CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

Can't wait.but it'll be Saturday for me in the afternoon.Cant stand a packed theater.

The first one was the best origin story imo. They just didn't use the Red Skull right imo.

Yeah...they didn't really use Red Skull right or any of the bad guys at all, except that dude with the tooth...and they kinda wasted Howard Stark...and Bucky..and Cap's whole crew...and the movie kinda had no real momentum or stakes to it all...I mean, it took an hr and a half to get to the action which eneded up being weak and corny or getting montaged ...and if you compared it to The Rocketeer, it kinda doesn't have any signature style, just prod. value.

I think Marvel got a little unlucky with Cap. Cuz Cap had a potent as hell story and backdrop with WWII and they could've made the greatest Phase 1 movie. They had no restraints and no need to set up any Avengers at all. And they brought it creatively. Like Feige put the story, the cast and the sets together to make something awesome. And they were deadon with what they wanted it to be...The Rocketeer. That flick was a cable classic, and basically Captain America in the 40s with a jetpack. And when they heard the dude who directed it just put on to make a $100M Wolfman movie...they musta thought...oh, he ain't washed up, he'll be perfect!

Wolfman came out when they were already in production. It was awful. Johnston was washed up, and any mediocre director with that kinda team behind him coulda made the same or better movie. :smh:

Like I get why people hype the movie up...Hayley Atwell killed it (stole the damn movie). And Tommy Lee Jones and Stanley Tucci were both really good. And Chris Evans was perfect for the part. It was a good cast, consistent story and there was nothing really bad about it. So yeah. I got higher hopes for TWS. :lol:

I'm going to try and watch the first one again. For some reason I just get bored with it and end up falling asleep/turning it off.

Yeah...they didn't really use Red Skull right or any of the bad guys at all, except that dude with the tooth...and they kinda wasted Howard Stark...and Bucky..and Cap's whole crew...and the movie kinda had no real momentum or stakes to it all...I mean, it took an hr and a half to get to the action which eneded up being weak and corny or getting montaged ...and if you compared it to The Rocketeer, it kinda doesn't have any signature style, just prod. value.

I think Marvel got a little unlucky with Cap. Cuz Cap had a potent as hell story and backdrop with WWII and they could've made the greatest Phase 1 movie. They had no restraints and no need to set up any Avengers at all. And they brought it creatively. Like Feige put the story, the cast and the sets together to make something awesome. And they were deadon with what they wanted it to be...The Rocketeer. That flick was a cable classic, and basically Captain America in the 40s with a jetpack. And when they heard the dude who directed it just put on to make a $100M Wolfman movie...they musta thought...oh, he ain't washed up, he'll be perfect!

Wolfman came out when they were already in production. It was awful. Johnston was washed up, and any mediocre director with that kinda team behind him coulda made the same or better movie. :smh:

Like I get why people hype the movie up...Hayley Atwell killed it (stole the damn movie). And Tommy Lee Jones and Stanley Tucci were both really good. And Chris Evans was perfect for the part. It was a good cast, consistent story and there was nothing really bad about it. So yeah. I got higher hopes for TWS. :lol:

I don't think Bucky was wasted. I mean he had to die to set him up for this. But the Red Skull is best used as a behind the scene type villain IMO. Having him do physical things doesn't work all that well.

I don't think Bucky was wasted. I mean he had to die to set him up for this. But the Red Skull is best used as a behind the scene type villain IMO. Having him do physical things doesn't work all that well.
Oh, no I get that completely. I just mean they wasted Sebastian Stan (and Dominic Cooper). It wasn't what they did with him, it's how. It's all the missed moments and blah direction. Like when Bucky dies, it felt like nothing. You compare that to Thor 1, when Odin banishes Thor, or when Thor tries to tell Loki to stop... It's night and day.

Oh, no I get that completely. I just mean they wasted Sebastian Stan (and Dominic Cooper). It wasn't what they did with him, it's how. It's all the missed moments and blah direction. Like when Bucky dies, it felt like nothing. You compare that to Thor 1, when Odin banishes Thor, or when Thor tries to tell Loki to stop... It's night and day.

Yeah, there's no other effective way they could've it, unless they made another film in the 40's. But eh, Bucky will get his time to shine.

Is it necessary to watch the 1st one? only marvel movie i havent watched :lol:

Capt America 1>

Movie was good.

I just think part one was great.

Flacon was a good add

Is this a must for IMAX? I know my girl doesn't want to see this, and I took the day off Friday for an appointment that got canceled so I'm thinking about seeing this at the 6 dollar matinee which isn't IMAX, gonna see if the first is still on netflix and watch tonight

I just saw it and I absolutely have no words to describe how much I loved it. I'm almost tempted to just go back in and get tickets for the midnight showing :lol:

How did y'all feel about how they utilized The Winter Soldier?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom