Bulls offseason Thread

Am I the only one who doesn't buy this Melo to the bulls talk. I just don't think he'd be a good fit. I don't think J's heart could outweigh Melo's attitude. Dude just doesn't play hard all the time.
Nah i feel you on that. i dont think its a good fit plus too many other things have to work out before he can even think about it. i think we should hope Snell/Butler continues to develop. Hope D.Ro$e  comes back like Westbrook. get a couple quality bench players i think we straight. Why cant we get Kevin Love instead of Melo???

The fact that anyone is against Melo tells me Bulls fans aren't ready to win....ever

The fact that anyone is against Melo tells me Bulls fans aren't ready to win....ever

Ding ding ding. I'm not subscribing to the blue collar, all effort, the "Chicago" way, yet ring-less narrative which some Bulls fans seem to be ok with...forever.

agreed

Joakim for DPOY :pimp:

Jo for MVP & DPOY

My hatred for Noah goes all the way back to high school basketball camp days :lol: but now he's in my top 3 as far as favorite players go.

Am I the only one who doesn't buy this Melo to the bulls talk. I just don't think he'd be a good fit. I don't think J's heart could outweigh Melo's attitude. Dude just doesn't play hard all the time.
Nah i feel you on that. i dont think its a good fit plus too many other things have to work out before he can even think about it. i think we should hope Snell/Butler continues to develop. Hope D.Ro$e  comes back like Westbrook. get a couple quality bench players i think we straight. Why cant we get Kevin Love instead of Melo???

Getting Love keeps Taj on the bench. That doesn't help us. We have a MAJOR hole at SF, I'm not ready to throw Snell to the wolves yet he needs time to develop. Melo is the answer guys, not sure why people think he's not a fit. IMO he's exactly what we need.

My hatred for Noah goes all the way back to high school basketball camp days
laugh.gif
but now he's in my top 3 as far as favorite players go.
Getting Love keeps Taj on the bench. That doesn't help us. We have a MAJOR hole at SF, I'm not ready to throw Snell to the wolves yet he needs time to develop. Melo is the answer guys, not sure why people think he's not a fit. IMO he's exactly what we need.
nah butler the SF for the future. and Snell is going to be the 2 guard. we dont need a scoring 3. if rose comes back full strength thats scoring at the 1 spot. snell is going to be a great shooter and defender thats scoring at the 2. butler bring the D and if he hits the glass and cuts to the rim easy points at the 3. now this 4 spot is the question mark to me. if we bring Gibson up into the starting lineup then whos the backup? Anthony is not the answer i wish you guys will get off that. Melo can get buckets thats it. thats not the type of player we want to bring in thats why he does not fit. all he does is score score score. i know we need scoring thats why they should think about Love scoring boards and he has better potential to be better defender vs Anthony IMO

My hatred for Noah goes all the way back to high school basketball camp days :lol: but now he's in my top 3 as far as favorite players go.

nah butler the SF for the future. and Snell is going to be the 2 guard. we dont need a scoring 3. if rose comes back full strength thats scoring at the 1 spot. snell is going to be a great shooter and defender thats scoring at the 2. butler bring the D and if he hits the glass and cuts to the rim easy points at the 3. now this 4 spot is the question mark to me. if we bring Gibson up into the starting lineup then whos the backup? Anthony is not the answer i wish you guys will get off that. Melo can get buckets thats it. thats not the type of player we want to bring in thats why he does not fit. all he does is score score score. i know we need scoring thats why they should think about Love scoring boards and he has better potential to be better defender vs Anthony IMO

That still doesn't get us past Miami. I'm not putting my marbles in the "I hope DRose comes back 100%" basket either. What does KLove do for us? Can he take us to the next level? We already have enough rebounding and defense, it's the scoring that we lack on the wing. Our help D makes anyone on our squad look like a decent defender outside of Boozer. KLove is a great player but Melo can get you 30 any given night. Aren't you tired of our usual 3-5 min offensive droughts every quarter? That's the reason we lose most of our games because we can't score.

Also, we can find a serviceable PF to bring off the bench for Taj. That's not hard to find. And I'm not a fan of starting Snell while we're chasing this ring, he needs to come off the bench unless a starter gets hurt.

^ Do you realize that Melo averages more boards than every other Small Forward in the league?

Oh he's also the 2nd leading scoring in the league.

I really don't understand the angle some of you guys are coming from... Proving Prostaffer right each post :smh:

let me get this straight you guys think Melo takes us over the top. what you smoking and let me get some. to get Melo we have to lose Gibson/Boozer/Hinrich and whoever else. im not with that for a guy who just scores. and for OUR sake we better hope Snell is a starter and not a bench player. Melo does nothing for us hes not coming to the Chi so all this back and forth is useless.
laugh.gif

I want somebody to really break it down because from different reports I have heard to get melo to the 18mil or more offer we got to amnesty boozer trade taj and dunleavy, and then fill in the roster with MLE.... like I been saying naw Ill pass. If this is incorrect info please correct me.

Would I love for melo to come here and fall in line and be everything yall want him to be of course I would. However havent yet heard anything but opinion on why he fit the bulls, all the issues I raise on melo other than him not being a leader are all fact based. I want to know what in his 11 year career tells yall the opposite that at 30 with that diva ego of his he gonna change now.

We lack scoring so true so yall answer is this team needs the 2nd highest scorer in the league to go next level, talk about extremes

Its simple, it all depends how much $ Melo wants. If he wants max then Boozer, Taj, and Dunleavy are gone.

Im not in favor of the melo thing most especially because of losing taj. Thats our versatile defender along with Jimmy, he also our true low post scorer and has developed a nice out the paint game which i expect to grow even more. We lose him and we lose plenty on both ends.

We will have money after amnestying boozer, we also can let go Mirotic rights if we choose, and its looking like we will have 2 first round picks, I say work with this and make something happen.

I stand by it we do have scoring issues but not to the extent we need to bet the house and go get arguably the best scorer in the league. I know the other issue is we dont know Rose future so I feel like thats why ppl want to go all out, but guess what melo coming here and rose isnt 100% or close to it were not winning a title either.

Im not in favor of the melo thing most especially because of losing taj. Thats our versatile defender along with Jimmy, he also our true low post scorer and has developed a nice out the paint game which i expect to grow even more. We lose him and we lose plenty on both ends.

We will have money after amnestying boozer, we also can let go Mirotic rights if we choose, and its looking like we will have 2 first round picks, I say work with this and make something happen.

I stand by it we do have scoring issues but not to the extent we need to bet the house and go get arguably the best scorer in the league. I know the other issue is we dont know Rose future so I feel like thats why ppl want to go all out, but guess what melo coming here and rose isnt 100% or close to it were not winning a title either.

wrong.....
IMO thats the reason to go after him ...because of the uncertainity of rose

I want somebody to really break it down because from different reports I have heard to get melo to the 18mil or more offer we got to amnesty boozer trade taj and dunleavy, and then fill in the roster with MLE.... like I been saying naw Ill pass. If this is incorrect info please correct me.

Would I love for melo to come here and fall in line and be everything yall want him to be of course I would. However havent yet heard anything but opinion on why he fit the bulls, all the issues I raise on melo other than him not being a leader are all fact based. I want to know what in his 11 year career tells yall the opposite that at 30 with that diva ego of his he gonna change now.

We lack scoring so true so yall answer is this team needs the 2nd highest scorer in the league to go next level, talk about extremes
i heard the same as far as we have to give up half the team just to get Melo and ill pass on that

^ Do you realize that Melo averages more boards than every other Small Forward in the league?

Oh he's also the 2nd leading scoring in the league.

I really don't understand the angle some of you guys are coming from... Proving Prostaffer right each post
mean.gif
its not about Melo and his numbers. his numbers always going to be great but can he get that crucial rebound? can he deflect a pass? hell can he get out the first round of the playoffs? His numbers do nothing for me and his numbers are not the answer. Melo is a modern day T-Mac or A.I. neither of which won anything. I wanna see a celebration in Grant Park i dont know about yall but thats what it boils down too

^ You do realize he took his team to the WCF while he was in Denver, right?

Nevertheless, I'm done playing devils advocate for Melo, if you don't like him you don't like him its not my place to attempt the CYV. Whatever happens happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom