Chris Brown only sold 135,000...ouch *Drake won

It's quite alarming to hear that he sold so low. I mean, he is Chris Brown so what gives? IMO unless something drastic happens, he'll be seeing these type of numbers for the foreseeable future. Yes he's only 23, but he's been at it since he was 15 years of age. Maybe the public is getting tired of him? Sure, everyone KNOWS of Chris Brown, but imo people don't feel moved by him anymore, or moved enough to go purchase his CD. That and he has no direction in his music anymore. No bread and butter. One minute he's real R&B, one minute he's techno, one minute he's rapping….in our business we like to make sure that our material has a certain demographic that we shoot at. That Identity isn't there with Chris.

I'm not that well versed with how much money he commands per show, although I assume it's pretty high. I have no idea how these numbers will affect his show money however I assume it to be pretty little. And it's pretty surprising to see Frank sell that many copies in his first week. He had no song in rotation, and released it only on itunes.Quite Remarkable. I knew the whole coming out thing would affect his sales but not by this much. That's wild.

And Take Care is a great album. Far better than fortune and i've listened to both. Drake gives you exactly what you would expect from him expect better. It's sonically pleasing, cohesive, Great production, good raps, good concepts, and delivers EXACTLY what his fanbase wants from him. Can't say the say thing about Fortune. However, Music is subjective so people's opinion may differ, but that's what I gathered from Take Care.

RCA just put out Usher, 128,*** first week

RCA just put out R. Kelly, 67,*** first week

RCA just put out Chris Brown, 134,*** first week

Like dude above said. Deuces came out and everyone went crazy because they could relate so that had the ball rolling. Then once Look At Me Now came out, album was ready. That song was EVERYWHERE.

Doesn't really matter to me. I bought it and I haven't stopped playing it since. Some solid R&B music on this one and that's all I wanted to hear.

Add Frank Ocean 130k (itunes). Now Nas will be number 1 this week with 115-125k sales. So pretty much he sold more than them all, even though it's pretty much the same numbers. That's 2012 sales for you.

Back
Top Bottom