CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

Loved it. Loved everything from beginning to end BUT...I really hate how in some of the fight scenes the camera was too close. I know its because of the PG13 rating but damn
mean.gif

I also am extremely hyped the russo bros are coming back to do Cap 3. Between them and Weeden marvel is in good hands.

plus I really cant wait till tues to see how AoS handles what went down in the movie and the aftermath the rest of the season.

Loved it. Loved everything from beginning to end BUT...I really hate how in some of the fight scenes the camera was too close. I know its because of the PG13 rating but damn :smh:

I also am extremely hyped the russo bros are coming back to do Cap 3. Between them and Weeden marvel is in good hands.

plus I really cant wait till tues to see how AoS handles what went down in the movie and the aftermath the rest of the season.

lol. It's Whedon

Loved it. Loved everything from beginning to end BUT...I really hate how in some of the fight scenes the camera was too close. I know its because of the PG13 rating but damn :smh:

Yeah the shaky cam sucks sometimes. My only complaints for this movie are a few visual things, but that's just minor.

Just watched it for a second time in 3 nights. Hoping I'm not invited to a 3rd time tonight. I liked it very much but not that much.

I'm happy it grossed so much. Hoping it gets to a 100 so they can say they opened to a 100 mil in April.

Maybe hollywood will finally realize that there are hundreds of millions of people on spring break in US and UK. Never understood why they think people only want to watch movies between may and august.

It's a changing landscape. The last couple years movies been breaking records during the off season ej. Twilight, Hunger Games

There was actually a really good article about how all this may mean the death of smaller, intimate movies if studios realize they can release blockbusters all yr round.

Not related to this movie, but can anyone tell me why/how the Marvel movies are broken up? IE X-Men, Spiderman, etc.

I caught that Ghost Rider 2 on TV for the first time last week...hands down the worst Marvel (or any movie at that) I've seen.

Marvel comics was in a bad way in the late 90s and they sold movie rights to stay afloat. And then they saw how well movies like spiderman and xmen were doing in the 2000s so they decided f it, we're going to start making our own movies and they made marvel studios. And now that they're doing well they're trying to get some of the rights back but some of the studios are more stubborn about letting go than others.

Not related to this movie, but can anyone tell me why/how the Marvel movies are broken up? IE X-Men, Spiderman, etc.

I caught that Ghost Rider 2 on TV for the first time last week...hands down the worst Marvel (or any movie at that) I've seen.

Marvel was bankrupt (or on the verge of bankruptcy) and needed the money to stay afloat. So they sold the rights to their most popular characters. Since then they have gotten most of their film rights back due to lack of use from the purchaser. Only ones they haven't gotten back are X-Men (including Cable, Deadpool, X-Force and all X-Men affiliates), F4, Namor, and Spidey. The reason Namor isn't back with Marvel is because the timer for when Marvel gets their rights back starts after the first movie is made and restarts after another movie is in preproduction.

IDK how but they got the rights back to Cap and Hulk and then they had all the people necessary for an Avengers movie and decided to test their luck.

Last edited:
If marvel studios had all their rights under one umbrella... It'd be pretty scary...

bruh.... they would be a ******* problem if they had the X-Men rights as well.

After seeing this movie I can't help but imagine how Marvel Studios would do a Cable or X-Force movie.

I know they have a good relationship with Sony and the spiderman rights. I'm praying they mention something about Peters parents being SHIELD agents in ASM2 but eh

I know they have a good relationship with Sony and the spiderman rights. I'm praying they mention something about Peters parents being SHIELD agents in ASM2 but eh

Some industry insiders say Sony has the Spidey rights forever after those renegotiations. Grace Randolph said that is what she heard from insiders. No one cares that Sony has the rights to Spidey since they do a good job with him.

Sony does a decent job but in Marvel's hands he'd definitely be even better.

Sony is trying to franchise spiderman's world like they're doing with the Avengers, where they're thinking of doing Black Cat and Venom spinoffs, and having them cross over with each other and also a movie just about the sinister six. I hope they **** up so hard that they have no choice but to give up the rights.

Last edited:
If those rumors are true, which oddly enough I believe they are, it wouldnt matter how bad they **** up.

Reason I believe it is true is because after the renegotiations Sony gets more rights to movie $ and Disney gets more rights to merch $ (which is what they really want).

EDIT: Also Sony and Marvel have a good relationship. Sony does all the anime movies.

Last edited:
Also I noticed the same people hoping Fox and Sony will fail go to see the movies in theaters and buying the DVDs. Not me tho. I do not give Fox any of my money. Sony's movies are good enough where Marvel getting them back is of little concern to me so I see those in theaters.

Last edited:
All they need is one simple cameo for spiderman in an Avengers movie. He could easily swing by, saw something funny, and swing off.

I think The Avengers completely ruined me for all non marvel studios movies. I can't look at the xmen and spiderman movies the same way anymore.

If there was a legit movement to boycott I'd join it but I'd be stupid to not watch it when I hear it made 60 million in a weekend or whatever. My not going is not going to hurt the franchise. But if I hear that it only made 5 million and people are boycotting, and there's a real chance of them flopping...

Thanks for the info, dudes.

I read about that. It started with Ironman right? That movie was so :pimp:

Can they buy back the rights to the ones they sold? I'm sure it'll cost a pretty penny but like you guys say...they would more or less have control of Hollywood, the ability to make or break careers.

Back
Top Bottom