Chris Brown only sold 135,000...ouch *Drake won

Originally Posted by vandal044

this has nothing to do with drake and everything to do with chris brown being terrrrrrrible. frank ocean did these numbers with no songs on the radio and a itunes only release 
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
We all know why Frank Ocean is doing these type of numbers, and it's not because of the music even though it's good. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

all chris brown has to do is make a video for w/e pop song is on that album and it well sell more...simple.

This 
+

Why do rappers & R&B singers drop 1 single/video a month before their album release date? Drop 2-3 singles/videos 2 or 3 months prior to the album release to build anticipation and show different tracks to the audience.

Now, two things... Chris Brown still came in #1 on the the SoundScan when "Fortune" dropped, but this shows Chris Brown SEEMS like a really big star, which he really isn't. Only Hispanic/Black women are into his music, not white women.

This is why he drops the techno/house tracks because his label probably told him that, if he drops that crap then, he can crossover and get radioplay on every radio station. Therefore, more and more people will get to know his music.

"Fortune" was pretty decent. I enjoyed it, he has a great stretch of songs which were straight bedroom bangers.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Concert money>>> record sales.
grin.gif
 Dude still sells out wherever he performs. 

Concert money is dictated by album sales though. You think you gonna get 50k a show if you go out there and sell 20k your first week? And Frank Ocean been selling out shows for 2 years now. These cats not performing at stadiums. 
Chris Brown can demand what price he wants for a concert. It will sell out. He's still Chris Brown.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

all chris brown has to do is make a video for w/e pop song is on that album and it well sell more...simple.

This 
+

Why do rappers & R&B singers drop 1 single/video a month before their album release date? Drop 2-3 singles/videos 2 or 3 months prior to the album release to build anticipation and show different tracks to the audience.

Now, two things... Chris Brown still came in #1 on the the SoundScan when "Fortune" dropped, but this shows Chris Brown SEEMS like a really big star, which he really isn't. Only Hispanic/Black women are into his music, not white women.

This is why he drops the techno/house tracks because his label probably told him that, if he drops that crap then, he can crossover and get radioplay on every radio station. Therefore, more and more people will get to know his music.

"Fortune" was pretty decent. I enjoyed it, he has a great stretch of songs which were straight bedroom bangers.
I go to school in Hamden, CT and live in Northern Virginia which are both predominantly white populated areas and all of the girls I know love Breezy, despite his past actions. He's the go to black guy for all white girls imo even after what he did. 

Originally Posted by madj55

this has nothing to do with drake and everything to do with chris brown being terrrrrrrible. frank ocean did these numbers with no songs on the radio and a itunes only release 
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
We all know why Frank Ocean is doing these type of numbers, and it's not because of the music even though it's good. 

QFT

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

grin.gif

Concert money is dictated by album sales though. You think you gonna get 50k a show if you go out there and sell 20k your first week? And Frank Ocean been selling out shows for 2 years now. These cats not performing at stadiums. 
Chris Brown can demand what price he wants for a concert. It will sell out. He's still Chris Brown.
laugh.gif
 I'm not even going to bother 

im a grown !*% man, there's no reason for me to listen to his young minded music

just doesn't connect with me

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

i just don't get how Drake won, Rihanna is a known Industry %%%$* who rides whatever wave that's hot. she's an attention seeker.

What do you know about her to call her a $$@+*?
Please dont make yourself an internet sucka for Rihanna, its no secret she has a friendly box.........

Is it really?
laugh.gif
Just cuz two $@!!! made men were fighting over her doesn't make her an industry jump...

we KNOW she had sex w/Breezy and Matt Kemp...probably had sex w/Drake

yeah she acts a fool online but that doesnt really mean anything

I don't get how 4-the end of Fortune aren't R&B

This 
+

I go to school in Hamden, CT and live in Northern Virginia which are both predominantly white populated areas and all of the girls I know love Breezy, despite his past actions. He's the go to black guy for all white girls imo even after what he did. 
Oh alright, why you think he sold so low then?

come to think of it. Itll probably pick up in sales. Son put out a bunch of material (rapping & singing) and kept his buzz consistent though and that nonsense with Drake only added to it.

People just ain't buying records anymore.

Good ole NT, they look at numbers when they want to or its "nobody buys CD's anymore" yall really gotta pick a side
laugh.gif

This 
+

His promotion for the album was terrible. Dropped the first single in November and decided to have a no interview policy all the way up until a week before Fortune dropped. Turn Up the Music did well on the charts for a little while, but the rest of the singles he dropped didn't do anything for him like "Look at Me Now","Yeah 3x", and "Deuces" did for F.A.M.E. I blame this on his management and RCA because this is actually one of his better albums in my opinion. 

RCA just put out Usher, 128,*** first week
RCA just put out R. Kelly, 67,*** first week
RCA just put out Chris Brown, 134,*** first week

Like dude above said. Deuces came out and everyone went crazy because they could relate so that had the ball rolling. Then once Look At Me Now came out, album was ready. That song was EVERYWHERE.

Doesn't really matter to me. I bought it and I haven't stopped playing it since. Some solid R&B music on this one and that's all I wanted to hear.

His promotion for the album was terrible. Dropped the first single in November and decided to have a no interview policy all the way up until a week before Fortune dropped. Turn Up the Music did well on the charts for a little while, but the rest of the singles he dropped didn't do anything for him like "Look at Me Now","Yeah 3x", and "Deuces" did for F.A.M.E. I blame this on his management and RCA because this is actually one of his better albums in my opinion. 
I hear you and I agree, i actually support droppin' 3-4 singles in advance to promote their album. I jus' think Chris Brown isn't as big as the internet/BET make him to be. 

Are ya'll guys serious right now. NT is the home of the ******ed A&R i swear, 

The man just debuted at #1 and is an R&B SUPERSTAR who's only 23 and is probably the best performer in his Genre, Not to mention has one of the most loyal fanbases in music & yall in here predicting this mans demise. When will ya'll fools learn smh
laugh.gif

Chris Brown isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but he just has too much bad publicity.  His image never fully recovered from the Rhianna beatdown...then his tirade on GMA, stealing a fan's cellphone, his brawl with Drake and his stupid Twitter. 

Some musicians/celebrities shouldn't have social media.  Social media should enhance your career....not tarnish your image and hurt your sales. 

He is young though...he'll be fine if he matures or he'll end up in more trouble down the line.  Pattern of behavior. 

I don't think anything Chris Brown put out is touching Drake's Take Care.  People can call him soft, emo, whatever.....the CD was solid. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT

Originally Posted by tyisny

The man just debuted at #1 and is an R&B SUPERSTAR who's only 23 and is probably the best performer in his Genre, Not to mention has one of the most loyal fanbases in music & yall in here predicting this mans demise. When will ya'll fools learn smh
laugh.gif
yes it would def support your theory with the fact his album a year later sold half the amount of his previous and when Rihanna incident went down his album did horrible
CB doesn't have a loyal fan base...he lives or dies off his singles 

grin.gif

I mean, Rihanna last album sold like 900,000 copies and she still made like $50+ million last year according to forbes. So once again, concert money > album sales. 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by tyisny

laugh.gif
yes it would def support your theory with the fact his album a year later sold half the amount of his previous and when Rihanna incident went down his album did horrible
CB doesn't have a loyal fan base...he lives or dies off his singles 

teambreezy ant loyal? 

Back
Top Bottom