Choose one - Chinese or Mexican food (American for both)

Tamales are one of the mexican foods I dont like. Usually theres too much masa thats flavorless and not enough meat
You gotta have a tamale-lady. Meaning, you gotta have someone that makes home-made tamales for you and you can buy a platter from them.

@bxbadboy90 Damn it sucks that the east-coast doesn't have good taquerias. Over here, I have a hard time choosing from 5 in a two block radius. Well at least ya'll have affordable pizza, Caribbean food, and some good sausage spots.

Just had pan-fried noodles with beef and veggies last night.

Still prefer lo mein.

Just had pan-fried noodles with beef and veggies last night.

Still prefer lo mein.

I thoughy about this earlier today. My friends always order pan-fried noodles when we’re at a real Chinese spot. It’s aight but I like lo mein from takeout spots a lot more.

People say authentic Chinese food is way better but I like takeout about the same. Duck or pork belly bao are great and sweet and sour pork chops are crack when I’m in Chinatown. I’m a fan of dim sum as well. Last time I went to joe’s shanghai though and was disappointed with the food.

There's 8 big regions with different types of food in China
There's probably thousands more real Chinese dishes than American Chinese dishes

Sesh swan is really good.
Then there's Cantonese, hudan, etc

Had some dim sum this past weekend. Comfort food.

Still need to try Din Tai Fung.

xiao-long-bao-01.jpg

There's 8 big regions with different types of food in China
There's probably thousands more real Chinese dishes than American Chinese dishes

Sesh swan is really good.
Then there's Cantonese, hudan, etc

Hakka :pimp:

Chinese food for me. Im going back to my hometown Chicago for my cousins wedding and my aunt is gonna treat us to China Chef I love that restaurant their pansit guisado is the best

Yeah it's a nay for me fam. Overpriced

If it is something about Chinese food, when coming from a restaurant, that **** be expensive.

From a traditional Chinese restaurant? I Know some decent ones in nyc that are decent and won't leave you cash strapping.

Never had P.F. Chang's but I'm intrigued on how it's presented in a high scale way.

From a traditional Chinese restaurant? I Know some decent ones in nyc that are decent and won't leave you cash strapping.

Never had P.F. Chang's but I'm intrigued on how it's presented in a high scale way.

I dont know what's traditional and what's not to be honest. I just know that last Friday, I went with me and my girl to this spot we usually go tl. We ordered chicken Fried rice, Lo Mein, and Kung Pao chicken, and it came out to like $60. They give you a decent portion, but its pricey.

Compared to Mexican, yes it is more expensive but in general, I don't think it is that expensive. Usually you order either fried rice or chow-mein/fun and a dish and just get white rice. I always think $25-35 for two is about right for Chinese. Any more than that, and you are taking home left overs.

A couple years ago I went to Puerto Vallarta for a destination wedding. One of my homies I flew down there with is a chef. We knew the resort wasn't gonna have "authentic" food so he had this whole plan of talking to the staff and asking where they go to get food when they're not at work. People at the resort were super cool. One dude even said he would show us around on his off day and take us to a couple restaurants. We were pumped. Dude even reminded us one day like " hey we still gonna get some food?". Day comes and dude never showed up. Asked him the next day we saw him and he was like "...... they don't really like tourists at any of those spots". :lol: Wasn't mad at him

Compared to Mexican, yes it is more expensive but in general, I don't think it is that expensive. Usually you order either fried rice or chow-mein/fun and a dish and just get white rice. I always think $25-35 for two is about right for Chinese. Any more than that, and you are taking home left overs.

Yeah 25-35 isnt happening. That's two entrees by itself

Nay. It’s bland and overpriced. At least Panda Express has strong flavors and tastes good and is fast/cheap, PF Chang’s is ultra sterilized.

Panda Express is my ish so I’ll go American Chinese > American mexican

Back
Top Bottom