Bulls offseason Thread

Brandon Jennings was killing Hinrich and Teague last night. We struggle to score that's our only problem. With Deng out I thought we gave it a good effort

It's been reported that Deng will not take a hometown discount and wants to test free agency.
Bulls have to either move him now or resign him / let him walk.

Knowing Gar/Pax they will let him walk and get nothing in return :smh:

Lottery talent can be a bust too.

Exactly. Mirotic has been called the best player not playing in the NBA and is flat out dominating in his league. He has a skillset made for the NBA, and his biggest weakness (strength) can easily be improved upon. Just because he's a Euro doesn't make him a likely bust. There's a good chance he will contribute right away and I'd rather have a younger player earning less with a higher upside than someone who is over 30 and will not get better.

It's been reported that Deng will not take a hometown discount and wants to test free agency.
Bulls have to either move him now or resign him / let him walk.

Knowing Gar/Pax they will let him walk and get nothing in return :smh:
I feel the same way I would be surprised if they trade Deng I expect him to leave via free agency and we won't get anything for him. Future looks bleek imo I hope I'm wrong

I feel the same way I would be surprised if they trade Deng I expect him to leave via free agency and we won't get anything for him. Future looks bleek imo I hope I'm wrong
Hopefully them bobcats continue to struggle and we get a high pick in the draft
We better move his *** ASAP
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Well, Dirk looked like a bust his first season and a half.

C'mon you gonna pull the dirk card that was a very rare once in a while type situation that worked out... If miortic works out cool but I won't hesitate to trade him for proven talent either

i dont wanna let deng walk but also who is really willing to pay deng what HE THINKS he worth, and be on a contender.
Lou doesnt strike me as a greedy person but i dont know him. i dont think Lou is a max player imo hes good for US but i dont think he will be the same on another team. I think we are the only team and city that appreciates a player like Lou and unfortunately if he dont give us a discount he will find out

i dont wanna let deng walk but also who is really willing to pay deng what HE THINKS he worth, and be on a contender.

We can't kid ourselves as to his market value. I don't know what Lu is asking the Bulls for, but if Iggy and Josh Smith are getting $12-14m/year, Lu can get something similar. Like real estate, it's a game of comparables. However, I don't see any contender with the cap space or willingness to pay him that much. He may have to choose between contending here or getting more money from an inferior team elsewhere.

Deng deserves his money. He is good on the offensive end and great on the defensive end. I wouldn't call him greedy for going after what he feels he is worth. At the end of the day winning a championship is nice and all, but this is still a business and these teams will cut players and trade them away as they see fit. So go get that money Deng.

Deng deserves his money. He is good on the offensive end and great on the defensive end. I wouldn't call him greedy for going after what he feels he is worth. At the end of the day winning a championship is nice and all, but this is still a business and these teams will cut players and trade them away as they see fit. So go get that money Deng.
Deng is already making a pretty penny if he don't take that discount deal we need to trade him asap. If he thinks he's going to get max money then its going to be teams at the bottom of the barrel

We can't kid ourselves as to his market value. I don't know what Lu is asking the Bulls for, but if Iggy and Josh Smith are getting $12-14m/year, Lu can get something similar. Like real estate, it's a game of comparables. However, I don't see any contender with the cap space or willingness to pay him that much. He may have to choose between contending here or getting more money from an inferior team elsewhere.

I could see the Lakers giving him money. We know Kobe loves him.

As for Mirotic, does he remind anyone else of Toni Kukoc?

Deng is already making a pretty penny if he don't take that discount deal we need to trade him asap. If he thinks he's going to get max money then its going to be teams at the bottom of the barrel
As I said before, go get that money Deng. I do see him heading to the Lakers though if we don't trade him. With all his years of service to the team, I don't think they will trade him. So he will probably walk away. At least we will have cap space.

I see a lot of bargnani in that video. Yeah he can drive in the euro league but I don't see that working in the league.

If you can trade him and deng to get in this lottery you got too.

@secretzofwar is right. The lakers will pay deng. I can totally see him and kobe together.

Lakers dont want Deng his name is not big enough. i dont know where this Deng to lakers talk is coming from.

I could see the Lakers giving him money. We know Kobe loves him.

As for Mirotic, does he remind anyone else of Toni Kukoc?

Much less of a playmaker than Kukoc, IMO. His game reminds me more of a mix of Gallo/Dirk.

It's definitely a risk putting all hope in Mirotic, but that's what the FO and scouting teams are for.

Back
Top Bottom