CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

Saw it last night in 3-D since that was the only option available. Great action scenes :pimp:

Fury's weapon-packed SHIELD SUV, Winter Soldier with the mask on, the machines... :x:smokin

Just came back from my second viewing :smokin

Couple things I didn't catch in my first viewing that I caught this time, particularly the Zola algorithm

The whole thing with it is that it's suppose to use your past actions as an indicator for future probability and that through that they were able to eliminate any future threat to Shield (hydra) like Stephen Strange? Did anyone also catch the guns on the 3 hellicarriers target Avengers tower? I heard probability an automatically thought of Scarlett witch, because she can alter probability. I think the Zola algorithm is the beginning of how Ultron will come to be. I also think that avengers tower will play a big role in A2 8)

What is the deal with Avengers tower? Why is that, or would that be important? Is it like their lab, hangout, or something, or just Stark's old house converted, or what?

I don't think Zola will factor into the Avengers at all. Strucker is going to be the initial focus.

Avengers tower is
What is the deal with Avengers tower? Why is that, or would that be important? Is it like their lab, hangout, or something, or just Stark's old house converted, or what?

Avengers tower is the headquarters and Stark Towers converted.

While Zola won't be in A2, that algorithm in the flash drive and them exposing everyone's past will be the big part of A2 and development of Ultron.

Scarlet just said in an interview about A2 that it was about dealing with her past and everyone else's so the touch on society and big brother thing will play a big role in A2 for sure and development of Ultron.

I have a feeling that Stark will get his hands on the flash drive (maybe Cap or BW asks him to open it up?) and it'll corrupt his systems and infect Jarvis.

She was definitely great in a film but I still have very little interest in a stand-alone movie for her, maybe a BW and Hawkeye kind of got my interest a bit more than before but I just really rather that one movie slot go to BP, Strange or another Hulk film. I just don't think she can carry a whole film by herself.

Also, am I the only one who didn't like Sharon Carters casting? I think they could have gotten someone much better looking, she looks extra average especially when you look at Scarlet, Cobie and Hayley.
I think she was perfect in casting. I wish she had more character development. She was definitely pretty. Not everyone needs to be drop dead gorgeous. I don't like when movies make ever girl look like supermodels

I already see a few people complaining about the utilization of TWS in other places like I thought they would. Saying he didn't get enough lines and all that. For me, he was used perfect. He's not really the schemer, just the muscle, but over time that'll change.

And I think it's safe to say that Evans owns the role. He's Cap.
I think he was fine as well. Don't see why he would need to talk much. Out of the 9 movies released thus far I can't decide if this ranks in 3rd or 4th for me.

BTW, wife and I both noticed, when Black Widow was in the helicopter with Fury, her zipper was down around her knees for some reason.

Not a complaint, just an observation, that I enjoyed.

No idea why my wife noticed it too....... :lol:
Damn I missed this. :evil:

Just came back from my second viewing :smokin

Couple things I didn't catch in my first viewing that I caught this time, particularly the Zola algorithm

The whole thing with it is that it's suppose to use your past actions as an indicator for future probability and that through that they were able to eliminate any future threat to Shield (hydra) like Stephen Strange? Did anyone also catch the guns on the 3 hellicarriers target Avengers tower? I heard probability an automatically thought of Scarlett witch, because she can alter probability. I think the Zola algorithm is the beginning of how Ultron will come to be. I also think that avengers tower will play a big role in A2 8)

I noticed. I was thinking the same when I saw that. I don't see anyway Zola isnt going to be Ultron. I also think a lot of the themes from this movie will carry over to AoU. Which makes sense if they are basing AoU off the Ultron Initiative.

i thought he was gonna be ultron as well ^^^^^^
i said a big loud "oooooooooh" in the theater when i came to that conclusion :lol:

Where does Thanos come in to play? Avengers 2 is suppose to focus on Ultron right? Is there going to be an Avengers 3?

I think she was perfect in casting. I wish she had more character development. She was definitely pretty. Not everyone needs to be drop dead gorgeous. I don't like when movies make ever girl look like supermodels

I don't think everyone has to be a supermodel, I wouldn't call Scarlet or Hayley supermodels at all. I just didn't find Emily as attractive as the other 3 chicks, that's all. Not like I'll kick her out of bed or anything, just in comparison, she'll get it last out of the 4. :lol:

Last edited:
Y'all have already delved deeper than I'm knowledgable about :lol:

Just came in to say (which I'm sure has already been stated in here)...

That the nick fury tombstone was a nice touch... Prob my fav part of the movie

should i watch the first one before watching this? somehow i skipped Capt American series.. :lol:

Where does Thanos come in to play? Avengers 2 is suppose to focus on Ultron right? Is there going to be an Avengers 3?
Avengers 3. Thanos's Phase II appearance will be limited to Guardians of the Galaxy. Multiple stories are going on here including this AoU stuff as well as the Infinity Gauntlet. The 5th and 6th infinity gems will likely be introduced in Phase III and they will top it off with a Thanos based avengers flick.

Avengers 3. Thanos's Phase II appearance will be limited to Guardians of the Galaxy. Multiple stories are going on here including this AoU stuff as well as the Infinity Gauntlet. The 5th and 6th infinity gems will likely be introduced in Phase III and they will top it off with a Thanos based avengers flick.
what is AoU

Also now that everyone has seen it. Do you guys think that "Miracle" is the name for mutants or they are just calling anyone with supernatural powers miracles. With that last line, it could go either way.

Also I hope they have a scene like this for Quick in AoU and not just motion blurs.
View media item 898642

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, that vancamp chick that played Sharon Carpenter was :smokin :wow:

When she had that gun to crossbones' head :wow:

Scarlett is insanely beautiful, and Cobie Smulders has that "hot attainable woman I met at the gym" vibe to her, been beasting over her since HIMYM. Peggy Carter was a nice surprise as well. Got kinda in my feels when she was talking to Steve. She had Alzheimer's :frown:

I agree. Van Camp is beautiful. Scarlett tho.... The red hair makes her less attractive than usual. I dont like blondes but she is one of the few exceptions who look better in blonde. Her blonde hair simply makes her unattainably beautiful. So much that I can't even take it her seriously.

A girl who looks like either van camp or smulders is not unattainable by any means.

Last edited:
I think he was fine as well. Don't see why he would need to talk much. Out of the 9 movies released thus far I can't decide if this ranks in 3rd or 4th for me.

It's honestly my favorite Marvel movie to date. I never liked Iron Man like most did in the first place, and while the Avengers was great, it was mostly great because we got to see everyone come together, and it hasn't been done before. TWS had the best plot, action, amount of humor, and shine for each main character for me. It's easily my number one. Avengers two, and idk what my third is.

Also now that everyone has seen it. Do you guys think that "Miracle" is the name for mutants or they are just calling anyone with supernatural powers miracles. With that last line, it could go either way.

Also I hope they have a scene like this for Quick in AoU and not just motion blurs.
They'll probably call them Inhumans.

I'm in that same thought pattern.

Avengers has my top spot, just because it was everyone, so unreal it really came together.
TWS and IM1 slot somewhere here.
Thor 2
Thor and Cap 1's
IM2
Hulk
IM3

Few things I forgot to mention, Cap was somethin else with that shield. They used it wonderfully, even better than Thor's hammer I think.

When that old broad started waxin in the office I was sittin there like what the **** until I realized from one of the moves that has to be BW in disguise. :lol: :pimp:
Still, gave me kind of a Russo kicking *** and taking names in Thor 2 vibe.

Back
Top Bottom