Closed - New thread started

Phil Oates 
nthat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
yo rck thanks for these up to the minute updates. u got that info from twitter or StR?

Last edited:
I don't mean to **** on everyone's parade, because I admire all your optimism. I've been in your shoes before, but this is practically a done deal as I see it.

You all do know that Clay Bennet will owe the city of Seattle $30 million if there is no team by next year right?

And surprise, he's also head of the relocation committee... That fact alone should make things clear.

The deal has been signed by both parties, all thats needed is a vote from the BOG. There's no way they are going to set a precedent saying that owners can't sell to whoever they want to by voting this down. They won't want to risk the same happening to them in the future...

You guys fought hard, but money talks. :\

I don't mean to **** on everyone's parade, because I admire all your optimism. I've been in your shoes before, but this is practically a done deal as I see it.

You all do know that Clay Bennet will owe the city of Seattle $30 million if there is no team by next year right?

And surprise, he's also head of the relocation committee... That fact alone should make things clear.

The deal has been signed by both parties, all thats needed is a vote from the BOG. There's no way they are going to set a precedent saying that owners can't sell to whoever they want to by voting this down. They won't want to risk the same happening to them in the future...

You don't know anything more than any of us do, including reporters. Everything for the most part are assumptions. So it doesn't matter how much of a done deal you see this to be because at the end of the day you know about as much as my grandma does....and she's old, blind, and senile..

You don't know anything more than any of us do, including reporters. Everything for the most part are assumptions. So it doesn't matter how much of a done deal you see this to be because at the end of the day you know about as much as my grandma does....and she's old, blind, and senile..

Your right that's why I prefaced my post as my opinion with "as I see it".

But the FACT is that Clay Bennet will have to pay 30 million dollars out of his own pocket if this deal doesn't happen.

Last edited:
^you seem to be pretty well informed... But I don't understand why you Seattle folk are so convinced its a done deal, yet y'all (not you guys but local Seattle radio, media, press, twitter) want Sac to give up and just continually mock us :lol:

^you seem to be pretty well informed... But I don't understand why you Seattle folk are so convinced its a done deal, yet y'all (not you guys but local Seattle radio, media, press, twitter) want Sac to give up and just continually mock us :lol:

I am going to point out how stupid you are (for everyone to see): That $30 million payout from Clay Bennett was contingent on funding for an arena (or just upgrades to KeyArena, even) being APPROVED by 2009 (didn't happen), and a team NOT being here within five years. Considering no such funds were approved, Bennett is off the hook for that $30 million, regardless of whether or not a team comes to Seattle this year (or ever).

Then there's this clown:

Putting a request in to the mods to make this a Seattle thread...Sacramento is gone

There already is an active Seattle NBA thread. no need to pile on here. If anything, YOU should be suspended for trolling.

I honestly don't think it would be much different if the shoe was on the other foot. I've never known people from Sacramento/NorCal to be inherently more tactful than the people of Seattle.

At the end of the day, I do feel sorry for Sacramento. I know exactly what you all are going through.

My advise to everyone is to not be bitter. I didn't even watch a game for 3 years after the Sonics were stolen. My bitterness towards what happened almost ruined my love for basketball.

I am going to point out how stupid you are (for everyone to see): That $30 million payout from Clay Bennett was contingent on funding for an arena (or just upgrades to KeyArena, even) being APPROVED by 2009 (didn't happen), and a team NOT being here within five years. Considering no such funds were approved, Bennett is off the hook for that $30 million, regardless of whether or not a team comes to Seattle this year (or ever).

My mistake, you don't need to be an *** about it.

Back
Top Bottom