Bulls offseason Thread

Put it like this... Lord willing Pooh is healthy and back at a level he was prior to his 1st injury....

You add Melo to the mix and a guard is forced to guard Pooh in that final quarter instead of Paul George or LeBron... You tell me what that does to our chances?

you realize if we had a actual scoring threat we would have 10 more W's min right now right

Would those 10 or more Ws translate into a title. The comment was based on winning a title, and as I said before I whole-heartedly agree we need scoring

So you rather keep losing to the Heat and probably Indy along with the rest of the top 3 in the West because we can't score? We don't have the pieces on the team to get over the hump, why is that so hard for some to understand? We haven't been to the Finals since 1998, aren't you guys concerned about that? For a franchise this successful, that's not a good look.

you realize if we had a actual scoring threat we would have 10 more W's min right now right

Would those 10 or more Ws translate into a title. The comment was based on winning a title, and as I said before I whole-heartedly agree we need scoring

higher seed = playing a lower seed in the offs which = increasing our chances to advance

advancing with a scorer increases our chances to ADVANCE FURTHER(conf finals..finals) because it can cut these 4-5 minute DROUGHTS where we normally get ran out the building because we can score **** into 3-5 minutes of expanding our lead

like cmon
i KNOW im not the only person watching these games(hell even playing with the squad on ps4 the droughts are there & REAL as hell :lol: )

Last edited:
I'll say this once again, we do not need to move Taj if Melo is willing to accept a little over 18 million. All we have to do is cut Boozer, trade MDJ, and not bring Kirk back.

So you rather keep losing to the Heat and probably Indy along with the rest of the top 3 in the West because we can't score? We don't have the pieces on the team to get over the hump, why is that so hard for some to understand? We haven't been to the Finals since 1998, aren't you guys concerned about that? For a franchise this successful, that's not a good look.

and why cant ppl realize that you want melo to fit more than he does, and dude was right I love Tmac and Ai but thats what melo is becoming and there isnt a pretty ending to that story. No one is saying there isnt a piece missing. Its like if we say we not feeling melo then the assumption is we dont want change we dont want to win what kind of crap is that.

Dudes sound like they more in love with the fantasy of melo, and assuming he gonna come here and change even though in 11 years he hasnt. Bring melo in trade taj and dunleavy, and amnesty boozer, then when we cant sign a pf or other role players, and the defense aint the same, ill be waiting for the blame then.

Saying this whole Melo isn't the right fit ***** on Thibs ability to coach too, btw.

You're basically saying you don't have faith that Thibs will be able get him to buy in and get the best out of him.

Saying this whole Melo isn't the right fit ***** on Thibs ability to coach too, btw.

You're basically saying you don't have faith that Thibs will be able get him to buy in and get the best out of him.

brewer, jliii,korver,marco,nate,even mike james to an extent

blood out of a turnip i tells ya

"To sign Anthony, the Bulls would have to use its amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer. By removing Boozer's $16.8 million from their cap figure, they will have roughly $15 million to offer Anthony next season. If the Bulls can trade Mike Dunleavy and his $3 million salary, they could start Anthony's deal at about $18 million."

We can also go the sign and trade route to get him if the Knicks are willing to take Boozer for a year plus our 3 picks. I doubt they would but its an option if they dont want to lose him for nothing in return.

There are ways around it to make it happen. It all comes down to how much money Melo wants.

If some of you guys were saying "I want Melo but I don't want to gut the team" Neither do I so I'm ok with that. But to say you don't want him at all is foolish.

Last edited:

nope im not but I expect those usual assumptions from you, Im saying I dont believe melo would listen to anyone

yep gotta love yall on here you just compared that group to the diva/superstar melo, thats when I just exit and say you got it. We gonna agree to disagree

Remember how Nate was supposed to be an afterthought and total misfit? Sure, he was a one-year wonder and probably doesn't have the ego that Melo has. If I had a choice, I'd put my confidence behind Thibs' ability to mold players into what fits his system. But seriously, who's the available alternative to target that addresses the lack of scoring? Durant two years from now?

I'm not sold on Kevin Love as the missing piece. If he comes, Taj may either have to be included in the trade package or his minutes will be greatly reduced. Melo and Love's defensive prowess are probably at the same level.

The same people talking this we can't get rid of Taj are the same people who didn't want to move Luol for Melo a couple of years ago.

"We can't move Luol, he's the heart of the team"

Same players aren't thinking twice about him now. You can find another Taj Gibson in the draft... You don't find walking 30's just laying around.

nope im not but I expect those usual assumptions from you, Im saying I dont believe melo would listen to anyone

yep gotta love yall on here you just compared that group to the diva/superstar melo, thats when I just exit and say you got it. We gonna agree to disagree

NO NO NO NO i didnt (if you dont wannt go back & forth i understand but dont make it something i never said to back out of it)

i said thibs squeezes blood out of a turnip aka guys almost nobody else wanted or were one dimensional & thibs had them playing good & both sides of the ball... were are all those guys now(beside KK & marco... & FTR both are playing less than they did with chi & of course korver is winning a lot less in ATL)

so what would happen if thibs had grapefruits to squeeze besides his own ?

Last edited:
Put it like this... Lord willing Pooh is healthy and back at a level he was prior to his 1st injury....

You add Melo to the mix and a guard is forced to guard Pooh in that final quarter instead of Paul George or LeBron... You tell me what that does to our chances?

Ding Ding...

Neither Guard on those squads would be able
To stick pooh. And I'm of the assumption he comes back fine and ready.

The same people talking this we can't get rid of Taj are the same people who didn't want to move Luol for Melo a couple of years ago.

"We can't move Luol, he's the heart of the team"

Same players aren't thinking twice about him now. You can find another Taj Gibson in the draft... You don't find walking 30's just laying around.

Exactly. It's like dudes are cool with not being able to get past Miami and now Indy. I love Taj but I'm at the point were he's replaceable if need be.

I'm also not sold on KLove being a difference maker either. Adding him still puts too much pressure on Rose and doesn't solve our issue with finding a player who can create their own shot.

NO NO NO NO i didnt

i said thibs squeezes blood out of a turnip aka guys almost nobody else wanted or were one dimensional & thibs had them playing good & both sides of the ball... were are all those guys now(beside KK & marco... & FTR both are playing less than they did with chi & of course korver is winning a lot less in ATL)

Another thing I think yall missing I would truly love for you to be right god knows im tired of losing and not getting close. I think other than pops Thibs is easily the best coach in the league, but you also cant blame me for having my doubts on melo ability to adapt and change, I think that man is too far gone

NO NO NO NO i didnt

Another thing I think yall missing I would truly love for you to be right god knows im tired of losing and not getting close. I think other than pops Thibs is easily the best coach in the league, but you also cant blame me for having my doubts on melo ability to adapt and change, I think that man is too far gone

Now youre sounding more reasonable :lol: . I can understand having doubts, but I think Melo is at the point where he's tired of seeing his homies hold up them trophies. If he comes here he's going to buy into our system, it's a different atmosphere from what he's accustomed too.

Now youre sounding more reasonable :lol: . I can understand having doubts, but I think Melo is at the point where he's tired of seeing his homies hold up them trophies. If he comes here he's going to buy into our system, it's a different atmosphere from what he's accustomed too.

So i ask you this if melo snubs us and resigns for the max with knicks or a lesser team, will you then agree he everything I been saying he is

No I would say that man has a family and I don't know his financial situation or the people he's taking care of or the commitment he's made to that franchise.

But as far as the statement about him adapting to change... He's adapted throughout this entire NYK debacle... You're talking about a player who's going out there and getting 30 & 17rebs bc no one else is willing to crash the glass. The man was literally the only player on that team that didn't mail it in at any point this season. People can say oh its a contract year so of course he's going to go all out, but in reality if he wanted to he could opt into his final year so it's really not a contract year. It's just him trying to will his squads to a win, you have to respect that.

Last edited:
I'm tired of winning regular season games and getting hyped to only get Dk'd in the postseason. I wana win. I want Joakim to be rewarded for the way he plays and goes about it everyday.

If Taj gotta go he gotta go. This ain't a damn Hollywood movie where a team full of blue collar players go out there and defeat the big bad wolf as 1. We need studs and difference makers to win... I want Melo and Rose and Noah to go out there and beat the breaks off Miami in Miami and then go finish the job out west.

I want a ship man. I want multiple ships. By any means necessary.

For the record i don't think he's coming here, I don't have faith in our FO being able to acquire a big name FA., and that's just me being honest. So everything i'm speaking on is hypothetical.

For the record i don't think he's coming here, I don't have faith in our FO being able to acquire a big name FA., and that's just me being honest. So everything i'm speaking on is hypothetical.

damn i was just typing the same thing when i saw the 1 new post pop up :lol:

So i ask you this if melo snubs us and resigns for the max with knicks or a lesser team, will you then agree he everything I been saying he is

Not at all. He's not signing with a lesser team, it's either the Knicks or Bulls, maybe Lakers that's it. If he stays for an extra year plus 30 million, how can I be upset with that or look at that man any different? My argument is moreso towards the fact you're trying to convince us he's not the right fit because of what happened at the end of Denver and this season with NY. I don't buy that part at all, he's the only player on that Knicks team that is giving 100% while everyone else is in vacation mode.

And yes I don't think we're getting him either or KLove or anybody else that's considered a "superstar" in this league.

Back
Top Bottom