Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Yes Bruce invented a martial art, in fact he probably invented MMA, but he never fought a competitive or sanctioned fight past his teens...

That x the fact that the #1 rule of fighting is "never fight someone bigger than you" let alone 7 inches taller with twice the reach...

You guys are talking like Silva is some sort of slouch...
Silva is no slouch. Yet so much of what you're saying is idiotic. 
Martial artists are trained to FIGHT regardless of size. Only in SPORT is size broken down by weight class.

And even then, they did open weight tournaments in Pride. God FORBID someone fight someone bigger than them.

Words cannot express how foolish you sound with your "rule #1" %#$%.

Anderson is definitely a dangerous man. In a street fight, I do believe Bruce would win at all costs.

Everyone calling him an actor is also straight foolish. BIG difference between being a Martial Artist who acts (Bruce, Jet Li, Chuck) and an actor (Jackie Chan).

Bruce, Jet, hell even Steven Seagal are LEGIT fighters. LETHAL dudes.

You guys kill me. Anderson Silva walks around at 200 lbs... his reach alone is LONGER than Bruce Lee (pause.)

Yes that makes it dangerous with Bruce's wing chun discipline, but Silva is also a jiu jitsu black belt...

The larger man (when dealing with two supremely trained athletes) usually has the advantage in a sanctioned fight. (there are two many variables in a street fight so im gonna assume we're talking about two guys in a ring.)

I tried to explain that i get that bruce invented mma basically and that he was quick as *#$! and a bad man, yes that's all true. But he was 5'7" and maxed out at 150lbs and Silva is 6'2" and walks around at 200. "Size doesnt matter!!!" Clearly either most of you have never been in a real fight or you've never felt what its like to have a much larger wrestler/fighter lie on top of you. "Bruce wouldnt let silva touch him!" Based on what?!? Answer me that. Based on what??? He'd run and kick all fight? Silva has more reach. He'd take Silva to the ground? Break his elbow? Silva's a BJJ master! In stand up outside of speed he's not at a disadvantage.

Wing chun is scary to face for strikers, yes, I just don't get where you think it'd be something Silva can't overcome. You've probably never even seen a fighter use wing chun in a real fight.

Have you?

Yes Bruce invented a martial art, in fact he probably invented MMA, but he never fought a competitive or sanctioned fight past his teens...

That x the fact that the #1 rule of fighting is "never fight someone bigger than you" let alone 7 inches taller with twice the reach...

Martial artists are trained to FIGHT regardless of size. Only in SPORT is size broken down by weight class. 

And even then, they did open weight tournaments in Pride. God FORBID someone fight someone bigger than them. 

Anderson is definitely a dangerous man. In a street fight, I do believe Bruce would win at all costs. 

Everyone calling him an actor is also straight foolish. BIG difference between being a Martial Artist who acts (Bruce, Jet Li, Chuck) and an actor (Jackie Chan). 

You guys kill me.  Anderson Silva walks around at 200 lbs... his reach alone is LONGER than Bruce Lee (pause.)

Yes that makes it dangerous with Bruce's wing chun discipline, but Silva is also a jiu jitsu black belt...

The larger man (when dealing with two supremely trained athletes) usually has the advantage in a sanctioned fight. (there are two many variables in a street fight so im gonna assume we're talking about two guys in a ring.)

I tried to explain that i get that bruce invented mma basically and that he was quick as ++$@ and a bad man, yes that's all true.  But he was 5'7" and maxed out at 150lbs and Silva is 6'2" and walks around at 200.  "Size doesnt matter!!!"  Clearly either most of you have never been in a real fight or you've never felt what its like to have a much larger wrestler/fighter lie on top of you.  "Bruce wouldnt let silva touch him!"  Based on what?!?  Answer me that.  Based on what??? He'd run and kick all fight?  Silva has more reach.  He'd take Silva to the ground?  Break his elbow?  Silva's a BJJ master!  In stand up outside of speed he's not at a disadvantage. 

Wing chun is scary to face for strikers, yes, I just don't get where you think it'd be something Silva can't overcome.  You've probably never even seen a fighter use wing chun in a real fight.

Have you?
pimp.gif

this thread is insulting to anderson silva.

the man is a BJJ black belt and that's his WEAK point. he hates going to the ground because his striking is so phenomenal. lee wouldn't touch him. it would be as one-sided a fight as the lee backers claim, but it wouldn't be silva getting KO'd. 
laugh.gif

You guys kill me.  Anderson Silva walks around at 200 lbs... his reach alone is LONGER than Bruce Lee (pause.)

I tried to explain that i get that bruce invented mma basically and that he was quick as ++$@ and a bad man, yes that's all true.  But he was 5'7" and maxed out at 150lbs and Silva is 6'2" and walks around at 200.  "Size doesnt matter!!!"  Clearly either most of you have never been in a real fight or you've never felt what its like to have a much larger wrestler/fighter lie on top of you.  "Bruce wouldnt let silva touch him!"  Based on what?!?  Answer me that.  Based on what??? He'd run and kick all fight?  Silva has more reach.  He'd take Silva to the ground?  Break his elbow?  Silva's a BJJ master!  In stand up outside of speed he's not at a disadvantage. 

