Chris Brown only sold 135,000...ouch *Drake won

Lets not forget FAME had strong singles with Fortune does have any strong singles.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

They making pop music. Just because they are black they say its R&B.

I cant listen to these clowns yo.

They making music for the kids. Im not bout that life son.

I can *%@$ wih Frank ocean and The Weeknd,, They put out real music son. Real talk. I can bump dey +#@%. Weeknd easily. Frank i gotta know what he talking about first b4 i get into it.
Go listen to 4-12 on Fortune and tell me it's not R&B please. 
na man CB is def on that europop wave
laugh.gif
Clearly you heard tracks 4-12 
roll.gif

i just don't get how Drake won, Rihanna is a known Industry %%%$* who rides whatever wave that's hot. she's an attention seeker.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

i just don't get how Drake won, Rihanna is a known Industry %%%$* who rides whatever wave that's hot. she's an attention seeker.

What do you know about her to call her a $$@+*?

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Originally Posted by StillIn729

that's a real bad look for Chris Brown
F.AM.E sold double that last year in it's first week 
Nah kid he's good. When Usher only did 128k. RnB isn't really selling like HIP-HOP. Usher RvR did 329k and FAME did 270k.
Yea I think we have to be realistic about sales in 2012. 100k ain't no flop no more in your 1st week and he's good because he has pop singles that will give the album some staying power on the charts.
But Usher and Chris ain't makin' no real r&b. Let's get that talk out of here. They making this techno BS and its alienating some fans. I hate it and can't wait until we move on from this Diplo/Guetta/Calvin Harris phase.

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:
Men read too much gossip these days

Yea man. Dudes acting like women on that "GIRRRRRRLLLLLL you not gonna believe what I just heard" type #%!. We wearing pants like a women and gossiping like them. A lot of dudes need to take a break and look in the mirror. 

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Nah kid he's good. When Usher only did 128k. RnB isn't really selling like HIP-HOP. Usher RvR did 329k and FAME did 270k.
Pretty much
Fortune >>> Take Care
not even close IMO
I like Chris Brown but Fortune is terrible; the only song I even like is Sweet Love

F.A.M.E was much much better and Take Care>>>>>>>>>Fortune

Fortune reminds me of a crappy mixtape with no direction 
Very true. It has no direction. Almost like a soundtrack except most soundtracks have better direction. He doesn't know if he's techno, pop or r&B or hip hop. Songs are intolerable. There's not even a comparison in Take Care and Fortune. Fortune is some trash you come up with when your label let's you have your way and "yes man" you to death. RCA just sitting by watching Chris career decline.. 

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Pretty much
Fortune >>> Take Care
not even close IMO
I like Chris Brown but Fortune is terrible; the only song I even like is Sweet Love

Very true. It has no direction. Almost like a soundtrack except most soundtracks have better direction. He doesn't know if he's techno, pop or r&B or hip hop. Songs are intolerable. There's not even a comparison in Take Care and Fortune. Fortune is some trash you come up with when your label let's you have your way and "yes man" you to death. RCA just sitting by watching Chris career decline.. 

So "Fortune" had no direction but "Take Care" did? That album is ALL OVER the place. One second he's having a duet with Rihanna half way crying and then he's having a duet with Lil Wayne. Then he's rapping about Houston and how much money he has, then he's calling his ex on some female #%%+ disrespecting her new man. I don't understand how CBs album has no direction but Take Care was cohesive. Drake himself even said he hates the track order of that album and wishes he could make changes. Take Care has some of the best production you will hear and that's it. 

not even close IMO

So "Fortune" had no direction but "Take Care" did? That album is ALL OVER the place. One second he's having a duet with Rihanna half way crying and then he's having a duet with Lil Wayne. Then he's rapping about Houston and how much money he has, then he's calling his ex on some female #%%+ disrespecting her new man. I don't understand how CBs album has no direction but Take Care was cohesive. Drake himself even said he hates the track order of that album and wishes he could make changes. Take Care has some of the best production you will hear and that's it. 

When I mean direction i'm talking about a sound. Drake has a consistent direction or sound throughout Take Care. Part of it is because he has chemistry with his producers and they did most of the work on the album. I'm not criticizing CB's subject matter. That's fine. I'm talking about his songs in general. The only reason I listened to the album was to hear tracks more along the lines of "Sweet Love" and "Strip" and I come into getting some techno trash like "Don't Wake Me Up" and "Turn It Up". And I call this "trash" but its actually the better songs on the album. His "r&b" cuts sound underwhelming. CB worked with some hot producers but they didn't give him their heat. I just feel like a album should have a consistent sound throughout and you can have your criticisms about Take Care but one thing you can't say is that it doesn't flow well. I don't know what Drake talking' about. His album is consistent throughout. 

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Frank Ocean did these numbers
laugh.gif

Well that's what I was about to say. Remember when Chris Brown and him were "beefing" and Chris said, "Ya'll small time N's don't want it..."? Seems like Frank might be more popular than CB at this very moment. You can only dance for so long. Chris gotta start making better music. 

compared to Drake everyone will lose.. CB is an Idiot and I actually liked some of his songs off Fortune, but he's just a staight up lame.

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

What do you know about her to call her a $$@+*?
Please dont make yourself an internet sucka for Rihanna, its no secret she has a friendly box.........

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Concert money>>> record sales.
grin.gif
 Dude still sells out wherever he performs. 

Concert money is dictated by album sales though. You think you gonna get 50k a show if you go out there and sell 20k your first week? And Frank Ocean been selling out shows for 2 years now. These cats not performing at stadiums. 

not even close IMO

but at the end of the day "Take Care" is critically acclaimed not to mention it sold a hell of a lot of albums
just because this little group called NT used to slurp Drake and all the sudden turned on him doesn't dictate how the actual public perceives him and this is why I think Chris Brown doing that dumb diss and again putting himself in bad light has people ready to give up on him again

this has nothing to do with drake and everything to do with chris brown being terrrrrrrible. frank ocean did these numbers with no songs on the radio and a itunes only release 
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

all chris brown has to do is make a video for w/e pop song is on that album and it well sell more...simple.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

all chris brown has to do is make a video for w/e pop song is on that album and it well sell more...simple.

He dropped 4 singles already and it got him 100k. And those were the most commercial singles not the album so how "simple" is it?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

That's what they get for not making real R&B. The older black market is heavy on buying CDs

For not making real R&B?
laugh.gif

Did you actually listen to the album? Or basing this assumption off of 2 singles released?

Back
Top Bottom