Bulls offseason Thread

so basically we going back and forth on a player yall dont even believe is coming.

I wanna agree with yall on I dont know that man money or his situation but I cant because any intelligent person with a little vision can see any money lost can be made up for and surpassed because this country loves a winner pure and simple. Go somewhere and win titles and that money will be made up for.

At 30 all the money melo made whats his career about winning or money. If its about the money for him at this point it really does prove all im saying about that man and his ways. Im sorry I wont praise that man for doing his job on the scoring side night in and night out even if his team is losing. I wont praise you for doing what you should because others around you are not.

but hes clarly the ONLY person playing ... 1 v 5 nightly :lol:

you can see the sand in them dudes eyes 5 mins into the 1st Q but carmel corn still hoopin

so basically we going back and forth on a player yall dont even believe is coming.

I wanna agree with yall on I dont know that man money or his situation but I cant because any intelligent person with a little vision can see any money lost can be made up for and surpassed because this country loves a winner pure and simple. Go somewhere and win titles and that money will be made up for.

At 30 all the money melo made whats his career about winning or money. If its about the money for him at this point it really does prove all im saying about that man and his ways. Im sorry I wont praise that man for doing his job on the scoring side night in and night out even if his team is losing. I wont praise you for doing what you should because others around you are not.

He's scoring and averaging a career high in rebounds, what else do you want that man to do? 10 ast and 10 blocks as well? Be serious.

If your job is offering you the same money another job can offer you, plus an extra year of security & 30 million on top, what would you do?

He's scoring and averaging a career high in rebounds, what else do you want that man to do? 10 ast and 10 blocks as well? Be serious.

If your job is offering you the same money another job can offer you, plus an extra year of security & 30 million on top, what would you do?

You asking the wrong guy im a very moral based person, and maybe thats my problem. After all that money I made im going to win im gonna build my legacy into something great, gonna get that lost money back. Its like taking a job where you take a little less money but the benefits package is 10x better, idk everybody age in here but as you get older that health care benefit is beyond valuable lord i know lol.

You asking the wrong guy im a very moral based person, and maybe thats my problem. After all that money I made im going to win im gonna build my legacy into something great, gonna get that lost money back. Its like taking a job where you take a little less money but the benefits package is 10x better, idk everybody age in here but as you get older that health care benefit is beyond valuable lord i know lol.

:lol: I hear you. All I'm saying is 30 million is A LOT of money to leave on the table so I can't knock him if he choose that route regardless of morals. Plus he's going to have to afford the divorce that's coming sooner than later.

And for the record, I don't think it will be Melo's fault if we don't land him. Our front office will find a way to convince us that they were never really going after him to begin

Last edited:
:lol: I hear you. All I'm saying is 30 million is A LOT of money to leave on the table so I can't knock him if he choose that route regardless of morals. Plus he's going to have to afford the divorce that's coming sooner than later.

And for the record, I don't think it will be Melo's fault if we don't land him. Our front office will find a way to convince us that they were never really going after him to being with :smh: I've seen this sad story one too many times.

Somehow, both of your statements can be tied together if GarPaxDorf can't land Melo. :lol:

And for the record, I don't think it will be Melo's fault if we don't land him. Our front office will find a way to convince us that they were never really going after him to begin with :smh: I've seen this sad story one too many times.

Somehow, both of your statements can be tied together if GarPaxDorf can't land Melo. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

Noah, as much as I dislike him has been ballin out of his mind this year.  Had a legitimate case for 1st team at the Center position.  Gibson has too, even been impressive on the offensive end.  Boozer needs to go, as he has the past several years.  Butler's defense on LeBron continues to impress me.  Augustine has been like Nate Robinson, but with superior passing, and without the stupidity or heat checks.  Hinrich continues to be gritty, playing great defense, providing veteran leadership.  

I think this team is perfectly built for Melo, or any other volume scorer who doesn't have as much dimension to their game.  Everything else is taken care of ... particularly team defense, given the surrounding pieces, and Thibs schemes.  He could come in here put up 28 ppg, be the consistent ELITE shot creator / scorer the Bulls need and he'd surely take them to the next level of competitiveness.  

I mean if we could hide Boozer the past 4 years defensively, and he's worse than Melo, we'd have no problem providing him a security blanket on that end.  Then you got a wild card in D. Rose, that depending on how he comes back again, has the potential to take us to even another level.  

