Bulls offseason Thread

Rooting for Rose in a major way this year...
pimp.gif

Idk I'm watching the game you seem to be focused on stats.... You made that clear with a statement like we got rose and jimmy we don't need players who can create Goodnight

basketball is a stats sport now....

He was more productive on a worse team and is a plus defender. Hell Marco wasn't even good unless he started.... are you taking Jimmy out the lineup for Marco? Dunleavy was better in pretty much every way shape and form, your eyes are deceiving you.

Wrong, it's not a fallacy. Last year was the first time they dipped into the luxury, which was hilarious since they tried to be cheap but still failed and ended up in the luxury anyways(signing Kirk aka Hurt outright..lol). Why even go into the luxury when you've basically said it's a lost season without Derrick and signing all of those 1-year deals? Just so you can say, hey fans we do spend money!

You can't sign both, fine. But if you're going to dip into the tax anyways and you're in "win now" mode, why don't you try to re-sign one of those guys? Dunleavy's decent but would have preferred to have either Nate or Marco too because of their ability to create off the dribble. Not to mention either Beli or Nate were already familiar with Thibs' defensive system. Hell, even KC Johnson wondered the same thing.

Let's see if Michael Reinsdorf can buck this trend as it seems he's more passionate about the Bulls than his dad.

They have the 2nd highest payroll.... they could only sign one of the three and with Rose there is no need for Nate, you giving a 6'2" and 5'9" backcourt time? That won't win a championship...

Even with a deng trade and boozer amnesty we would be a luxury tax team with the subsequent signings that would have to be made.... so yes the cheap thing is a fallacy...

Dunleavy can provide you the spot up shooting you need with a player like rose and can defend the three well. you can now go small and stand a chance with miami with a lineup of Rose-Jimmy-Dunleavy-Deng-Noah(or Taj)

Wrong, it's not a fallacy. Last year was the first time they dipped into the luxury, which was hilarious since they tried to be cheap but still failed and ended up in the luxury anyways(signing Kirk aka Hurt outright..lol). Why even go into the luxury when you've basically said it's a lost season without Derrick and signing all of those 1-year deals? Just so you can say, hey fans we do spend money!

You can't sign both, fine. But if you're going to dip into the tax anyways and you're in "win now" mode, why don't you try to re-sign one of those guys? Dunleavy's decent but would have preferred to have either Nate or Marco too because of their ability to create off the dribble. Not to mention either Beli or Nate were already familiar with Thibs' defensive system. Hell, even KC Johnson wondered the same thing.

Let's see if Michael Reinsdorf can buck this trend as it seems he's more passionate about the Bulls than his dad.

They have the 2nd highest payroll.... they could only sign one of the three and with Rose there is no need for Nate, you giving a 6'2" and 5'9" backcourt time? That won't win a championship...

Even with a deng trade and boozer amnesty we would be a luxury tax team with the subsequent signings that would have to be made.... so yes the cheap thing is a fallacy...

Dunleavy can provide you the spot up shooting you need with a player like rose and can defend the three well. you can now go small and stand a chance with miami with a lineup of Rose-Jimmy-Dunleavy-Deng-Noah(or Taj)

Elaborate.

Elaborate.

The team would be minus Boozer, Deng, Hinrich and our Backup center in Nazr. With Boozer amnestied our cap would sit at $47,726,196 or roughly 11 million under the cap (that is with the team options to teague and butler.) Add in the salaries of two capable replacements for deng and boozer and viable backups because our backup point is gone along with our backup center. Even if the 2 and 4 you get are 7 million a year players there must be more spots filled to have a full 12 man squad. In order to keep this championship team afloat we would have to dip into the tax again even if those players are vet min players. After this season the only people under full contract are...

Rose - 18.9 roughly
Noah - 13.15
Taj - 8
Dunleavy - 3
Snell - 1.5 roughly
Teague - 1.1 Roughly (team option)
Butler -2.1 (team option)

5 more players would need to be signed and im not even counting draft picks or exceptions that would send us over the cap again. Needless to say, With Rose and Noah taking up half of the capspace for the team... we are a luxury tax team moving forward. Again these are rough estimates but i don't really see a way around the tax. For reference i got the salaries from hoopshype.

Last edited:
I'll never understand why the owners allowed this hard cap **** in the first place.

:smh:

Those **** boys in miami ruined that for everyone.... :smh:

No the owners ruined that **** trying to take more of the profit split from the players union

They sold that hard cap **** as a means of protecting the small markets but you still have GM's giving out STUPID *** contracts. They just wanted more of the revenue split and as a result we have this madness :smh:

No the owners ruined that **** trying to take more of the profit split from the players union

They sold that hard cap **** as a means of protecting the small markets but you still have GM's giving out STUPID *** contracts. They just wanted more of the revenue split and as a result we have this madness :smh:

That along with them having control over the rosters.... they wanted to make sure players could never just join up and be paid their due worth. Three years of the heat with max contracts alone is over the cap and im only talking bosh, wade, and james.

It's too early to tell but it seems like Rose can drive a lot faster left than right.

Coast to Coast, yea, I agree, AntBanks81, he's faster than he was.

Dont know if you guys have been hearing this also but ive been reading reports that we may be keeping Mike James (who?!) Mike James :lol: to play as our third PG.

Marquis must really be struggling for them to bring Mike in to play over him.,

Gotta give it to Mike dude keeps a job :lol:

Dont know if you guys have been hearing this also but ive been reading reports that we may be keeping Mike James (who?!) Mike James :lol: to play as our third PG.

Marquis must really be struggling for them to bring Mike in to play over him.,

Gotta give it to Mike dude keeps a job :lol:

Hmmm. I know people get sick of hearing that Bulls are cheap but getting rid of a first round pick and keeping a journeyman PG with an unguaranteed contract reeks of this. I thought Teague did well when he got to play more than 10 minutes a game. I hope we keep him.

Hmmm. I know people get sick of hearing that Bulls are cheap but getting rid of a first round pick and keeping a journeyman PG with an unguaranteed contract reeks of this. I thought Teague did well when he got to play more than 10 minutes a game. I hope we keep him.

More like Teague has been ***. Dude is awful and is good at absolutely nothing.

I said this would happen 2 seconds after they called his name. I was very vocal about my disdain for that pick.

Piss Poor Decision Making. :smh:

He was BAD, VERY BAD, the entire year at UK. There was no reason for him to even get drafted, let alone in the 1st round. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom