CLOSED, NEW THREAD OPENED

So does that mean it's not looking so good on that move to Vegas?

Don't believe the media that Vegas was a done deal. Their were a ton of question marks with Adelson. I think they have even more questions now.

If Goldman Sachs is genuinely in for the deal then the NFL may have what it's always wanted and will throw it's full support behind this (this thought from @newballpark)

It all depends on GS confirming their commitment. And maybe whatever Adelson is willing to do to make this more difficult for everyone.

I'm on the fence when I read tweets from @newballpark. Dude is totally biased and hardly ever reports anything positive in respect to the Raiders.

I try to find people who play down the middle and talk about both perspectives.

But in this case he is partly right. The ball is in Goldman Sachs court and they can basically have the power play and have MD by the balls

I'm on the fence when I read tweets from @newballpark. Dude is totally biased and hardly ever reports anything positive in respect to the Raiders.

I try to find people who play down the middle and talk about both perspectives.

But in this case he is partly right. The ball is in Goldman Sachs court and they can basically have the power play and have MD by the balls

I don't think of him as biased. If you checked out his articles on his blog I think you'd find he's pretty straight forward about the economics behind building stadia.

But, to be sure he's no Raider fan. Think he's a Cowboy.

Last edited:
To be honest, while fully acknowledging my own biased viewpoint, I stopped reading newballpark.org a long time ago. :lol:

Dude has always come off pretty biased to me. Always seemed to me like he had a preference, no matter how small, that the team leave the market, and he's certainly never been optimistic about the team staying.

Last edited:
To be honest, while fully acknowledging my own biased viewpoint, I stopped reading newballpark.org a long time ago. :lol:

Dude has always come off pretty biased to me. Always seemed to me like he had a preference, no matter how small, that the team leave the market, and he's certainly never been optimistic about the team staying.

yeah that's how I felt about newballpark too. I know the overall national perception is that this was a "done deal", but I've always felt and found other twitter folks/bloggers who played it more of a pros and cons to everything.

Like right now perception is Vegas is done. It's really not. If anything they got rid of one big reason they shouldn't move. But that reason can also make this move really difficult

My prediction: if the vote happens they don't get it. IMO, at best fot MD, Commish will postpone another year to sort out more details before a vote takes place. Giving Oakland and Vegas more time to get their **** together

Last edited:
JC literally reports what he hears. I'm not sure if he digs for any truth.

Couple of weeks ago he was reporting this was a done deal, not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when".

Regardless, I hope it's true. Adelson is one of the last dudes you wanna piss off when it comes to building anything in Vegas. Good luck finding a site and having Vegas pay for infrastructure costs around the stadium :x

All I know is that I'm happy that Las Vegas is becoming less and less likely. Keep our boys in the bay!

Goldman Sachs is reportedly "re-evaluating" their deal with the Vegas move.

If GS bail, this deal is over. MD would need 1.2 Billion plus relocation fee when a stadium in Oakland is 1.2 Billion I think

Last edited:
957 was already talking about the draft. I guess some mocks had us taking Jabril Peppers. Ain't even mad at that.

And the other shoe has dropped.

Mark will try San Diego, but maybe the NFL will become a wall surrounding him and Oakland.

God I don't want to be the team that ends up over drafting for Peppers.

Media hype and opinions of those who've evaluated him on tape are not adding up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom