Bulls offseason Thread

Thursday, April 11, 2013
Bulls likely to wait till 2014 for Mirotic
By Staff

Nikola Mirotic has drawn some favorable comparisons to other foreign-born NBA stars.
Chicago Bulls fans eager for Nikola Mirotic to join the team that drafted him with the 24th pick in 2011 will likely have to wait until the summer of 2014, general manager Gar Forman explained.

"You're slotted in the first round, and I think the slot for No. 24 is $1.3 or $1.4 million," Forman said Thursday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "Well, he makes a lot more money than that right now over at Real Madrid. So the way the CBA is written is after three years then you're no longer slotted. Then you can use whether it's exception room or cap room in order to pay a guy.

"So there's no possibility this summer because next year will be his third year. But after next year, the summer of 2014, then we'll be able to start some negotiations as far as a buyout possibly with Real Madrid or negotiate with him to come over here."

The 6-10 forward has been compared to Dirk Nowitzki and Danilo Gallinari.

"He reminds me of Dirk and a little bit of Gallo, just a little bit," said Memphis center Zach Randolph, who played against Mirotic in an exhibition game. "But I can see the Dirk comparisons. I can see why, definitely."

Some thought Mirotic could play small forward, but Forman said he'll be a power forward.

"We're really, really excited about him," Forman said. "We built a relationship with him, we're in constant communication. John (Paxson) and I went up and saw him this fall when he played at Memphis and at Toronto in a couple NBA exhibitions, and we think the ceiling there is incredible.

"He's probably a four, but he's very, very skilled. He shoots it from 3, can handle it, good mobility. And he's a tough, tough kid."

Forman said Mirotic is about to win the Euroleague's Rising Star Award for the third time.

"Nobody has ever won it more than once, and some of the guys who have won it are the foreign guys who have come over, Rudy Fernandez, Nowitzki, Toni Kukoc and all those guys won it," he said. "He's going to win it for a third time, which is impressive."

here goes another comeback...gotta get that clean sweep

good sign that rose is out to be seen tonight? The return last game of season vs John Wall and the wizards?? or first round???

First MIA and now the Knicks! Don't come in our building with your BS win streaks! We ain't tryin to hear dat in the MadHouse on Madison!! :smokin

Last edited:
Knick fans talkin trash. guess they forgot we played without Rose, Gibson, or Noah. ...clowns

not bad

Knick fans talkin trash. guess they forgot we played without Rose, Gibson, or Noah. ...clowns

Martin, Chandler, Wallace, STAT, Camby...all out. Copeland at center is a bad situation for us. The Bulls played a great 2nd half and Bulter and Nate had the games of their lives. It happens in professional sports.

Nice win by the Bulls though. Knicks fans know we don't match up well against the Bulls. Plain and simple. They're the only team in the league we haven't beaten.

Good game though. Hope Nate and Butler show up for you guys against Miami in the second round. You guys will need it.

Hell of a win. :pimp:

**** I REALLY wanna see Rose and Nate play together.

Don't get your hopes up. Nate is VERY inconsistent. 2-3 teams in the NBA will agree with that. He played a Hell of a game tonight though.

Last edited:
My guy True3Blue flew in from BK to come to the game with me & TheTim11...

Somehow we ended up in a section with at least 15 NYK fans who were going crazy, it was a great atmosphere & win... We were trolling them crazy doing the 3 to the head and the discount double check when Nate got it off. Felt good to see them somber as hell live in the flesh :lol: :pimp:

Now I have to return the favor and go chop it up with him in the Garden when the Bulls play there next year. :pimp:

I wished I was there for the first three quarters, then I was glad I wasn't in the 4th. Thank you for sending my boy home alive.

Oh... That's a fellow Dre... he's GOOD.... Now Wunmic on the other hand... might dropped his *** off on 63rd and Normal.

So here is a new idea on the Rosé Return. Someone told me that the teams insurance will not pay his salary for the year if he plays this season. Don't know if playoffs count.

^ I thought about/said that back in feband no one listened, everyone was too busy harping on him being scared and whatnot but I think I read something about there being a deadline in which you had to file with them... but I can't find that now.

I must have missed that Cake. My cousin also said he heard it on waddle and silvy. So maybe all that practice leaks and pre game workouts was to show us that he is ready. Maybe that's why reisendorf came out early saying he would hold him out. Trying to save some money

if nate doesnt have a guaranteed contract i guarantee he will cook us everytime we see him afterwards... gotta have mr excitement & rose together

if nate doesnt have a guaranteed contract i guarantee he will cook us everytime we see him afterwards... gotta have mr excitement & rose together

You see the way he does the knicks... EVERY TIME. Would hate to be on the receiving end of that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom