CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

Loved it. Loved everything from beginning to end BUT...I really hate how in some of the fight scenes the camera was too close. I know its because of the PG13 rating but damn :smh:
Yeah, like they had all the right ideas, but sometimes it just wouldn't flow just right. Reminded me of Bourne Supremacy, with the shaky cam and too close and missed shots sometimes. I think that's just cuz this was the directors first action thing. All they needed was the experience, and then they tighten up like Bourne Ultimatum did for the next one.

It's good news they're doing Cap 3. :smokin

And I would rather Marvel owned Spider-Man and X-Men...not even because I want them to be in Avengers. Cuz tbh...they're pushing up against the 'too many characters' wall already. But because ASM and First Class were both just good enough imo. And ASM2 and Days of Future Past both look just good enough.

And it feels like that's about the best they're ever gonna be.

Last edited:
If I were to ignore that The Avengers exist, I would say that the ASM franchise is headed in the right direction.

I actually liked First Class, but I'm not very excited about Days of Future Past.

i have zero faith for x-anything as long as singer is involved.. also very shaky on this fantastic four reboot

Last edited:
Saw it yesterday and loved it. Usually Cap is just a boy scout and not every complex, just always doing the right thing and thats its, but they did a good of making him a lot more interesting in this film. Also enjoyed how everybody got some shine in this film from the Winter Soldier to Nick Fury, love seeing Sam Jackson in action yelling and ****. They also did a great job on improving Cap's fighting style, especially with the shield. Can't wait to see where they go with Captain America 3.

The end credit scenes QS and SW was awesome, got me even more hyped for Avengers: Age of Ultron. Did Whedon film this scene?

Anybody else notice or read about any other easter eggs then the Stephen Strange name drop and the Avengers Tower being a target?

Anybody else notice or read about any other easter eggs then the Stephen Strange name drop and the Avengers Tower being a target?

Lemurian star - Lemuria is an aquatic city like Namor's Atlantis.

Mention Bruce Banner and Tony Stark

"The path of the righteous" was inscribed on Nick Fury's grave. That is an excerpt from the fictional bible verse he says before he caps someone in pulp fiction

^^The Banner and Stark being mentioned were pretty obvious and Pulp Fiction is my favorite film of all time so I definitely caught that but Lemurian Star went over my head, didn't catch that one at all.

I still how they could mention Lemuria if Namor is tied up with Universal. They probably just used it anyway since no one would sue over that

Last edited:
Eh, it's cool that Namor isn't in this universe for now. I'll wait for James Cameron and his underwater tech to come out before studios experiment with underwater films.

I've been pretty pro-Bucky as Cap since the beginning but with Coulson and Fury both "dying" in the last two movies with Cap, but the next one better mean something. It's becoming too cheap now.

The difference between Coulson and Fury dying is that Fury pretended to be dead and didnt actually die, which is fine but they brought coulson back like those ridiculous comic book deaths that mean nothing.

If you have been paying attention to the trailers you knew Fury wasnt dead since the "I guess you are giving the orders now Cap" line wasnt dropped

Last edited:
Of course nobody believed Fury would die but I'm saying, it's gonna be pretty silly, story-wise, if they have another character presumed dead by the public.

a Black Widow solo movie could be interesting at this point.

Interested to see how Agents of SHIELD changes as of this week after Cap America changed everything up

Lemurian star - Lemuria is an aquatic city like Namor's Atlantis.

Mention Bruce Banner and Tony Stark

"The path of the righteous" was inscribed on Nick Fury's grave. That is an excerpt from the fictional bible verse he says before he caps someone in pulp fiction

Cap had different tings listed in his notepad depending on what region the film was being shown.

Baron Von Strucker was in the end credits with SW and QS

Ed Brubaker the writer of TWS made a cameo as a scientist attending to TWS

Rumlow/Crossbones survived the helicarrier crash.

Danny Pudi was in this movie because Russo bros also worked on several episodes of Community.

Am I the only one that took extra time to notice all the parallels between HYRDA and the NSA? Looks like they took everything the NSA has been accused of doing, used it as HYDRA's plot, and threw in the Marvel lore to compliment it.

Really liked the movie though, surprised to see so many blacks in leadership roles in the movie. Almost all of them got clapped, but still refreshing.

Am I the only one that took extra time to notice all the parallels between HYRDA and the NSA? Looks like they took everything the NSA has been accused of doing, used it as HYDRA's plot, and threw in the Marvel lore to compliment it.

Really liked the movie though, surprised to see so many blacks in leadership roles in the movie. Almost all of them got clapped, but still refreshing.
yeah probably so
i was just tryna enjoy the movie :lol:

Yeah probably. I mean the NSA is collecting all of our info as we type, but I don't think killing 20 million is on their agenda.

Yeah probably. I mean the NSA is collecting all of our info as we type, but I don't think killing 20 million is on their agenda.
or is it??? :nerd:

or is it???
nerd.gif

It was definitely planned that way. From the Russo bros themselves

“[Marvel] said they wanted to make a political thriller,” Joe Russo, who directed the film with his brother Anthony, told the magazine Mother Jones. “So we said if you want to make a political thriller, all the great political thrillers have very current issues in them that reflect the anxiety of the audience. … That gives it an immediacy, it makes it relevant. So [Anthony] and I just looked at the issues that were causing anxiety for us, because we read a lot and are politically inclined. And a lot of that stuff had to do with civil liberties issues, drone strikes, the president’s kill list, preemptive technology.”

"It's hard to make a political film that's not topical. That's what makes a political thriller different from just a thriller. And that's what adds to the characters' paranoia and the audience's experience of that paranoia. But we're also very pop-culture-obsessed and we love topicality, so we kept pushing to [have] scenes that, fortunately or unfortunately, played out [during the time that Edward] Snowden outed the NSA. That stuff was already in the zeitgeist. We were all reading the articles that were coming out questioning drone strikes, pre-emptive strikes, civil liberties — [Barack] Obama talking about who they would kill... We wanted to put all of that into the film because it would be a contrast to [Captain America]'s greatest-generation [way of thinking]."

Last edited:
These greedy moutha*****s...they need to get their ish together, Sony and Marvel and Fox, and put just one massive movie together, I'm talking a three movie 'dun dun dun' ending at the end of each...I'm talking a House of M storyline...or am Age of Apocolypse storyline...like what's good you greedy bastards y'all could make a billi per movie...not to mention merchandise and promotions...I hate marvel for their bankruptcy...

a Black Widow solo movie could be interesting at this point.

Interested to see how Agents of SHIELD changes as of this week after Cap America changed everything up

some dude in the theatre was like I bet that LUCY movie is a black window prequel. I turned around and :smh:

That was during the WWII though, it's been 70+ years since? They didn't explain but then again Wakanda was an easter egg in IM2 so I am sure they could acquire more now.

I think the shield in his house is just his old one because it's completely different color from the one he used in the ship.
View media item 898714

You can see in this picture that he uses tape to cover up the red for stealth missions.

attachment.php

Kinda like how they used it for the promo pic. The red paint is underneath, not being scratched off, like originally thought.
View media item 903233

Last edited:
Cap had different tings listed in his notepad depending on what region the film was being shown.

Baron Von Strucker was in the end credits with SW and QS

Ed Brubaker the writer of TWS made a cameo as a scientist attending to TWS

Rumlow/Crossbones survived the helicarrier crash.

Danny Pudi was in this movie because Russo bros also worked on several episodes of Community.

lol that is not an easter egg. Forgot about the Ed Brubajer one. Did not know Crossbones survived the crash

But if actors are easter eggs then Batroc is an MMA fighter in real life

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom