Bulls offseason Thread

I was up in the 300s on Thursday, but this is my good friend's picture-perfect snap of "The Floater"

:pimp:

Last edited:
I know some of it is rust/forcing it

But damn Derrick isn't getting any calls so far....

Derrick has never really gotten calls. Let's see if he becomes a little more vocal.

But he really should start unleashing the floater more now sprinkled with some midrange pull ups.

I hate how Derrick got fouled driving the lane, and the next second, Evan Turner gets an and1 barely getting touched.

I hate how Derrick got fouled driving the lane, and the next second, Evan Turner gets an and1 barely getting touched.

You would honestly think he was the rookie in this game the way the calls have been going.

Our Defense Is ******g HORRIBLE,

Terrible loss. Offense failed us big time tonight. Derrick is still knocking the rust off but turnovers late killed us.

We will get better. Just gotta go thru things like this

The game was mostly on Derrick.

He thought he could have avoided rust by working out all summer and the pre-season. Nope. So don't tell me that there was a valid excuse for not coming back last season.

If you honestly think that L was on everyone else you need your eyes checked.

Wow...6'ers always play us tough.  Remember they beat us that year in the playoffs. I'm not too worried.  Mcw is a beast so far. it looks like unless the Bulls are playing on TNT or ESPN looks like my next game isn't until November 16 vs the Pacers y'all keep me posted out there in Chicagoland

Still in Bears mode, so I'm not too concerned with basketball right now.

I just think we all got a lil too confident watching those pre season games....it's gonna be at least another 3 weeks before Drose fully gets back into form.

We've always lacked offensive fire power but now with a depleted/less talented bench it's obvious.....we need to make moves.

Love
Derozan
E. Gordon
Anyone that can create their own shot....

He thought he could have avoided rust by working out all summer and the pre-season. Nope. So don't tell me that there was a valid excuse for not coming back last season.

Yup on offense and defense. It's like watching MJ post-baseball but playing against Orlando every game in that half-season. Gonna agree to disagree on last season, etc.

79 more games to go.....

This just shows had he came back last season or playoffs he would have probably looked even worse.... I ain't trippin off 3 games

But I expect next week to be different...

Yup on offense and defense. It's like watching MJ post-baseball but playing against Orlando every game in that half-season. Gonna agree to disagree on last season, etc.

79 more games to go.....

It was like he purposely tried throwing the game away. Seems as if he lost his basketball IQ. Just stupid plays and he was out of control.

I went straight to the strip club after the game (to blow off steam) so I haven't been able to voice my concerns but my main thought is that Rose is letting the refs get to his head. He hasn't been getting calls on drives so at one point tonight it seemed like he was tentative and lost his confidence a bit.

Drawing fouls is a skill which has been an ongoing problem throughout his career. I actually thought he had solved it because he was averaging 10 fta during the preseason. Personally I think he's been attacking at an angle too much instead of going straight to the hoop.

Another problem is that he might not have his legs yet. I noticed even during the preseason when his minutes went up the last couple of games, his fg percentage went down. Maybe that isn't a coincidence.

If Butler and Boozer continue to play well, I think Rose may have finally found his secondary scorers. They have been our best players this season by far, followed by Deng at a distance. Everybody else has yet to bring their A game yet, including Rose.

Hinrich and Rose have probably been the poorest performers thus far this season, followed by Noah. Noah hasn't been stinking it up field goal percentage wise like the previous two, but he's just not in sync with everybody else and it's almost like his decision making is at a delay.

Finally, everybody got to find Derrick on the perimeter a beat faster. Every opponent has sagged off Derrick to double so far. But no one recognizes it fast enough. Some don't recognize it at all. If Rose can hit some open 3s in rhythm more frequently, he might break out of his funk faster.

Finally, our defense just stinks. Scoring 100 points should be enough points for the Bulls to win. Period.

Before the season started, I thought the Bulls were going to get off to a ffast start and compete for the one seed. Now I think this is going to be one of those seasons where they might not figure things out till the midpoint of the season.

Of course, obviously I think Rose is going to finish the season playing very well but I no longer think this is his Mvp repeat year.

Last edited:
Wow...6'ers always play us tough.  Remember they beat us that year in the playoffs. I'm not too worried.  Mcw is a beast so far. it looks like unless the Bulls are playing on TNT or ESPN looks like my next game isn't until November 16 vs the Pacers y'all keep me posted out there in Chicagoland

You gotta do like I did and tell your cable company you need WGN in your life.

FIOS FTW :pimp:

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/122125

bwin MVP for October: Nikola Mirotic, Real Madrid
by: Euroleague.net
November 4, 2013

It is hard to imagine a team starting the Turkish Airlines Euroleague season better than Real Madrid did last month. But it might be even harder to imagine anyone playing a whole month more efficiently than Euroleague Basketball's choice as bwin MVP for October, forward Nikola Mirotic. Madrid won its three October games by an average of 26.3 points. But as good as Madrid was as a team, Mirotic played close to perfect. Just consider the many different statistical categories in which he now ranks among the Euroleague's top 15 players: performance index rating, three-pointers, free throws, points, true shooting %, three-point %, blocked shots, offensive rebounds, steals and total rebounds. Among his many great numbers in October, perhaps the most impressive Mirotic's age, 22, which belies the incredible maturity in his game. With Rising Star trophies in 2011 and 2012 and an All-Euroleague Second Team selection last season, Mirotic had already established himself as an elite player. Now, in the season's first month, the young forward has proven that his star is still on the rise. His performance left no doubt that one player above all deserved to be named bwin MVP for October: Nikola Mirotic of Real Madrid.

The bwin MVP of the Month honor is now in its 10th season. Although statistics and performance index ratings are taken into consideration for the award, they alone do not determine who is honored. The winner is named by Euroleague Basketball based on his and his team's performance. The award for October was based on the three regular season games that all teams played between October 16 and November 1. Euroleague Basketball partner bwin is the sponsor of the MVP of the Month award. Just as the best Euroleague player each month combines performance and leadership for success, so does bwin's sponsorship communicate its conviction to be the best betting brand in European basketball.

Nikola Mirotic - Real Madrid - EB13One week after winning its last preseason game in China, Real Madrid started the Euroleague season on the road against Zalgiris Kaunas with a resounding 63-83 victory. Tellingly, Mirotic started his season with defense, 2 steals and a block in the game's first 3 minutes. His scoring exploded after halftime, when 8 of his team-high 18 points came during a four-minute stretch when Madrid's lead ballooned from 6 to 16 points and pointed the way to victory. He finished with near-perfect shooting - 2 of 2 two-pointers, 3 of 4 threes and 5 of 6 free throws - to go with 5 rebounds and assist and 5 fouls drawn for a 27 index rating, good enough to become the Round 1 bwin MVP for the best performance of opening week. A week later at home against Brose Baskets Bamberg, Mirotic again thought defense first, taking 3 steals in the game's first 5 minutes, but his shot was ready, too. His 10 points in the first quarter had Madrid up 18-7 and on its way to a 98-58 blowout. He only played sparingly after that, making just one more shot, but pulling 8 rebounds, blocking 2 shots and committing zero turnovers or fouls for a 22 index rating in just 17 minutes on the floor. Mirotic saved his best game of October for last as Madrid hosted EA7 Emporio Armani Milan in Round 3. He scored 15 points without a miss in the first quarter as Madrid went ahead 25-20 on its way to another blowout win by 93-74. Mirotic didn't need to shoot much more after that, but he didn't miss anything all night, either, as he finished with 19 points on 5 of 5 two-pointers, making his only triple and 6 of 6 free throws for 19 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and a 28 performance index rating.

By month's end, Mirotic's collective numbers were astounding: 16.3 points per game on 71.4% two-point shooting, 85.7% from downtown, 91.7% from the free throw line; averages of 6.3 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 1 block; only 2 turnovers for the month and 10 fouls drawn against 4 committed. It all added up to an average index rating of 25.7 in just 21 minutes per game. Although it was only three games, Mirotic's per-minute index rating was 48.14, which is 30% higher than the full-season record average of 37.21 by the legendary Arvydas Sabonis over 16 games for Zalgiris one decade ago. Most important now is that last year's runners-up are 3-0 and look unstoppable so far, just like Mirotic, who will receive his bwin MVP for October award at an upcoming Real Madrid home game.

Euroleague or not, those are insane shooting percentages.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/122125

bwin MVP for October: Nikola Mirotic, Real Madrid
by: Euroleague.net
November 4, 2013

Euroleague or not, those are insane shooting percentages.

