CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

I don't get why they can't just call them mutates instead of miracles or inhumans

I can't decide which movie gets the second spot behind the Avengers on my cbm list, TWS or IM1.

Last edited:
avengers > winter soldier > iron man

imo of course

and i only put Avengers first...well because its the avengers lol...but its close

It's very close. TWS had a very grown up feel and could've been a very good spy movie even without Captain America in it. IM1 wasn't as complex a movie but it was funnier and is probably the best origin film for a superhero.

Is there a pic or vid yet of the scene where the carries were targeting what they considered a "threat"? I know I saw Starks/Avengers Tower but I am curious to see what other names and locations that were targeted. It went by too fast for me to see any easter eggs in that scene.

The President was another

As far as quality goes, it has to go to this film. Overall enjoyment though, the Avengers may edge out because there was so much hype and excitement over it that will never again be replicated. No matter how well the Justice League will do, it won't have the same impact as the Avengers did.

Batman Begins was my personal favorite of the dark Knight trilogy but as far as my overall hierarchy, I take Iron Man 1. I like my movies a little more light hearted and humorous. Just personal preference.

Now that I think about it, I do have one small complaint for the film. At times, the visuals were a bit sketchy.

Last edited:
Only problem I had with the CGI was wtih Winter Soldiers arm in close ups when they were outside. The sun seriously made his arm look more like mercury than solid metal to me. Not something worthy of a complaint, but I did notice.

I didn't like the shakey cam thing either but tbh, that's just nit picking now. The movie was pretty flawless. I would've liked more humor to break up the drama and suspense but that's probably nit picking too.

Just saw the movie.

Not that great imho. Still a decent movie but this movie is just like Cap's comics and storyline....kinda bland for me.

I don't get why they can't just call them mutates instead of miracles or inhumans

I can't decide which movie gets the second spot behind the Avengers on my cbm list, TWS or IM1.
Cuz Marvel apparantly dint have a lawyer when they made these deals. Don't know how they could've made deals that shafted them so much on their own property :smh:

Last edited:
My main problem with IM1 (and most marvel films) is the forced humor. Little inside jokes here and there are cool, but they wear there welcome quick IMO. The lack of a major villain till what seems to be the end of the movie was a let down too.

My one major complaint with BB is how scarecrow was beat...... I mean talk about weak. Everything else was good for me

Na I mean I get why they can't be called mutants but I'm sure using mutates is an acceptable substitute to get around the legal issues.

Were there people in y'all audience that were laughing at things that weren't intended as jokes? Because it seemed like some of the things people were laughing at wasn't supposed to be funny.

My audience didn't have a sense of humor lol. There was no one laughing at the stuff intended to be jokes

I guess I am the only one who thinks Stane was an excellent villain and his henchmen and hired terrorist did a good enough job until his reveal as the villain. I'd put Stane up there as third best villain in the Marvel Universe so far behind Loki and WS

Na I mean I get why they can't be called mutants but I'm sure using mutates is an acceptable substitute to get around the legal issues.

I feel like that is close enough were they will run into legal issues

Last edited:
I just didn't care for IM1 as much after Stark got out the desert.

Shane did a good job but I don't think anyone is going to think of TWS and think of him, like the way people think of Loki when they think of the Avengers.

Shane did a good job but I don't think anyone is going to think of TWS and think of him, like the way people think of Loki when they think of the Avengers.

I know in gonna sound like a negative Nancy but Loki in the avengers was a cop out IMO. What "Loki like" did he do? The villain could of pretty much been anyone.

Back
Top Bottom