On some real levels doe, I'm doubting D. Rose ever truly recovers.  Given so much of his game was predicated purely on athleticism, and he's not much of a thinker out there on the court.  I mean before he injured himself this year he looked to be about at best 75% of what he was during his MVP season.  But anything we get from him going forward is just a bonus.

We need to make a push for Melo.  If being successful at basketball is Melo's true agenda, he'd be a fool not to come to Chicago.  It's a perfect situation for him.  He doesn't even have the "hometown" pressure, or heir to the Jordan throne Derrick had to deal with.

My hatred has reached new highs I hope Boozer never gets another NBA contract after we amnesty him, he just watches as ppl go by him, he loses players on defense how do you let the slowest player in the league Diaw get you time and time again. He just stand there, F#$% his pride Taj needs to take his position full time moving on.

Sit on the bench and rot

"To sign Anthony, the Bulls would have to use its amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer. By removing Boozer's $16.8 million from their cap figure, they will have roughly $15 million to offer Anthony next season. If the Bulls can trade Mike Dunleavy and his $3 million salary, they could start Anthony's deal at about $18 million."

We can also go the sign and trade route to get him if the Knicks are willing to take Boozer for a year plus our 3 picks. I doubt they would but its an option if they dont want to lose him for nothing in return.

There are ways around it to make it happen. It all comes down to how much money Melo wants.

If some of you guys were saying "I want Melo but I don't want to gut the team" Neither do I so I'm ok with that. But to say you don't want him at all is foolish.

I spelled it out before, but I'll show the actual numbers since people appear to still be confused on how the math is working. Current players who have guaranteed 2014-2015 contracts:

Derrick Rose $18,862,876
Carlos Boozer $16,800,000
Joakim Noah $12,200,000
Taj Gibson $8,000,000
Mike Dunleavy $3,326,235
Jimmy Butler $2,008,748
Tony Snell $1,472,400
= $62.7M
- $16.8M (Boozer's Amnesty)
= $45.9M

The cap in 2013-2014 is $58.7M, which has hovered around this amount for 5-6 years. Assuming it stays about the same, we have $12-13M to offer at that point. I don't know where anyone is getting $15m unless you're assuming a bump in the cap...which we won't know until after the off-season. There's no way to sign him straight up to even a reasonable pay cut ($18m range) without a bump in the cap AND trading Dunleavy while taking no money back. Seems unlikely to me. We'd have to trade Taj, which I don't think management is stupid enough to do.

"To sign Anthony, the Bulls would have to use its amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer. By removing Boozer's $16.8 million from their cap figure, they will have roughly $15 million to offer Anthony next season. If the Bulls can trade Mike Dunleavy and his $3 million salary, they could start Anthony's deal at about $18 million."

We can also go the sign and trade route to get him if the Knicks are willing to take Boozer for a year plus our 3 picks. I doubt they would but its an option if they dont want to lose him for nothing in return.

There are ways around it to make it happen. It all comes down to how much money Melo wants.

If some of you guys were saying "I want Melo but I don't want to gut the team" Neither do I so I'm ok with that. But to say you don't want him at all is foolish.

I spelled it out before, but I'll show the actual numbers since people appear to still be confused on how the math is working. Current players who have guaranteed 2014-2015 contracts:

Derrick Rose $18,862,876
Carlos Boozer $16,800,000
Joakim Noah $12,200,000
Taj Gibson $8,000,000
Mike Dunleavy $3,326,235
Jimmy Butler $2,008,748
Tony Snell $1,472,400
= $62.7M
- $16.8M (Boozer's Amnesty)
= $45.9M

The cap in 2013-2014 is $58.7M, which has hovered around this amount for 5-6 years. Assuming it stays about the same, we have $12-13M to offer at that point. I don't know where anyone is getting $15m unless you're assuming a bump in the cap...which we won't know until after the off-season. There's no way to sign him straight up to even a reasonable pay cut ($18m range) without a bump in the cap AND trading Dunleavy while taking no money back. Seems unlikely to me. We'd have to trade Taj, which I don't think management is stupid enough to do.

I'm just quoting articles I've read on various websites. If what I said is incorrect then I stand corrected.

Back
Top Bottom