Theyre obviously inflated due to madrids talent compared to the rest of the league. Also i hate that damn euro system... 20 min a game crap. Let that man cook. Kinda tired on waiting on him coming here... wish we could ship him and a few other assets for a decent big.

Last edited:

I agree. Rose has 17 TOs over the last 3 games and that's way too high for a PG. MCW was giving him problems on both ends of the court and no way should a rookie have done that to him. His biggest issue is forcing situations that just aren't there and then expecting for the refs to bail him out w/ imaginary calls. He has to earn that superstar status back. Pacers Wednesday night, Jesus grab the wheel.

Last edited:
I agree with you R. I hope he has that game to fully restore his confidence in himself and his place in the league.

Lost in the praise of his early shooting streak from 3, Steph Curry is ahead of Rose in TOs per game. I actually thought Derrick was the clear leader :lol:

I'm looking forward to a better game from him against the Pacers.

Regarding Lu, his shooting's been on a steady decline ever since he injured his wrist and opted not having surgery. Surprised they ran the last shot for him against Philly since he was front-rimming everything that game. He needs to reverse this trend soon because this season he should be getting better looks from Derrick. Plus he's gotta keep his value high in case we trade him.

Lost in the praise of his early shooting streak from 3, Steph Curry is ahead of Rose in TOs per game. I actually thought Derrick was the clear leader :lol:

I'm looking forward to a better game from him against the Pacers.

Regarding Lu, his shooting's been on a steady decline ever since he injured his wrist and opted not having surgery. Surprised they ran the last shot for him against Philly since he was front-rimming everything that game. He needs to reverse this trend soon because this season he should be getting better looks from Derrick. Plus he's gotta keep his value high in case we trade him.

At this point I'd rather Deng shoot the rock over Rose and Jimmy. Everytime Jimmy goes over for a jumper I honestly think the worse.

Pooh lost the game v Philly...

Prefer Luol shooting to Pooh...

Very interesting points of view.

I said "at this point" never said I prefer Lou shooting in general. Rose was big part of that reason for that loss. Go ahead and defend, it's cool, but the proof is is in the numbers so far. IMO, he won't be ready again till before AS break.

You gotta do like I did and tell your cable company you need WGN in your life.

FIOS FTW
pimp.gif
haha thats funny cuz thats the only way i can see the bulls is on TNT, ESPN, or WGN America out here in Seattle. the next game on WGN america is 11-16-2013 keep me posted bro i need to know whats going on with these Bulls lol

Rose played terrible down the stretch of the Philly game, it was one of the worst quarters ive seen him play in a while. Hes forcing things these first three games. Some are good shots that arent falling, others are shots that shouldnt be taken. I believe he will come back to form eventually. Its just the proccess of him getting back, gotta work thru it and take the good with the bad until he gets back.

Anyone else hear the report about the front office controlling the rotations more?

Pooh lost the game v Philly...

Prefer Luol shooting to Pooh...

Very interesting points of view.

I said "at this point" never said I prefer Lou shooting in general. Rose was big part of that reason for that loss. Go ahead and defend, it's cool, but the proof is is in the numbers so far. IMO, he won't be ready again till before AS break.

Did Pooh play badly? Yes... Is he the sole reason we lost? HELL NO.

How many times did we not finish plays with rebounds?

How many gimmies were missed?

How many poor defensive rotations did we have?

We preach push the player baseline to cut off a side of the court, do not let them drive middle, how many times did that happen for someone not to step up?

Our Defense is PISS ******G POOR right now. That's why we're losing games, we lost a 20 point lead. TWENTY POINTS.

But the reason we lost is because of Pooh's poor play and forcing things looking for bailout calls.... Which is an entirely different conversation in itself considering that he's actually getting fouled and has never been one to actually cry for calls, but I digress.

You want to blame him for shooting poorly? Go ahead. But also blame Luol & Jimmy for allowing Evan Turner to repeatedly beat them on backdoor cuts and score 20. Blame Boozer for not even attempting to rotate defensively on drives to the basket or on pick and rolls. Blame Jo for not securing rebounds. Blame Thibs for poorly managing the bleeding.

Point is while Derrick has been playing poorly and deserves criticism, there is a lot of blame to go around to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom