Bulls offseason Thread

^^ sadly I think if PHX keeps it up Hornacek gets COY because they were picked to be dead last in all of the nba.

Great win tonight Noah for MVP period...

Have yall ever seen such a turn around with nate we all knew he could score he done it his whole life, but DJ plays out of his mind especially in the 4th he doing things we never really saw from him on any team.

Jo with another triple double :pimp:

Team is playing with a lot of heart. Taj, Jimmy and, Jo are ballin

I would believe a report of rose recruiting a player to Chicago before I do one of noah doing it.

I would believe a report of rose recruiting a player to Chicago before I do one of noah doing it.

actually both would sound like a straight lie ... as this does...

but if it actually happened & it worked or assisted in getting it done i wont be mad at it

Is this one of those Broussard reports? If so this has zero credibility.

Either way if Pooh won't do it, I'm glad someone else is willing to.

I feel like it is a 90% chance we land Melo.

it's probably closer to 10%. Him coming here is not likely n there would have to be quite a few dominoes dropping for it to happen. Though i do salivate at our team having another star of that caliber..

Melo needs to turn down a lot of money to come here. Thats what it comes down to.

He would be leaving an extra year/30M on the table if he goes anywhere outside of NY.

We can get him for 18M per if we amnesty Boozer and move MDJ. Thats a 4 million dollar difference compared to the 22 million he would get in NY next season. Lebron already told him there's no difference between 18 & 20 so if he understands that I wouldn't count us out.

it's probably closer to 10%. Him coming here is not likely n there would have to be quite a few dominoes dropping for it to happen. Though i do salivate at our team having another star of that caliber..

This.

Way too many technicalities regarding the salary cap at the moment to make a move for Melo. Like arstyle said, Melo will have to take significantly less money to sign here.

Am I the only one who doesn't buy this Melo to the bulls talk. I just don't think he'd be a good fit. I don't think J's heart could outweigh Melo's attitude. Dude just doesn't play hard all the time.

He would be leaving an extra year/30M on the table if he goes anywhere outside of NY.

We can get him for 18M per if we amnesty Boozer and move MDJ. Thats a 4 million dollar difference compared to the 22 million he would get in NY next season. Lebron already told him there's no difference between 18 & 20 so if he understands that I wouldn't count us out.

I've been seeing higher numbers that we can supposedly offer Melo and I'm curious where people are getting that from. From my calc, we'd be able to offer about $12m assuming we amnesty boozer without signing a single other player. Trading Dunleavy, assuming we take no money back, frees up another $3.3m. Is everyone assuming the cap is going to increase by a few million? It has hovered around $58m for 5 or 6 years. This is why everyone says we'd have to trade Taj to offer something respectable. The likelihood of us landing him is remote with these kinds of figures. Everyone also seems to forget we'd still have half of our roster open to fill. We'll see if Gar/Pax can get creative, but I don't have my hopes up.

We losing games right now we should easily be winning. This not the time to let up next couple games we will be facing top teams

I think Kevin Love is more of a realistic option for the Bulls. He's friends with Derrick, has publicly talked about how he likes the team, and we have a bunch of trade assets. I'd assume Mirotic would be a centerpiece in the trade, and though there's a chance he might not want to go to Minnesota, having Rubio on that team has to help in him possibly playing there.

Back
Top Bottom