Can We Have A Serious, Mature Discussion on Abortion?

the hypocrisy is unbelievable.
You need to look into the legal concept of personhood and the implications of conferring this status to embryos. Your logic makes IVF much more expensive and more difficult, and because discarded, un-implanted embryos become dead persons (according to your logic), the lab worker potentially becomes a murderer.
:rofl:
But if you murder her you get double homicide
Just like killing in self-defense doesn't make you a murderer under the law.

Legal exceptions exist...

You need to look into the legal concept of personhood and the implications of conferring this status to embryos. Your logic makes IVF much more expensive and more difficult, and because discarded, un-implanted embryos become dead persons (according to your logic), the lab worker potentially becomes a murderer.
those are your words, not mine. so it's your logic.

😔🤦🏾‍♂️
Screenshot_20220627-180448.jpg

🤦🏾‍♂️ jeeze

People love to make arguments that will persuade absolutely nobody
and push possible allies away.

My biggest and really only gripe with abortion is STI, I think people would have less unprotected sex if they knew they had a shorter window period to get an abortion.

We can seat here and play rain dear games all we want but we all know MAJORITY of these pregnancies' come from unprotected sex.
The HIV rates in Florida are astounding

We need to eradicate HIV, My heart breaks every time I think about Ryan White not being alive because people couldn't wrap it up.

I dont care about the child/fetus, I envy them for not having to come to this ghetto earth( though if they can feel it that would be really sad) Though I think they can feel pain I know they dont know they are being aborted.

I dont care about the mother we all know how to not get pregnant( obviously , rape medical etc doesn't apply)

We need to evolve as a people. back in the day a woman hell even a man could not go and pick up condoms, they are everywhere now. Birth control, plan b etc

We need to be more responsible.

Some of these takes reek of people who are either: Misinformed, unaware, or simply do not care.

This thread can very well rival the takes you see in the NBA Threads over in S&T.

What does the pic look like at 15 weeks?
are we really defining someone as a person for what they look like or what they would look like to justify their being? how different is that for treating someone with racial prejudice or looking at someone as if they were freaks like people that have Downs' syndrome?

This isn't even about Roe v. Wade, no government should be able to FORCE anyone to have a baby they don't want.
This isn't even about Roe v. Wade, no government should be able to FORCE anyone to have a baby they don't want.

Wild group chat convo shared with me by someone yesterday.

Group chat is about 11 Black Women that MET in CHarlotte (teaching) that have later moved to other cities.

"North Carolina’s post-viability abortion restriction states that no abortion may be provided after 20 weeks of pregnancy unless there is a "substantial risk" that continuance of the pregnancy would threaten the woman’s life or "gravely impair" her health. N.C. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 14-45.1(b) (Enacted 1967; Last Amended 1997)."

Woman 1: (Attorney) : "If any of you know a woman out of state that needs an abortion please send them in my direction. I know some people that could help them out."
Woman 2: "I know someone that is about 38-weeks that needs an abortion. I will pass along your message."
Woman 3: (Talking to Woman 2): "I know a few families that would be willing to adopt that child, please pass along my message."

I (and the person (Woman 3) that shared it with me) just found this to be an interesting conversation.

some people just have twisted mindset.

But again, I think it is possible to view it as murder while also feeling that the government shouldn't control a women's right.

I think people believe a person is unable to subscribe to them both at the same time.

But again, I think it is possible to view it as murder while also feeling that the government shouldn't control a women's right.

I think people believe a person is unable to subscribe to them both at the same time.
so where does that belief emanate from or justfication comes from? our laws have been fashioned by societal norms or moral standards and from what I could tell is existing practice of that period. the problem nowadays as far as arguments are concerned is that people are now allowed to form their own facts/truths no matter how ridiculous they could come. people are misusing certain amendment rights to counter or negate the other amendments rather than reinforce the others. the problem is questioning these laws inorder to serve one's own purpose. the enforcement of this rights as it is, is the reason why we get order. considering the recent events that happened particular yesterday, I won't be surprised if that mass murderer would use his 2th amendment rights to justify his actions. like I said, twisted.

re: It being murder

I assume it's just people don't want to acknowledge it as that.
Completely understandable but that doesn't make it any more/less what it is.

I agree with you when it comes to FACTS and TRUTHS being so negotiable these days.

It is what it is man. The pendulum always shifts back.

Less than 1% of abortions occur after 21 weeks.

If she's 38 weeks, there could be health complications involved. People don't carry that long then decide to get an abortion, and a facility may deny them the service.

But call her a murderer, sure.

Back
Top Bottom