CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

That was during the WWII though, it's been 70+ years since? They didn't explain but then again Wakanda was an easter egg in IM2 so I am sure they could acquire more now.

I think the shield in his house is just his old one because it's completely different color from the one he used in the ship.
View media item 898714

You can see in this picture that he uses tape to cover up the red for stealth missions.

attachment.php

Saw those beforehand and thought they were blood smears. :lol: Then again this is a Disney film.

Why must you kill the Wakanda dream! :smh:

Still weird that he has to tape off an old shield and he just has one.

Also where did you get the shield on your car? Is it real metal? I want one to hang in my wall.

Film made $96m over the weekend, after $37m first day I thought it was going to make at least $100m. Still great and broke Aprils record but I can't help but feel it could have done IM3 numbers on opening if it weren't April.

Last edited:
in the first cap america stark says that the last and only bit of the metal was made to make the shield, which i always found weird.. if its the rarest and strongest metal in the world why would they make a round shield  out of it and throw it in some trash heap 
laugh.gif

I believe so. Shield is made of Vibranium but I doubt Ultron will be made of Adamantium.

I think adamantium came from them trying to replicate vibranium

In the Marvel Universe, adamantium is a group of man-made metal alloys of varying durability, but all are nearly indestructible. Adamantium was inadvertently invented by the American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain in an attempt to recreate his prior discovery, a unique alloy of steel and vibranium (which required an unknown catalyst for its manufacture) that was used to create Captain America's shield.[3]

-Wikipedia

Last edited:
in the wolverine origins movie didnt they shoot him in the head with bullets made of adamantium? i dont remember it going through his skull

there are also versions of cap's shield where its made of adamantium

I just noticed now that Batroc's costume is the same as in the comics without the gloves and mask. Just throw on some camo cargos

Interesting if speculation is true:

It’s never too early to make movie plans. Especially when you’re a studio with a billion-dollar franchise at stake. 20th Century Fox, which has only recently cast its new Fantastic Four and has another X-Men movie out this summer, has announced release dates for Fantastic Four II, the next Wolverine standalone — and a mystery third Marvel film.
Related
'Fantastic Four' casting: Fox zeroes in on its final 4 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer teases new film 'will address mutant origins' -- EXCLUSIVE
The rebooted Fantastic Four, with Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, and Miles Teller reportedly aboard, is scheduled for June 19, 2015, but Fox has already penciled in a sequel for July 14, 2017.
Meanwhile, Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine, who stars in this May’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, will return in another standalone movie, targeted for March 3, 2017. His last solo effort, 2013′s The Wolverine, grossed $414.8 million globally. That film’s director, James Mangold, is attached to the next sequel as well. (Another X-Men all-star movie, X-Men: Apocalypse, will open May 27, 2016.)
Fox will deliver another Marvel film on July 13, 2018, but the studio hasn’t yet announced which superhero will be suiting up. Since Fox owns only X-Men and Fantastic Four, there’s speculation that the film could be either a crossover or another standalone for a main character from one of those franchises.

found a great page that showed explanations about the movie studios and character rights:

http://www.comicvine.com/marvel/401...vie-character-rights-and-where-they-a-666672/

just some important points I found interesting:

Sony- Spider-Man and Ghost Rider (and all related villains, characters, etc.)
Fox- X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four (and all related villains, characters, etc.)
Marvel Studios/Disney- All the characters that aren't affiliated with Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four.

Now of course, there are some little exceptions. For example, the characters Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were so closely related to both the Avengers (they were both members for a very long time) and to the X-Men (they're Magneto's children), they can be used by both Fox and Marvel/Disney. There are rules to things they can/cannot say, however. In an Avengers movie, they aren't allowed to discuss "mutants" or Magneto or the X-Men. In an X-Men movie, they aren't allowed to discuss the Avengers or Hulk or Iron Man.

See, the contracts for say, Daredevil and the FF, say that "If Fox doesn't make a movie without these guys in it after this many years, the rights go back to Marvel." Easy squeezie, right? Wrong. Since Fox cares oh so much about the money these potential cash-cows make, (and who can blame them?) they will do everything in their power to keep these names until they realize that people will not pay any more money to see them. That's exactly what happened with the Punisher, and now he's under the Marvel/Disney roof with all of his old friends.

So I guess for Marvel Studios/Disney to get the X-Men back Fox has to go a certain number of years without putting a movie out.

Marvel Studios got Ghost Rider, Dare Devil, Punisher, and Blade back

Last edited:
fox needs to just give it up already

a cap america X wolverine WWII movie would be the greatest thing in comic book movie history

Saw this yesterday. For a 2 hr movie basically about a guy running around punching and kicking people with a shield, this was very well done. :smokin They did a great job on this movie. Sad that the X-Men movies are such garbage with the characters they have to work with.

I thought this was better than the 1st. What did ya'll think?

some dude in the theatre was like I bet that LUCY movie is a black window prequel. I turned around and :smh:
:lol:

Saw this yesterday. For a 2 hr movie basically about a guy running around punching and kicking people with a shield, this was very well done. :smokin They did a great job on this movie. Sad that the X-Men movies are such garbage with the characters they have to work with.

I thought this was better than the 1st. What did ya'll think?

Oh, most definitely. I mean, even the little flashbacks alone were better than Cap 1. :lol:
Topped my expectations. I'm happy the directors are coming back for the next one. :smokin

Last edited:
TWS is better than TFA but TFA is underrated and slept on. If TFA had the same level of action/fighting style it would be right on the same level. Glad they're bringing the Russo brothers back to direct.

Are they related to the late Aaron Russo. :nerd: If so, that would be interesting on MANY levels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom