Can We Have A Serious, Mature Discussion on Abortion?

Not sure permanently relocating to another state is the only move. Wouldn’t a bus ticket to a neighboring state that allows abortion be a better option? I haven’t seen the map of which states will/have shut down clinics but there must be some options.

For the record, I’m in favor of a woman’s right to choose. I’m just saying it’s better than being forced to give birth.

I understand that. My post was in response to the idea that relocating was a viable option.

I just think the idea that people have the financial resources to just move to a new state with a higher cost of living in this housing market was an extremely out of touch take.

Women will start going overseas or to different stats to get abortions. But we all know why they repealed Roe V Wade……

Moving to another state is not an impossible feat... Ive done it 3 times. No one said you had to move to Cali. People literally make it to the US with just the clothes on their back every day, but youre telling me its impossible to move from one state to another?

you sound privilaged and out of touch. Just because you did something with ease doesnt mean everyone else can.

They want to outlaw abortion all across the country. Moving to another state may not do you any good in the long run.

If someone is going to move, I'd try to leave this piece of trash country altogether.

Moving to another state is not an impossible feat... Ive done it 3 times. No one said you had to move to Cali. People literally make it to the US with just the clothes on their back every day, but youre telling me its impossible to move from one state to another?

shoot even all the people coming up from south and central america make that trip on feet. Moving to another state or just catching a bus outta town to have an abortion shouldnt be an impossible feat. This law changes nothing.

sort of like the war on drugs you cant control what goes in and comes out of human bodies people will always find a way

People literally make it to the US with just the clothes on their back
The overwhelming majority of people who immigrate in the US do so through family; this type of immigration will not let an American sponsor an immigrant if they're on any type of social service, and the income of the sponsor must be many, many times above the poverty level.

We really need to stop thinking that most immigrants in this country are war refugees. This is just not true.

Moving to another state or just catching a bus outta town to have an abortion shouldnt be an impossible feat. This law changes nothing.
Except that this is a time sensitive issue. In CO, their latest estimate suggests that 40% of all abortions were provided to women who don't live in the state (pre-overturn). Now, the demand in blue states will explose, delays will happen, and healthcare services will be even more stressed and service will worsen for residents of blue states.

Except that this is a time sensitive issue. In CO, their latest estimate suggests that 40% of all abortions were provided to women who don't live in the state (pre-overturn). Now, the demand in blue states will explose, delays will happen, and healthcare services will be even more stressed and service will worsen for residents of blue states.

This has been mentioned and needs repeating.

A woman might find out she is pregnant after missing her first period...thats 4 weeks in. If they are used to irregular periods it could take 5-6 weeks before they actually take a test. This literally means the woman has days under some of these 6 week abortion ban laws. Days to come to a decision, and then find access to the care she needs. Whether that is a pill by mail or actually going to a clinic.

There are also women too that spot some times and its not a full period but could be mistaken for one. They may not find out they are pregnant until month number two...they would be 8 weeks pregnant before even finding out.

😔🤦🏾‍♂️
Screenshot_20220627-180448.jpg

shoot even all the people coming up from south and central america make that trip on feet. Moving to another state or just catching a bus outta town to have an abortion shouldnt be an impossible feat. This law changes nothing.

sort of like the war on drugs you cant control what goes in and comes out of human bodies people will always find a way
I just popped in here, don't know the whole convo, but seeing yall example for moving being easy being a trek on feet from South America has me dying :rofl:

Terrible takes the last couple of pages. Good grief.

“Just move”. Imagine this being the answer to a woman wanting an abortion. In the year 2022. Good luck finding a home in this current market.

“Get a bus ticket”. Sounds easy enough, but who is paying for that? What about time off from work? What about lodging in the destination state? What about the added cost of food since your abortion procedure will now have to require days of your time?

The majority of women seeking abortions come from a lower socioeconomic group. So throwing in all the added costs that come with going out of state just adds to that monetary burden.

But hey, slaughterx slaughterx successfully moved between states many times, so anyone can easily do it. What a clown *** take that is. :lol: :smh:

good point

I just popped in here, don't know the whole convo, but seeing yall example for moving being easy being a trek on feet from South America has me dying :rofl:

true i see how that could be made to sound easy :lol: all i was trying to say is if some people can make it here on feet, than getting transport to the next state shouldnt be impossible some people making it sound like there is no way when people always find a way to get by.

This has been mentioned and needs repeating.

A woman might find out she is pregnant after missing her first period...thats 4 weeks in. If they are used to irregular periods it could take 5-6 weeks before they actually take a test. This literally means the woman has days under some of these 6 week abortion ban laws. Days to come to a decision, and then find access to the care she needs. Whether that is a pill by mail or actually going to a clinic.

There are also women too that spot some times and its not a full period but could be mistaken for one. They may not find out they are pregnant until month number two...they would be 8 weeks pregnant before even finding out.

sounds like you need to be more proactive now before and after sex and take that test dont me waiting around for a period to show up especially when you out here raw dogging multiple people. Plus these woman nowadays have an app to track when they are fertile

“Get a bus ticket”. Sounds easy enough, but who is paying for that? What about time off from work? What about lodging in the destination state? What about the added cost of food since your abortion procedure will now have to require days of your time?

what is easier to you raising a child for the next 18 years, or to find a way to come up with some money to get to the next state for an abortion? You listed all the things that need to be paid for when looking for an abortion but the list is alot longer to raise that child

Last edited:
what is easier to you raising a child for the next 18 years, or to find a way to come up with some money to get to the next state for an abortion? You listed all the things that need to be paid for when looking for an abortion but the list is alot longer to raise that child
I was thinking the same. Plus, you figure the father would be the one to pay for all those expenses related to the abortion, still cheaper than paying a child’s way through life. Food, diapers, clothing, toys..etc.

No **** the list is longer lol. Did you think you were revealing something profound with that statement? I’d imagine that’s the entire basis for many women—they can’t afford to raise a child. Which is why they shouldn’t have to jump through MORE financial hoops for abortion access.

Basically you’re punishing someone for getting pregnant. Why make an already hard decision even more difficult for women? What’s the point? What does it accomplish?

No **** the list is longer lol. Did you think you were revealing something profound with that statement? I’d imagine that’s the entire basis for many women—they can’t afford to raise a child. Which is why they shouldn’t have to jump through MORE financial hoops for abortion access.

Basically you’re punishing someone for getting pregnant. Why make an already hard decision even more difficult for women? What’s the point? What does it accomplish?

did you think you were revealing something profound stating what people would have to do to get an abortion in another state?

but idk what they are trying to accomplish with this just seems like a big experiment to see how this goes they let it rock for 50 years or so now they want to see what happens to society without it. This was the doing of Trump and Mitch putting all those pro life justices in the supreme court

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. Plus, you figure the father would be the one to pay for all those expenses related to the abortion, still cheaper than paying a child’s way through life. Food, diapers, clothing, toys..etc.

right they make it seem like the woman is on her own once she gets pregnant and if she out here getting pregnant by a broke bum who cant help than thats another discussion

right they make it seem like the woman is on her own once she gets pregnant and if she out here getting pregnant by a broke bum who cant help than thats another discussion

I agree. There’s no way a man should be able to skate from that problem. He must pay since he was a willing participant in the act. I don’t care if he has to take a 2nd or 3rd job or sell his car. Can’t leave a woman to take this on by herself financially. What they go through emotionally is bad enough.

But all of these scenarios are what ifs...
Well she shouldn't be raw doggin with a broke dude
Well you shouldn't be accidentally breaking condoms with some girl
Well that girl shouldn't ghost you after you hook up and not tell you she is late and try to make you be a dad
Well you should move
Well you should own a car so when you knock a girl up you can drive her to another state where abortion is legal

All of this is true but not reality. There will still be a 17 year old girl that is scared and makes a mistake and is ashamed to tell anyone and will try to abort the child her self because she doesn't have access to a safe abortion. There will still be the parent that carries the kid to term even though she doesn't want it and puts the baby in a dumpster because she couldn't find the means to getting an abortion. And yes you can say "well she should......." to every single scenario but it won't stop reality. Give women the option to choose what to do with their bodies.

and the women at the rally with "Not Yet a Human" written on her stomach could be Jewish. The majority of Jewish texts preach that life doesn't' begin until birth. It is not followed by the letter of the law a lot like the old testament for obvious reasons but there are Jewish people that believe it to be Jewish Law.

Back
Top Bottom