CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

People sleep on how good the first one is and how many easter eggs are in it. Second to Iron Man it's the best origin story out of the Avengers.

All Marvel films have been good outside of IM2 & IM3, but I have to admit, even those two have their entertaining moments.

You really can't go wrong with battling mech armors well unless of course you are stupid enough to make the protagonist use the one and only defective one out of the other 20 functioning ones the whole film...

Last edited:
Yeah the first Cap is my favorite Marvel movie aside from the Avengers honestly.It had the best origin stories, and ending IMO.

the first cap was great my only gripe of the film is that most of the action sequences felt rushed and really only appeared in that montage they had of cap destroying hydras bases. also I didn't really enjoy how cap had to go down with the plane, it just didn't make sense he could have easily escaped

the first cap was great my only gripe of the film is that most of the action sequences felt rushed and really only appeared in that montage they had of cap destroying hydras bases. also I didn't really enjoy how cap had to go down with the plane, it just didn't make sense he could have easily escaped
They needed to get Cap in the ice somehow.... seriously 
laugh.gif

unless you think this could translate on screen better:
In late April 1945, during the closing days of World War II, Captain America and Bucky try to stop the villainous Baron Zemo from destroying an experimental drone plane. Zemo launches the plane with an armed explosive on it with Rogers and Barnes in hot pursuit. The pair reach the plane just before take off. When Bucky tries to defuse the bomb, it explodes in mid-air. The young man is believed killed. Rogers is hurled into the freezing waters of the North Atlantic.

They needed to get Cap in the ice somehow.... seriously :lol:

unless you think this could translate on screen better:

In late April 1945, during the closing days of World War II, Captain America and Bucky try to stop the villainous Baron Zemo from destroying an experimental drone plane. Zemo launches the plane with an armed explosive on it with Rogers and Barnes in hot pursuit. The pair reach the plane just before take off. When Bucky tries to defuse the bomb, it explodes in mid-air. The young man is believed killed. Rogers is hurled into the freezing waters of the North Atlantic.
Cap on a nazi plane with an armed explosive by himself trying to crash it or stop the explosives and it blowing up while he's about to escape and ending up in freezing waters could translate on screen well.

AFTER CREDIT SCENE SPOILERS!!!!

"After the fall of both S.H.I.E.L.D. & HYDRA we see Baron Von Strucker (Thomas Kretschmann) in his underground lair. Loki’s scepter can be found here, as well as two special prisoners: the “twins”. These are of course Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen). Quicksilver is bouncing from one end in his cell to another while Scarlet Witch is stacking some building blocks with her mind. Watching them, Von Strucker announces “The Age of Miracles” is upon us. And with that we learn the new name for mutants in the Marvel movieverse."

As for the post-credits scene, "The Winter Soldier is visiting the Captain America exhibit in the Smithsonian museum. Here he finds the information on James Buchanan “Bucky” Barnes, his real name. It appears the Winter Soldier now knows who he really was and remembers that Captain America spoke the truth about him."

Damn. I wonder what the extend of Wanda's powers will be. Hope they don't use her for ridiculous plot conveniences.

Can't wait for anything in Marvel's current line up, except Ant-Man. I can wait for that

Last edited:
:stoneface: Spoilered it for a reason.

Some would still not want to know even the smallest detail.

AFTER CREDIT SCENE SPOILERS!!!!

"After the fall of both S.H.I.E.L.D. & HYDRA we see Baron Von Strucker (Thomas Kretschmann) in his underground lair. Loki’s scepter can be found here, as well as two special prisoners: the “twins”. These are of course Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen). Quicksilver is bouncing from one end in his cell to another while Scarlet Witch is stacking some building blocks with her mind. Watching them, Von Strucker announces “The Age of Miracles” is upon us. And with that we learn the new name for mutants in the Marvel movieverse."

As for the post-credits scene, "The Winter Soldier is visiting the Captain America exhibit in the Smithsonian museum. Here he finds the information on James Buchanan “Bucky” Barnes, his real name. It appears the Winter Soldier now knows who he really was and remembers that Captain America spoke the truth about him."
"Miracles"

**** kinda name is that?

Last edited:
Fine. I put the spoiler tags but coming into a thread like this they know to expect minor spoilers. Not like I said anything of true importance

so why didnt the article tell us the Marvel Universe word for mutants?

Last edited:
Some still want to be surprised. Even if it's been talked about, we still do not know what will actually happen in the movie.

I didn't even read the spoiler, I just copy and pasted the wall of text. :lol:

Last edited:
People who openly talk about spoilers then mock those who 'did it to themselves' are the worst :lol:

The Iron Man 3 thread :stoneface:

People who openly talk about spoilers then mock those who 'did it to themselves' are the worst :lol:

I guess I am the worst but I just dont care for people who watch trailers and complain about minor spoilers simply because it wasnt in the trailer. Especially when they spend so much time in a thread dedicated to the movie. Where's the logic in that? You practically know half the story with all the trailers released so far.

Last edited:

I guess I am the worst but I just dont care for people who watch trailers and complain about minor spoilers simply because it wasnt in the trailer. Especially when they spend so much time in a thread dedicated to the movie. Where's the logic in that? You practically know half the story with all the trailers released so far.

That isn't really true. From the trailers, never would I have thought IM3 would turn out that way, same with TDK, never would I have ever imagined the film would turn out the way it did. And I follow both threads for those movies religiously.

Up to til this point, I am still not sure how this "political thriller" Cap movie is going to turn out and still not sure where it is all going and how they will incorporate Ultron to it.

Last edited:
damn man like the spoiler tags make me want to click the spoiler tags :lol:
maybe we should start making the font black inside the spoiler tags
that way after u click it u can decide by the length of the spoiler if u want to highlight it to see the text inside of it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom