CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

Man, I don't even care if this new Avengers movie is going to be 3 hours long if they can tie in all the details from all of the linking movies :lol:

I feel that it's only going to get better with time since more connections will be made. It's like a sitcom or drama on the big screen.

It's tough. Marvel would have to offer Sony 3-4 billion up front for them to even consider giving up their rights.

Yea, it started with Iron Man.

Last edited:
I like Spidey with Sony. All the money and and investment goes just to him.
Don't want any lame single films if he was with Marvel.

Man, I don't even care if this new Avengers movie is going to be 3 hours long if they can tie in all the details from all of the linking movies
laugh.gif

I feel that it's only going to get better with time since more connections will be made. It's like a sitcom or drama on the big screen.
me neither lol

i LOVE long movies, make me feel like i paid my moneys worth

I think The Avengers completely ruined me for all non marvel studios movies. I can't look at the xmen and spiderman movies the same way anymore.
I agree. Spidey will definitely be better off in Marvel's hand but the movies are good enough where I don't care if Marvel gets the rights back considering they literally have an army of good superheroes that have not had their movies and TV shows yet.

X-Men tho I wish they would just bomb for **** sake.

F4 is literally the only movie that there is a chance Marvel would get the rights back to. I hope they do. Science bros should be Stark and Richards. Pym should be on his own ****. So should Banner. Stark irks Banner a lot in the comics. They couldn't be science bros. He hunts down Hulk a lot come to think of it. To me these movies are missing an integral part of the Avengers team and that's Reed Richards, Sue Storm, and Ben Grimm.

If there was a legit movement to boycott I'd join it but I'd be stupid to not watch it when I hear it made 60 million in a weekend or whatever. My not going is not going to hurt the franchise. But if I hear that it only made 5 million and people are boycotting, and there's a real chance of them flopping...

And this "justification" is why Marvel will never get those rights back. Make any excuse you want you are still part of the problem
Thanks for the info, dudes.

I read about that. It started with Ironman right? That movie was so :pimp:

Can they buy back the rights to the ones they sold? I'm sure it'll cost a pretty penny but like you guys say...they would more or less have control of Hollywood, the ability to make or break careers.

With the amount of money these movies are making Fox and Sony, it would cost about as much for Disney to buy Spidey or X-Men as it did for them to get all of Marvel. Since Marvel would not be making a Spidey or X-Men film every year like Sony and Fox it isn't even worth it for Disney especially considering Disney is getting royalties from the movies and merch as it is as well as a boost in sales for all things related to those movies.

Last edited:
Lol yes I'm sorry I'm not hurting Sony with my 10 dollars like you are, dog.
I feel like most of these movies will do well or at least break even based on the Marvel name alone.

Spider-Man is now def aimed at the kiddy crowd.

Sorry if I got the thread off track with the question, dudes.

Really interesting discussion right now. I'm sure Stan Lee is caking nicely off of this. But dude looks so low key like he would never even use all of it.

Lol if I choose not to buy tickets I'm not hurting anyone but myself. Bankrupting a franchise is not something one person can do.

I feel like most of these movies will do well or at least break even based on the Marvel name alone.

Spider-Man is now def aimed at the kiddy crowd.

Sorry if I got the thread off track with the question, dudes.

Really interesting discussion right now. I'm sure Stan Lee is caking nicely off of this. But dude looks so low key like he would never even use all of it.

Stan Lee says he doesnt get paid off the movies. Odd that Stan Lee is only worth $50 mill. RDJ literally got more money off Marvel than Stan Lee did. Sold his shares to the company at the wrong time. At least I presume considering the company was purchased by Disney for 4 billion. If he owned all of Marvel at the time (don't know if he ever did) it would all be his

But he said he isnt worried about it. He said that the company treated him nicely so he's cool.

Last edited:
Then why are you arguing with me :lol:

You mad bruh? Enjoy your movie. Like I said I don't care if Marvel ever gets Spidey back if Sony films stay the same quality. But I don't go saying I hope something will flop and hand them my money. Obviously you don't want them to flop enough.

How does spiderman look like its made for the kids?
Have you seen the latest Spider-Man film? Maybe it's because Peter was a high school kid still, but that was the vibe I got. I also thought they overused CGI in the film too.

I thought I finally got over the fact that poppa doc was friends with Captain America, but the scene where Captain America makes a speech at the SHIELD building. Poppa Doc goes back to his 8 mile persona and says, "was that written or of the top of the head?"

I really liked this movie I felt like the first part of the movie was like a political thriller instead of a super hero movie.

Last edited:
I thought I finally got over the fact that poppa doc was friends with Captain America, but the scene where Captain America makes a speech at the SHIELD building. Poppa Doc goes back to his 8 mile persona and says, "was that written or of the top of the head?"
the cranbrook flight program is no joke though 
nerd.gif

It's still real to me dammit
Haha. Word! I guess I should've said the CGI used wasn't the best. I remember there was a scene on the bridge where cars were falling down into the water because of the bad guy. The CGI on the cars looked horrible.

This movie was so action packed. I recommend this film to any marvel fan. I don't wanna' spoil the ending but... Forget it.

I'm interested in seeing How vision and scarlet witch's love story will play out on screen...

Back
Top Bottom