Wing chun is scary to face for strikers, yes, I just don't get where you think it'd be something Silva can't overcome.  You've probably never even seen a fighter use wing chun in a real fight.

Have you?
pimp.gif

this thread is insulting to anderson silva.

the man is a BJJ black belt and that's his WEAK point. he hates going to the ground because his striking is so phenomenal. lee wouldn't touch him. it would be as one-sided a fight as the lee backers claim, but it wouldn't be silva getting KO'd. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Does silva beat any of the top 10 boxers in the world? Nah
Bruce did though

pimp.gif

I remember when I was 4, i knew who "Little Dragon" aka "Ly Tieu Long" was
pimp.gif
....everyone kept talking about him ....

Bruce did though

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Bruce did though

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Real knowledge bruh! Respect.

Bruce did though

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I think it's important to note that in Silva's recent bouts as well as Machida's (Team Blackhouse) they inlisted the help of Steven Segal who is an Aikido master to help them. Now in both Silva's and Machida's last fights they both won via front kick to the face...very rare to see a fighter K.O. a person off a front kick...

Now Bruce is known for his speed and his range of kicks...also his JKD borrowed alot from different styles...epsecially Aikido.

It's said that speed is the determining factor when skill's are already superb...without a doubt both Anderson and Lee have superb skills...but if it comes down to speed...Bruce got Anderson beat. Accuracy...Bruce still has Anderson beat. People talk about Anderson's reach but what about Bruce's range/flexibility especially in the hips/legs.

I consider anderson a very unorthodox type of fighter...but he seems to stay unorthodox when trying to learn forgot moves from the past....who's a master at moves from the past...Bruce Lee.

I think it's important to note that in Silva's recent bouts as well as Machida's (Team Blackhouse) they inlisted the help of Steven Segal who is an Aikido master to help them. Now in both Silva's and Machida's last fights they both won via front kick to the face...very rare to see a fighter K.O. a person off a front kick...

Now Bruce is known for his speed and his range of kicks...also his JKD borrowed alot from different styles...epsecially Aikido.

It's said that speed is the determining factor when skill's are already superb...without a doubt both Anderson and Lee have superb skills...but if it comes down to speed...Bruce got Anderson beat. Accuracy...Bruce still has Anderson beat. People talk about Anderson's reach but what about Bruce's range/flexibility especially in the hips/legs.

I consider anderson a very unorthodox type of fighter...but he seems to stay unorthodox when trying to learn forgot moves from the past....who's a master at moves from the past...Bruce Lee.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Bruce did though

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I hope you werent being sarcastic
laugh.gif
, but in case you werent,
pimp.gif
 to the greatest

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Bruce did though

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I hope you werent being sarcastic
laugh.gif
, but in case you werent,
pimp.gif
 to the greatest

Everytime I watch this video, I shed a tear around 3:43 when the "Once upon a time in China" theme song comes on....
frown.gif

Everytime I watch this video, I shed a tear around 3:43 when the "Once upon a time in China" theme song comes on....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Silva only wanted to learn the front kick because he's a showboat.  He went into that fight decided on how he was going to finish it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Seagal also teach Silva the back elbow uppercut?  Same deal.  He spent the whole fight waiting for an opening to use it.

Silva only wanted to learn the front kick because he's a showboat.  He went into that fight decided on how he was going to finish it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Seagal also teach Silva the back elbow uppercut?  Same deal.  He spent the whole fight waiting for an opening to use it.

Silva only wanted to learn the front kick because he's a showboat.� He went into that fight decided on how he was going to finish it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Seagal also teach Silva the back elbow uppercut?� Same deal.� He spent the whole fight waiting for an opening to use it.
No. Seagel did not teach Silva those moves. Seagel didn't start training Silva until camp times for UFC 117. Silva already had these moves in his arsenal. Seagel is just full of himself. Dude bashed MMA like crazy until Black house invited him to coach.

silva_henderson_2-300x340.jpg

^UFC 82

Silva only wanted to learn the front kick because he's a showboat.� He went into that fight decided on how he was going to finish it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Seagal also teach Silva the back elbow uppercut?� Same deal.� He spent the whole fight waiting for an opening to use it.
No. Seagel did not teach Silva those moves. Seagel didn't start training Silva until camp times for UFC 117. Silva already had these moves in his arsenal. Seagel is just full of himself. Dude bashed MMA like crazy until Black house invited him to coach.

silva_henderson_2-300x340.jpg

^UFC 82

The fact that some of you are saying that Bruce Lee was just an "actor" just shows how clueless some of you are.

Silva wouldnt even get to land a punch on the man...........Like SERIOUSLY!!!!!

The fact that some of you are saying that Bruce Lee was just an "actor" just shows how clueless some of you are.

Silva wouldnt even get to land a punch on the man...........Like SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom