Can We Have A Serious, Mature Discussion on Abortion?

Gonna read this article later interested to see what they claim a "detectable HUMAN heartbeat" is

the word human is very grey....there are clusters of cells that fire electrical signals that doctors say is the fetal heartbeat at early stages in a pregnancy (6 ish weeks). But the cluster of cells does not turn into a true heart (4 chambered heart that a human needs to live) until 17-20 ish weeks.

Also i wonder if you have a miscarriage at any point during the year can you get the full years tax benefit for the "dependent" Technically you were carrying an embryo in the tax year...soooo....id assume yes?

^In a landslide, in a deep red state

The GOP miscalculated in Kansas with the open ended amendment that made it easy to imagine the absolute worst was intended. A reaction against the extremism

Indicative of what John Roberts was trying to tell conservatives on the Supreme Court about the effectiveness of chipping away by allowing greater restrictions over time, rather than a sudden removal of a right that has existed for 50 years

The messaging around the abortion issue needs to be an anti-extremism message that hangs all the worst GOP demands on every GOP candidate

There is no such thing as a heartbeat at six weeks,” Abrams claimed during an event at the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center in Atlanta on Tuesday. “It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men have the right to take control of a woman’s body.”

Stacey Abrams Claims Six-Week Fetal Heartbeats ‘Manufactured’ to Help Men Control Women https://news.yahoo.com/stacey-abrams-claims-fetal-heartbeats-152143154.html

Gonna read this article later interested to see what they claim a "detectable HUMAN heartbeat" is

the word human is very grey....there are clusters of cells that fire electrical signals that doctors say is the fetal heartbeat at early stages in a pregnancy (6 ish weeks). But the cluster of cells does not turn into a true heart (4 chambered heart that a human needs to live) until 17-20 ish weeks.

Also i wonder if you have a miscarriage at any point during the year can you get the full years tax benefit for the "dependent" Technically you were carrying an embryo in the tax year...soooo....id assume yes?
what do you mean by very grey? it's not like the person is carrying someone that would turn up as something else?

There is no such thing as a heartbeat at six weeks,” Abrams claimed during an event at the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center in Atlanta on Tuesday. “It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men have the right to take control of a woman’s body.”

Stacey Abrams Claims Six-Week Fetal Heartbeats ‘Manufactured’ to Help Men Control Women https://news.yahoo.com/stacey-abrams-claims-fetal-heartbeats-152143154.html

She's 100% correct. The doctors are only "lying" because state laws force them to

Also Stacey Abrams...

"Where all the Black Men's votes at?" :lol:

“I believe that abortion is a medical decision, not a political decision,” she replied. “Arbitrary politically-defined timelines are deeply problematic because they ignore the reality of medical and physiological issues.
Yet the article goes on to quote a doctor who says the heart “does begin to develop at around six weeks” but argues that “at this point the heart as we know it does not yet exist.”

This is all that needs to be said.

Once again, we know what a caterpillar is supposed to become; however, can we call it a butterfly when it hasn't completed its transformation?

what do you mean by very grey? it's not like the person is carrying someone that would turn up as something else?

I just mean basically what has been said in this thread already. When is a fetus a human? Same argument of when is the heart...a heart. A cluster of cell's is not a heart...it will become a heart...but isn't yet so it is not yet "a heart".

Same with a human. Is an embryo a human? Is a zygote a human. Some people may think it is...i do not

The heartbeat thing is a red herring when it comes to public views on abortion.

“It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men have the right to take control of a woman’s body.”

The numbers don't lie:

Views on abortion by gender, 2022​

Majorities of both men and women express support for legal abortion, though women are somewhat more likely than men to hold this view (63% vs. 58%).

Views on abortion by race and ethnicity, 2022​

Majorities of adults across racial and ethnic groups express support for legal abortion. About three-quarters of Asian (74%) and two-thirds of Black adults (68%) say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, as do 60% of Hispanic adults and 59% of White adults.

Framing this debate as "da patriarchy" when women have had the right to vote for 103 years aint the best way to garner men's votes - especially Black men.

What Patriarchy actually is:

1. a system of society or government in which the father or eldest male is head of the family and descent is traced through the male line.
    "the thematic relationships of the ballad are worked out according to the conventional archetypes of the patriarchy"
    • a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it.
      "the dominant ideology of patriarchy"
    • a society or community organized on patriarchal lines.
      plural noun: patriarchies
      "we live in a patriarchy"
A more accurate / less feminist statement:

“It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men Republicans have the right to take control of a woman’s body.”

Last edited:
All that to say this?

Good grief :lol:

giphy.gif

:lol:

I kinda feel like “controlling women’s bodies” was a bad talking point. Activist should’ve just stuck to objective reasons why an abortion can be necessary.

We understood her just fine

TX.JPG

Feel free to do the other backwards state legislatures if you want

Bruh!

How you gonna say "feel free" with a whole Niketalk Post Police uniform on?

Mans trying to pull me over for a word count violation :lol:

Everything aint gotta be contentious my G.

I just mean basically what has been said in this thread already. When is a fetus a human? Same argument of when is the heart...a heart. A cluster of cell's is not a heart...it will become a heart...but isn't yet so it is not yet "a heart".

Same with a human. Is an embryo a human? Is a zygote a human. Some people may think it is...i do not
it is rather a point of "becoming human" and the fact that it is already a living organism. because if we are going to debate and base it on science, a human person isn't really develop until a certain age. the only justification that people use is that as long as the "developing/becoming human" is inside their bodies, they have every right to do what they want with it or denied it's being til it is outside the body. regardless of that is if the living being is inside the body or not, it is still dependent on the parent inorder to mature enough to survive. babies are not self-reliant once they are born.

as far as the discussion of "my body, my sole right" . while one is a designated carrier, does it really justify or eliminate the involvement of the male party because of that? because the conception part of it involves two people. I would have probably only agree with regards to "my body, my sole right", if there was no other party involved in such conception.

Bruh!

How you gonna say "feel free" with a whole Niketalk Post Police uniform on?

Mans trying to pull me over for a word count violation :lol:

Everything aint gotta be contentious my G.

It's wasn't the word count. I just think it's absurd you're taking issue with her using the word "men" instead of "Republicans". Like there was any confusion as to what she meant

Of course the women who vote R share some of the blame but women are overwhelmingly not the ones in political offices passing the laws banning abortions

It's wasn't the word count. I just think it's absurd you're taking issue with her using the word "men" instead of "Republicans". Like there was any confusion as to what she meant

Of course the women who vote R share some of the blame but women are overwhelmingly not the ones in political offices passing the laws banning abortions

Absurd?

Word???

Is her opposition "men" or Republicans?

What's "absurd" in my mind is needlessly bashing "men" when you need them to vote for you.

Trailing Kemp in Georgia, Stacey Abrams Struggles for Support of Black Men​

Is her opposition "men" or Republicans?

What's "absurd" in my mind is needlessly bashing "men" when you need them to vote for you.

Her comment was not made in a vacuum but in the current political landscape

I didn't feel "needlessly bashed" because I don't vote for/enable Republicans

I agree that it's never a bad time to call them out specifically

But again... who else could she be referring to :lol:

Her comment was not made in a vacuum but in the current political landscape

I didn't feel "needlessly bashed" because I don't vote for/enable Republicans

I agree that it's never a bad time to call them out specifically

But again... who else could she be referring to :lol:

She said what she said.

Absolutely no reason not to call her out on her own words.

How you gonna hold me to a higher standard on my Niketalk posts than Stacy Abrams in her political speech / rhetoric :lol:

Our personal feelings aside - She's a professional politician and knows exactly what she is saying and who she's appealing to when she says it.

Seems to me like "they" are looking for a scapegoat if she looses.

"Black Men didn't show up to vote for me"

Also,

"If they did, I still wouldn't do a damn thing for them specifically"

Her "Black Men's Agenda" is a joke so you're right about the vacuum thing.

Her objective should be to win the political race against Republicans (especially when abortion is on the table) by appealing to her actual base not win a cultural race against "da Patriarchy" thinking Republican women are going to cross over because of abortion.

While we goofing off with this fake gender war BS, the Supreme Court is moving further and further to the right.

Anyway, I know this aint the political thread so I wont derail further.

Last edited:

To kill something, it must be alive 1st. Heartbeat or not.

The heartbeat thing is a red herring when it comes to public views on abortion.

“It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men have the right to take control of a woman’s body.”

The numbers don't lie:

Views on abortion by gender, 2022​

Majorities of both men and women express support for legal abortion, though women are somewhat more likely than men to hold this view (63% vs. 58%).

Views on abortion by race and ethnicity, 2022​

Majorities of adults across racial and ethnic groups express support for legal abortion. About three-quarters of Asian (74%) and two-thirds of Black adults (68%) say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, as do 60% of Hispanic adults and 59% of White adults.

Framing this debate as "da patriarchy" when women have had the right to vote for 103 years aint the best way to garner men's votes - especially Black men.

What Patriarchy actually is:

1. a system of society or government in which the father or eldest male is head of the family and descent is traced through the male line.
    "the thematic relationships of the ballad are worked out according to the conventional archetypes of the patriarchy"
    • a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it.
      "the dominant ideology of patriarchy"
    • a society or community organized on patriarchal lines.
      plural noun: patriarchies
      "we live in a patriarchy"
A more accurate / less feminist statement:

“It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men Republicans have the right to take control of a woman’s body.”

I dont think ive ever seen a grown man so afraid of the word feminism.

Back
Top Bottom