maloofs are for sure gone one way or another. Things are certainly looking grim, but it ain't over just yet. Don't give up the hope just yet fellas.
Webber remains optimistic about Kings future in Sac. Love hearing his passion for Sac.
— Dave Deuce Mason (@DeuceMason) January 22, 2013
Chris Webber's message to #NBAKings fans: "It's not over Sacramento." TNT's Inside the NBA crew weighed in on the latest news surrounding the Kings' uncertain future in Sacramento.

Here's a little of what former King Chris Webber said about fight to keep the team in Sacramento.

"You know, it's funny. I've been hearing a lot of criticism everybody saying 'Why everybody keep fighting? Just let it go, just let it go.' Well if you're in Atlanta, what if you were going to lose to Hawks? If you're in Orlando, you wouldn't let it (the Magic) go. You're gonna fight 'til the end. A few of us are going to do that as well."
— Jonathan Santiago (@itsjonsantiago) January 22, 2013
"That was probably one of the scariest places to play when I was jump hooking Vlade Divac." - Shaq on #NBAKings to Seattle situation
"I refuse to believe it." - Chris Webber on the #NBAKings to Seattle situation
Webber on Kings situation: "I've heard all the news and I don't believe it.I refuse to believe it."
— Aaron Bruski (@aaronbruski) January 22, 2013
Webber: A lot of us are (fighting it).The paperwork is in, it doesn't mean anything else
Kenny Smith: (The fans) support something for so long, and when (they) need a little support, (they) don't get it.
Shaq: It will be a travesty if (the) Sacramento (Kings) are sold to Seattle.
Webber: This shouldn't be (a case of) Seattle OR Sacramento, or a fight that splits the two cities up.

Here's the vid from Inside The NBA tonight 
nthat.gif
stupid nba.com doesn't embed

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2013/01/22/20130121-inside-5.nba/index.html
Sources confirm 2 p.m. presser for KJ in SAC.At least three ownership groups with "heavy hitters" in the mix.
I truly believe in KJ till the end....
Knowledgeable sources claim the SAC groups have the vision/$$$ to "transform one of the NBA's most proven markets into a top franchise"
I should probably stop checking twitter... getting my hopes too high 
mean.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This I know to be 100% true.... Hell most of us who have followed Sac's side of things would already know this.
It's been misreported that SAC is just now responding.Plans have been in the works for months, needed Maloofs to go public

^that's what sad about this situation. everyone outside of kings fans and sac believe that nothing was done and we already had our chance.

I listened to Ray Rotto on CSNBA on Chronicle Live and he is so misinformed that it made my blood boil..

Ray Fattass is soooo dumb 
laugh.gif
 like almost on that Skip Bayless steeze 

Also, me and some of my boys will be at the press conference at 2 tomorrow in Kings gear.

I'ma see if my boy can get me a press pass 
laugh.gif

Idk what the significance in this is...

Sorry, I have to respond to this one.

First off, California has made a killing in tax revenues and licensing from Microsoft, which I'm sure nobody is complaining about. Second, why stop at Microsoft? SoCal is the most profitable region in the entire Nordstrom company (and California has more stores than any other state, by a large margin). They're involved in this deal as well. And he conveniently doesn't mention Chris Hansen, who is a wealthy, tax-paying citizen of the state of California. Speaking of Hansen, someone should ask Mr. Steinberg how he feels about one of his own tax-paying citizens spearheading this movement, rather than go after the evil Microsoftie. Jus' sayin'.

laugh.gif
 like I said, I have no idea what significance this has to do with anything 
laugh.gif

If anything, I should just go torch one of Hansen's offices/homes in the bay area..... back stabbing son of a ***** 
mean.gif

it might have more effect than a letter

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of that letter is just fuzz. The only real substance in there is even more job loss in an already weakened economy. Microsoft and Nordstrom sales have nothing to do with this, nobody will be up in arms and protest purchasing Microsoft and Nordstrom products if the Kings are relocated.

The presser won't be about the interested purchasing groups
Today's announcement by Mayor Johnson not expected to include deep-pocket investor - aka 'the whale." #NBAKings
— Ryan Lillis (@Ryan_Lillis) January 22, 2013
Local business leaders expected to be part of mayor's team include developers David Taylor, Phil Oates. #NBAKings
As the mayor's local investors emerge for a potential #NBAKings ownership team, Sacramento remains on a #WhaleWatch

Doesn't sound too promising. How much time does KJ have to get this group together?
Well, I believe the BoG meeting in April still because thats when the sale will be finalized.

But, Carmichael Dave, Amick, Bruski, etc all have said these will just be little jabs and small pieces to the puzzle. So you gotta think KJ has (obviously) a bigger picture in mind.

I'm pretty sure the minority owners right now want to stay in Sac. but I could see these local business leaders wanting to pitch in with whoever the 'whales' are going to be.

I hope you guys pull this out.

It sounds like KJ is scrambling to just get as much money together in time... like searching the couch cushions to get enough $ to go buy some shoes... but I'm sure he's working around the clock

I hope you guys pull this out.

It sounds like KJ is scrambling to just get as much money together in time... like searching the couch cushions to get enough $ to go buy some shoes... but I'm sure he's working around the clock
I know you mean well, but KJ has been at this for a while. The only thing he scrambled for was finding some local folks to invest, 19 folks at 1 mil each, in 3 days... not bad. He knows the big money is gonna be from an outta towner. But I trust KJ has a plan

Back
Top Bottom