Bulls offseason Thread

why melo wouldnt fit with the bulls while rose fits ? 

both are "ballhogs" , just make melo your super star and #1 option and bring rose off the bench cause the guy will NEVER be able to play at the level he played before the injuries without geting injured again . make rose 6th man or something 

The fact that anyone is against Melo tells me Bulls fans aren't ready to win....ever

Ding ding ding. I'm not subscribing to the blue collar, all effort, the "Chicago" way, yet ring-less narrative which some Bulls fans seem to be ok with...forever.

Last edited:
Jo and Jimmy today :pimp:

Happy we were able to pull out the win there! Everyone played their part and did all the little things to get the W

lmao so if we dont want melo we dont wanna win, there other stars that fit the team dudes in here sound desperate for the cancer that is melo. On paper sure it looks great, and yes i seen that man play since pringles left he not the first star to be an offensive great and be a loser.

Yall wanna bet the house basically on a 30 year old diva ill pass.

Great win today though all i care about hate the heat

lmao so if we dont want melo we dont wanna win, there other stars that fit the team dudes in here sound desperate for the cancer that is melo. On paper sure it looks great, and yes i seen that man play since pringles left he not the first star to be an offensive great and be a loser.

Yall wanna bet the house basically on a 30 year old diva ill pass.

Great win today though all i care about hate the heat

How is this dude a cancer? Please tell me?

How is this dude a cancer? Please tell me?

not really hard to tell you.... more than a few times comes into season out of shape, complete diva, no defense or heart to even work on it and been in the league 11 years, not a leader at all, when shot not falling which happens more often than not he forces the issue or shuts down, and dont try the he has no talent he been doing that his entire career. Gifted scorer and thats all there has been a lot of those in this league who careers didnt end well. Also same guy who gutted a knicks team got here and guess what lack of talent around him now and he wants out again. Boy is a pure gunner maybe ppl forgot the AI and Melo experiment, it didnt stop him gunning at all. I'll be waiting for the he was young and has grown since then excuse lol

But in reality I have nothing to worry about, melo wants his ***** kissed and we wont get that in Chicago with thibs and he knows that, also to someone like melo he going to go get his money, and try to be an off court star.

Shut me up come here take a paycut and fall in line, I dont see this likely, I think more of you want this to fit than actually looking at it

Everyone thinks they know what's right for the team. How about we all relax ourselves and cut this armchair coach business out. Cause Idk how some of y'all draw these conclusions.

Last edited:
Wasn't kidding when I said Joakim Noah and Thibs should garner serious MVP and COY votes. Can't say enough about Jimmy Butler's defensive effort and overall team effort on LeBron James. This team honestly doesn't need 'Melo. Want? Yes. But not need, Anthony in Chicago raises questions about meshing, chemistry, player personalities in the locker room, and if he'll buy into Thibs' defensive philosophy and hustle every play mantra. The Bulls share the ball so well offensively, active hands on defense, and never say die attitude. There's no real superstar on Chicago. No conflicting egos or divas to be satisfied.

^^^^ I love our team. They play hard, smart, and with passion.....but we're not winning a title like this. We tried it already, and as much as I would love to win a title by just adding Derrick next yr, we need more.

Wasn't kidding when I said Joakim Noah and Thibs should garner serious MVP and COY votes. Can't say enough about Jimmy Butler's defensive effort and overall team effort on LeBron James. This team honestly doesn't need 'Melo. Want? Yes. But not need, Anthony in Chicago raises questions about meshing, chemistry, player personalities in the locker room, and if he'll buy into Thibs' defensive philosophy and hustle every play mantra. The Bulls share the ball so well offensively, active hands on defense, and never say die attitude. There's no real superstar on Chicago. No conflicting egos or divas to be satisfied.

Noah has been great this season; definitely think he should get at least one MVP vote. But that is KD's/Bron's award to lose.

As far as Melo goes, bottom line is the Bulls need more scoring/playmakers. We don't know what Rose will be post injury, and putting all our eggs in that basket is not a good idea at all. We need him to take a Wade like role; problem is we still don't have a LeBron type player. I understand there's questions about him, but knowing how great Thibs is, I doubt that he doesn't find a way to have Melo fit in his system. The mark of a great a coach is being able to handle egos; see Riley, PJax, Daly, etc. I have faith that Thibs can do that (even though outside of Noah there aren't really any huge "egos"). Rose wasn't the best defender under VDN, but Thibs was able to maximize his defensive potential. Granted Melo is a bit older, I think if he buys in we're definitely a championship contender.

Last edited:
^ This! We land melo n get pooh back we will have a good chance. All that other stuff can be worked out.

I just hope we don't turn around n lose to a garbage team like we have in the pass. That kills me after a big win.

Game vs heat was great though. Jimmy Noah taj n DJ went in! I see why he keeps Booz on the bench in the 4th.

Last edited:
Great win! :pimp:

I know he's a rook, but I'd like Snell to be more consistently aggressive. His shooting and defensive potential will be counted on later this season and next. I admit, during the draft I was on the Tim Hardaway Jr. bandwagon though.

Noah has been great this season; definitely think he should get at least one MVP vote. But that is KD's/Bron's award to lose.

As far as Melo goes, bottom line is the Bulls need more scoring/playmakers. We don't know what Rose will be post injury, and putting all our eggs in that basket is not a good idea at all. We need him to take a Wade like role; problem is we still don't have a LeBron type player. I understand there's questions about him, but knowing how great Thibs is, I doubt that he doesn't find a way to have Melo fit in his system. The mark of a great a coach is being able to handle egos; see Riley, PJax, Daly, etc. I have faith that Thibs can do that (even though outside of Noah there aren't really any huge "egos"). Rose wasn't the best defender under VDN, but Thibs was able to maximize his defensive potential. Granted Melo is a bit older, I think if he buys in we're definitely a championship contender.

Couldn't agree more with what I've bolded.

Joakim Noah Doesn’t Like to Hear MVP Chants

by Marcel Mutoni / @ marcel_mutoni

Joakim Noah is an MVP candidate this season, whether he likes to hear it or not.

Deafening chants of “MVP!” rang throughout the United Center on Sunday, as Noah (20 points, 12 rebounds) led the Chicago Bulls to an emotional 95-88 win against the rival Miami Heat.

Following the game, Joakim explained that the Bulls’ true and only MVP is Derrick Rose.

Per the team website:

“I don’t like it,” he said. “No, I don’t like it.”

“Because our MVP is not playing. We have one MVP, and that’s Derrick Rose. And it’s not about MVPs, it’s about rings, and one day I hope that we can get one here.”

“That’s all I want,” Noah said of winning NBA titles. “I don’t care about none of that stuff [MVPs].”

Against all odds, the Bulls have once again more than held it together with an injured Derrick Rose watching from the sidelines, largely thanks to Joakim Noah.

The All-Star big man has put up 12.2 points, ripped down 11.3 rebounds and handed out 4.8 assists, while dragging Chicago to a wholly unexpected 35-28 record.

Derrick Rose may be the best player on the roster, but he isn’t available right now. Joakim Noah is indisputably the Bulls’ rock and leader.

Better get used to hearing those MVP chants, Jo.

Back
Top Bottom