Caught Cheating on a exam .. help me out UPDATE pg 14

Didn't read all 19 pages, but this once happened to someone I know at UCF...they took it to the dean and the dean failed them for that class and wouldn't allow them to use grade forgiveness for said class. Hopefully something similar happens.

Maybe you should get a lawyer to help?  When you are facing expulsion, you need sound advice.

Didn't read all 19 pages, but this once happened to someone I know at UCF...they took it to the dean and the dean failed them for that class and wouldn't allow them to use grade forgiveness for said class. Hopefully something similar happens.

Should have sent an email over the weekend. You letting it rock makes the professor think you're calling his bluff. Bad move.

Should have sent an email over the weekend. You letting it rock makes the professor think you're calling his bluff. Bad move.

OP keep your head up. No matter what happens, there's ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel

OP keep your head up. No matter what happens, there's ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel

You let the professor get in his thoughts about the situation by not saying anything over the weekend. Here at WVU they kick you out immediatley unless your on the sports team. Good Luck OP. Keep your head up everything in life happens for a reason.

You let the professor get in his thoughts about the situation by not saying anything over the weekend. Here at WVU they kick you out immediatley unless your on the sports team. Good Luck OP. Keep your head up everything in life happens for a reason.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

I feel like this is what is going to happen as well. Getting kicked out seems way to extreme for a case like that. I just see the OP getting an F for the class and having to take it again another year. I think you will be cool.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

I feel like this is what is going to happen as well. Getting kicked out seems way to extreme for a case like that. I just see the OP getting an F for the class and having to take it again another year. I think you will be cool.

You'll get an F for the class. It happeneds all the time. They won't expelled you if haven't had problems with the school

You'll get an F for the class. It happeneds all the time. They won't expelled you if haven't had problems with the school

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

A dude at my school allegedly lied about the reason why his paper was late.
He said, he already had it done, but was unable to send it or something like that.
They tracked the log on the Word document and it said that he had created the document the day he submitted the paper.
Messed up thing was he was a senior and the class was a non-graded, one credit class.
The irony was it was one of those mandatory school ethics type classes.
Ultimately...he was expelled.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

He said, he already had it done, but was unable to send it or something like that.
They tracked the log on the Word document and it said that he had created the document the day he submitted the paper.
Messed up thing was he was a senior and the class was a non-graded, one credit class.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

OP I sat on the Judiciary Board while in Grad School....

-Read your syllabus, (that is your contract between the professor and you) there should be a section that states about cheating/plagerism and it would indicate what the professor handles it

-Read the academic honesty/honor code, it would tell you how the University handles such matters

-Usually folks that were tried in the hearing would state their case, the professor would state his case. Then the decsion would be left up to the board panel, who then would give the recomendation to the Dean. It would be left up to the Dean's discretion as to what would be the course of action.

Usually we would allow the student in school, he/she would take an F in the course and sit out a semester.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

OP I sat on the Judiciary Board while in Grad School....

-Read your syllabus, (that is your contract between the professor and you) there should be a section that states about cheating/plagerism and it would indicate what the professor handles it

-Read the academic honesty/honor code, it would tell you how the University handles such matters

-Usually folks that were tried in the hearing would state their case, the professor would state his case. Then the decsion would be left up to the board panel, who then would give the recomendation to the Dean. It would be left up to the Dean's discretion as to what would be the course of action.

Usually we would allow the student in school, he/she would take an F in the course and sit out a semester.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

you *#!%$! OP

at this point i haven't had a professor that doesn't have the honor code in the syllabus and some even make you sign one every time you take a text or quiz

hopefully they'll just fail you since you're so close to graduation

you *#!%$! OP

at this point i haven't had a professor that doesn't have the honor code in the syllabus and some even make you sign one every time you take a text or quiz

hopefully they'll just fail you since you're so close to graduation

Originally Posted by scshift

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom