Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

So the best argument is that Bruce was too fast for the cameras of the 70's? and that he could push his student's down real fast from an inch away?

What do you know about any of Lee's training?....... I'll wait, so I don't have to waste my fingers energy. 
Of course there are always relatives with this kind of debate, but with no rules in a "real-life" setting, I am taking Lee.

Silva aint even betting Shane Mosley.''

Wing Chun is no joke man. 
wait for what? What is there to know? I saw his documentaries. Lee was impressive. His sparring was impressive. So was Steven Seagel's. I'll say it again. Training doesn't equal fighting. Any fighter will tell you this.

So the best argument is that Bruce was too fast for the cameras of the 70's? and that he could push his student's down real fast from an inch away?

What do you know about any of Lee's training?....... I'll wait, so I don't have to waste my fingers energy. 
Of course there are always relatives with this kind of debate, but with no rules in a "real-life" setting, I am taking Lee.

wait for what? What is there to know? I saw his documentaries. Lee was impressive. His sparring was impressive. So was Steven Seagel's. I'll say it again. Training doesn't equal fighting. Any fighter will tell you this.

Thanks for answering my question. I didn't think so.

Originally Posted by JD214

If there was no Bruce Lee, there wouldn't be no Anderson Silva.

/thread
that logic isn't that great. so you're saying all those players before MJ that helped make basketball what it was when he got to the league are better?

Originally Posted by JD214

If there was no Bruce Lee, there wouldn't be no Anderson Silva.

/thread
that logic isn't that great. so you're saying all those players before MJ that helped make basketball what it was when he got to the league are better?

LMAO

anyone who picks bruce lee is delusional

wowwwww
i know that 99% of nt knows nothing about MMA or fighting and doesn't realize how much sheer size alone matters, or the fact that silva is one of the most accomplished professional fighters in the history of the world while bruce lee never fought professionally, but still....

LMAO

anyone who picks bruce lee is delusional

wowwwww
i know that 99% of nt knows nothing about MMA or fighting and doesn't realize how much sheer size alone matters, or the fact that silva is one of the most accomplished professional fighters in the history of the world while bruce lee never fought professionally, but still....

eek.gif
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I forget people can still argue this way.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Originally Posted by k3njaminz

Ummm Anderson Silva would just take him to the ground and use his jiu jitsu. Not sure if Bruce knows how maneuver his way out of a triangle or choke.

ummm  i doubt bruce is dumb enough to get in a situation. look at the vid posted above, the hand speed is incredible, being 150 lbs you would figure bruce must have fought people that out weighed him 50% of the time, his training was probably superior to anything silva does today.
you do know that Bruce Lee had the ground game in his books...if he didnt pass I'm sure he wouldve met up with Helio and learned from him

eek.gif
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I forget people can still argue this way.

Ummm Anderson Silva would just take him to the ground and use his jiu jitsu. Not sure if Bruce knows how maneuver his way out of a triangle or choke.

ummm  i doubt bruce is dumb enough to get in a situation. look at the vid posted above, the hand speed is incredible, being 150 lbs you would figure bruce must have fought people that out weighed him 50% of the time, his training was probably superior to anything silva does today.
you do know that Bruce Lee had the ground game in his books...if he didnt pass I'm sure he wouldve met up with Helio and learned from him

Of course, the "greatest martial artist to ever live" will be a favorite to win this hypothetical fight. But since one is deceased and there is no fight footage of Lee (at least not widely available) we can't really come to a conclusion who would win in a super-fight between Silva and Lee. We might as well debate an outcome between another super-fight like GSP vs. Silva, or Manny vs. Floyd, etc.

With no fight footage of Lee but a lot of footage available for Silva, it is impossible to make a call who would win. Sure, perhaps Lee had an ungodly method for training, had superhuman speed and power for his size. But we can't discredit another fighter because one seemed so superior, for his time. There is a reason Silva is rated the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world right now. It would be a spectacle to see them both fight. Why can't we just agree on disagreeing, and agree that it would be AWESOME to see a fight between Lee and Silva, or Lee and any other big name UFC fighter right now (GSP).

We can't definitively come to a conclusion who would win. Plain and simple. [/thread]

Of course, the "greatest martial artist to ever live" will be a favorite to win this hypothetical fight. But since one is deceased and there is no fight footage of Lee (at least not widely available) we can't really come to a conclusion who would win in a super-fight between Silva and Lee. We might as well debate an outcome between another super-fight like GSP vs. Silva, or Manny vs. Floyd, etc.

With no fight footage of Lee but a lot of footage available for Silva, it is impossible to make a call who would win. Sure, perhaps Lee had an ungodly method for training, had superhuman speed and power for his size. But we can't discredit another fighter because one seemed so superior, for his time. There is a reason Silva is rated the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world right now. It would be a spectacle to see them both fight. Why can't we just agree on disagreeing, and agree that it would be AWESOME to see a fight between Lee and Silva, or Lee and any other big name UFC fighter right now (GSP).

We can't definitively come to a conclusion who would win. Plain and simple. [/thread]

Originally Posted by krazyblunts

Lee's knowledge of the ground game was VERY limited.

Originally Posted by krazyblunts

Lee's knowledge of the ground game was VERY limited.

Street - Lee

Ring - Silva

For all of you saying Bruce Lee wouldn't have a chance 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He wasn't just an actor, he was widely considered THE most dangerous, unarmed man, in the world. 

Tess him! 
mad.gif

Street - Lee

Ring - Silva

For all of you saying Bruce Lee wouldn't have a chance 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He wasn't just an actor, he was widely considered THE most dangerous, unarmed man, in the world. 

Tess him! 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom