Can We Have A Serious, Mature Discussion on Abortion?

If she's 38 weeks, there could be health complications involved. People don't carry that long then decide to get an abortion, and a facility may deny them the service.
highly unlikely. typical of health complications involved are already determined or pre-determined way earlier and as early as the first trimester. as far as abortion goes, there are incidents that occur that doctors or scan technicians don't disclose the gender of the fetus as it was a practice of certain ethnicities to abort fetuses of not their gender choice.

‘Fun’ fact:
30 years before abortion became legal in Belgium, our government and justice department covertly added an exception.
Pregnant white women returning from our colonization of Congo were secretly allowed to get abortions because a partially black child was seen as worse than allowing an abortion.
This wasn’t known until newly discovered documents were reported this week. Hardly surprising though given our history.

Some hospitals in Texas have reportedly refused to treat patients with major pregnancy complications for fear of violating the state’s abortion ban, the Texas Medical Association said in a letter this week.

The association did not name the hospitals but said it’s received complaints that hospitals, administrators and their attorneys may be prohibiting doctors from providing medically appropriate care in some situations, The Dallas Morning News reported.

Texas law bans most abortions after about six weeks of a pregnancy. A total ban — that includes an exemptions if a woman’s life or health is danger — will take effect in the coming weeks following last month’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade.

The letter, sent Wednesday to the Texas Medical Board, cited several examples in which medical care was delayed.

In one case, a central Texas hospital reportedly told a physician not to treat an ectopic pregnancy until it ruptured, the letter said. An ectopic pregnancy, which occurs when a fertilized egg attached outside of the uterus, is not viable.

Lol, I would have stole them fo sho, take me to court so I could explain to the judge how I didn't want to end up in a situation where I couldn't have an abortion or catch an STD, pretty sure that **** would get thrown out instantly. Regardless dem cheeks were getting clapped that night so ygdwyd.

I think you have it backwards... but this is a stupid "solution" that will only end up hurting the kids. How about making it easier for responsible fathers to get custody of children they obviously want. Deadbeats should still pay.

Back
Top Bottom