Bulls offseason Thread

DJ was at his best when he was playing back up for charlotte......idk what happened to him since :/ 

It's official Dj cleared waivers and has been signed to the Bulls.

Meanwhile we're shooting poorly and losing to the bum a$s knicks :smh:

It's official Dj cleared waivers and has been signed to the Bulls.

Meanwhile we're shooting poorly and losing to the bum a$s knicks :smh:

DJ's a good pickup. He ALWAYS torches Rose, so at least we won't have that happen anymore.

I'm hoping for 12 ppg and 6apg. He does that, and I think you can consider it a great signing. Might as well give him a shot: Hinrich's done and Teague sucks.

not even mad with 3 starters make that 3 vital offensive options missing. We fought back and im good with that.

Im interested to see what DJ can bring to the table he definitely better than teague and the aging kirk

kirk isnt done :lol: stop streching... he just cant be the #2 opt with the #1 being ******g dunleavy
knicks got hot & cold like they always do we fought back from 23 down & tied it

DAYUM that Jazz ball boy who got the flu shoes from Mike sold em for 100k. for that much i would have sold em too
nthat.gif

What you guys think about the talk of Thibs leaving? I could easily see that happening. I think if we go into the tank hes definitely gone. If hes gone because of tanking i understand, but if he leaves because of Gar and Pax im going to be pissed :smh:

If we lose Thibs we will lose Rose... And it'll be on GAR/PAX.... Can't support that at all... Smh..

Should've never fired Ron Adams. That was the first sign

if there is any truth to the rumors about thibs.....i wouldn't be so upset. i dont think hes a championship level coach. he definitely gets a lot out of his players and makes them play hard and play D. but hes too hard headed and has plenty of flaws that aren't hard to see.

bulls can't rely on derrick rose for next year, just like if they did that this year they probably still dont have enough to beat miami. its definitely time to make a bold move. bulls have been sitting on assets for years (let asik walk away for nothing) and passed up trades for the likes of KG, Pau and Kobe (who knows how true that rumor was but still never tried to make a move)

if there is any truth to the rumors about thibs.....i wouldn't be so upset. i dont think hes a championship level coach. he definitely gets a lot out of his players and makes them play hard and play D. but hes too hard headed and has plenty of flaws that aren't hard to see.

bulls can't rely on derrick rose for next year, just like if they did that this year they probably still dont have enough to beat miami. its definitely time to make a bold move. bulls have been sitting on assets for years (let asik walk away for nothing) and passed up trades for the likes of KG, Pau and Kobe (who knows how true that rumor was but still never tried to make a move)
:rolleyes

I'm a die hard life long bulls fan. But who's being realistic? Chances are we make the playoffs the east is terrible. We lose deng likely for nothing. Rose may or may not be the same player he once was. Likely won't get an impact player via draft. Unlikely we get a superstar via free agency (not sure the cap situation)

So what's the end game play very hard in the regular season and lose 2nd round of the playoffs? Heck we did that with vinny as coach.

Bulls aren't gonna make a move to help this team right now (DJ is horrible) then they better make a move to make them better next year. If we aren't beating Miami what's the point if running our players into the ground every regular season (see Noah rose and deng)

:lol: @ he's not a championship level coach

:rolleyes

I'm a die hard life long bulls fan. But who's being realistic? Chances are we make the playoffs the east is terrible. We lose deng likely for nothing. Rose may or may not be the same player he once was. Likely won't get an impact player via draft. Unlikely we get a superstar via free agency (not sure the cap situation)

So what's the end game play very hard in the regular season and lose 2nd round of the playoffs? Heck we did that with vinny as coach.

Bulls aren't gonna make a move to help this team right now (DJ is horrible) then they better make a move to make them better next year. If we aren't beating Miami what's the point if running our players into the ground every regular season (see Noah rose and deng)

i agree that we need to be thinking BIG Picture, I don't recall Vinny winning a playoff series though G.

Isn't Thibbs a championship coach already from Boston
:x

That 15

Head coach and assistant coach are very diff. And you're right it wasn't VDN it was skilles

Nice win by the bulls tho. Tough to watch these guys compete but struggle being short handed.

did i miss thibs championship run as a head coach? what has he proven...he can win a lot of regular season games at the expense of the playoffs. its no coincidence all the injuries the bulls have mounted. he plays his players too hard in the regular season. treats each game like its a playoff game. rose had a number of injuries prior to his ACL tear, but continued to be thrown out there in meaningless games. same with noah and deng.

we went to the ECF in 2010. thats almost 4 years ago now. dont forget our starting SG the whole season was keith freakin bogans. you're telling me brewer and korver were not better for that team. Each of them two do one major thing better than bogans who couldn't gaurd anyone, and shot like 30% from 3. he refused to play kurt thomas that series against miami and eventually when he did he had a huge game (asik was hurt that series still didnt play KT)

even last year with the roster depleted, he refused to play RIP. im not a rip fan at all didnt like the signing, but when you're that short handed you have to believe he can contribute something. and he did of course in game 5 he played solid. granted we were gonna lose that series anyway.

not saying he isnt a really good head coach, but there is a big difference between being really good in the regular season and winning a title. thibs hasn't developed any players offensively and has the worst crunch time sets which consist of high pick n roll (which teams like miami always blitz and counter) or one on one with drose or deng.

anyway i prob sound like a thibs hater, im not i just think he has cost this team in different ways over the years and never gets blamed for any of it.

did i miss thibs championship run as a head coach? what has he proven...he can win a lot of regular season games at the expense of the playoffs. its no coincidence all the injuries the bulls have mounted. he plays his players too hard in the regular season. treats each game like its a playoff game. rose had a number of injuries prior to his ACL tear, but continued to be thrown out there in meaningless games. same with noah and deng.

we went to the ECF in 2010. thats almost 4 years ago now. dont forget our starting SG the whole season was keith freakin bogans. you're telling me brewer and korver were not better for that team. Each of them two do one major thing better than bogans who couldn't gaurd anyone, and shot like 30% from 3. he refused to play kurt thomas that series against miami and eventually when he did he had a huge game (asik was hurt that series still didnt play KT)

even last year with the roster depleted, he refused to play RIP. im not a rip fan at all didnt like the signing, but when you're that short handed you have to believe he can contribute something. and he did of course in game 5 he played solid. granted we were gonna lose that series anyway.

not saying he isnt a really good head coach, but there is a big difference between being really good in the regular season and winning a title. thibs hasn't developed any players offensively and has the worst crunch time sets which consist of high pick n roll (which teams like miami always blitz and counter) or one on one with drose or deng.

anyway i prob sound like a thibs hater, im not i just think he has cost this team in different ways over the years and never gets blamed for any of it.

I tend to agree with some of your points. I think Thibs is a championship-level coach..maybe more for potential instead of actual accomplishment.

The list of championship winning coaches is very short, especially the active ones.

1. Pop
2. Doc
3. Spo

I think Thibs belongs i the immediate tier below

Last edited:
I tend to agree with some of your points. I think Thibs is a championship-level coach..maybe more for potential instead of actual accomplishment.

The list of championship winning coaches is very short, especially the active ones.

1. Pop
2. Doc
3. Spo

I think Thibs belongs i the immediate tier below

dont forget carlisle. hes one hell of a coach.

at the end of the day these coaches all know how to adjust and learn from their mistakes. thibs just has to do the same.

Other than pop all these coaches winning having some star studded teams let's be real.

So what are you really basing your championship coach status on. Spo definitely isn't some great coach but well on his way it seems to a 3peat. Doc has been a 500 coach all his career till he got the big 3

And get out here rip has one good game so now he valuable that man was trash every game as a bull except a few

It easy to talk after the fact, Thibs does great with what he has and injuries I'm not tossing blame on him training staff has a job. Give Thibs the talent and I'll watch him get that ring

everyone here is forgetting that he was on the 2008 Boston Celtics he most definitely had a lot to do with the championship. He is a champion already. so why's everybody bashing the coach like he has no accomplishments? Thibs is not the GM he didn't put this bum team together of I'm the owner there's no way I would fire Thibs. Thibs goes somewhere else and he's going to win a ship before the Chicago Bulls win one if they do him dirty like they did everyone else

Other than pop all these coaches winning having some star studded teams let's be real.

So what are you really basing your championship coach status on. Spo definitely isn't some great coach but well on his way it seems to a 3peat. Doc has been a 500 coach all his career till he got the big 3

And get out here rip has one good game so now he valuable that man was trash every game as a bull except a few

It easy to talk after the fact, Thibs does great with what he has and injuries I'm not tossing blame on him training staff has a job. Give Thibs the talent and I'll watch him get that ring

you're right anyone who wins needs the talent. no question about it.

my point is thibs has made plenty of mistakes, biggest one being running his players into the ground.

i have yet to hear what it is people love about thibs as a head coach? what makes him a championship level head coach the fact he was doc's assistant in boston? because his players hustle and play d?

Because his players hustle and play d. You can't tell me that these players play hard for there coach. Coach Thibs has that going for him. Give him the players and he is a championship caliber coach. I can't say that about half the coaches coaching. you cannot discredit his championship experience because he was an assistant coach

Man you saying they being ran into the ground based off what rose injuries, maybe the spinal tap was Thibs fault too. I guarantee you give Thibs a bench he well act accordingly until then I ain't bout to say he running nobody into the ground

You discrediting his players hustling for him and playing D make me question what type of fan you are because that's huge. Defensive teams are the ones winning rings if you haven't noticed. Let's go get a D' Antoni we can score like crazy and still lose

Back
Top Bottom