Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Evidence that Silva has been in real fights against real competition.
laugh.gif
how is that evidence that he will beat bruce.
OK. How about any guy you choose of your liking that you have seen NO real fighting from against a professional MMA fighter. Who are you betting on? Why does Bruce get a pass?

youre making it seem like im choosing a random bum off the street.

im betting towards the pioneer/inventor of a martial arts in his prime who has a reputation that still gets talked about almost 40 years after his death

Evidence that Silva has been in real fights against real competition.
laugh.gif
how is that evidence that he will beat bruce.
OK. How about any guy you choose of your liking that you have seen NO real fighting from against a professional MMA fighter. Who are you betting on? Why does Bruce get a pass?

youre making it seem like im choosing a random bum off the street.

im betting towards the pioneer/inventor of a martial arts in his prime who has a reputation that still gets talked about almost 40 years after his death

are you kidding me?
anderson silva wouldnt know what hit him
bruce was not of this planet
he was way too fast, i mean they had to slow down the action sequences during movies
anderson wouldn't last 5 minutes
bruce lee's counter game was crazy
anderson is way too slow ........ compared to bruce

are you kidding me?
he was way too fast, i mean they had to slow down the action sequences during movies

Originally Posted by JD214

If there was no Bruce Lee, there wouldn't be no Anderson Silva.

/thread
Not necessarily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracie_family

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

/thread
That isn't a valid argument though. What comes before doesn't mean it is better. Without Dr. J there would be no Mike Jordan. Does the same logic applies to that situation?

/thread

i wouldnt use this to justify a bruce win over silva though

Originally Posted by OneTrust

30t6p3b.gif
 at people acting like Bruce Lee was just an "actor."  He FATHERED MMA.  The same people saying Silva would beat Bruce Lee were probably the same cats that thought Bron was better than Jordan before the Finals.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Bruce Lee is the reason why Anderson and the rest of UFC fighters exist. As the old saying goes "A Master never teaches his students all his tricks"

With that being said, Bruce Lee would KILL Anderson Silva! It wouldn't be fair honestly.

I agree with these guys, That's why it's my "opinion".

and DC Basketball is a whole different thing, I see were you're going though
laugh.gif

/thread
Not necessarily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracie_family

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

/thread
That isn't a valid argument though. What comes before doesn't mean it is better. Without Dr. J there would be no Mike Jordan. Does the same logic applies to that situation?

/thread

i wouldnt use this to justify a bruce win over silva though

Originally Posted by OneTrust

30t6p3b.gif
 at people acting like Bruce Lee was just an "actor."  He FATHERED MMA.  The same people saying Silva would beat Bruce Lee were probably the same cats that thought Bron was better than Jordan before the Finals.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Bruce Lee is the reason why Anderson and the rest of UFC fighters exist. As the old saying goes "A Master never teaches his students all his tricks"

With that being said, Bruce Lee would KILL Anderson Silva! It wouldn't be fair honestly.

I agree with these guys, That's why it's my "opinion".

and DC Basketball is a whole different thing, I see were you're going though
laugh.gif

Again, that logic is faulty. The teacher never teaches all of his tricks to a student? Well, if that logic applies, wouldn't that disqualify Bruce from being greater than anyone that taught him? Please stop with the past > present mindset that we seem to have when it comes to athletics. Yes basketball is different but the same premise can be used. Because someone inspired/influenced someone means they must be greater than that person? You can't use that as an argument.

Again, that logic is faulty. The teacher never teaches all of his tricks to a student? Well, if that logic applies, wouldn't that disqualify Bruce from being greater than anyone that taught him? Please stop with the past > present mindset that we seem to have when it comes to athletics. Yes basketball is different but the same premise can be used. Because someone inspired/influenced someone means they must be greater than that person? You can't use that as an argument.

Originally Posted by daantimpire

are you kidding me?
so the fastest guy always win ay?

some of yall really are clueless... clearly have no real world experience in the matter...

again silva is 6'2 with a 78 inch reach... thats like a foot on Bruce

i dont care how fast his hands were they simply arnt long enough for him to dominate in a striking match with the spider

Originally Posted by daantimpire

are you kidding me?
so the fastest guy always win ay?

some of yall really are clueless... clearly have no real world experience in the matter...

again silva is 6'2 with a 78 inch reach... thats like a foot on Bruce

i dont care how fast his hands were they simply arnt long enough for him to dominate in a striking match with the spider

So the best argument is that Bruce was too fast for the cameras of the 70's? and that he could push his student's down real fast from an inch away?

So the best argument is that Bruce was too fast for the cameras of the 70's? and that he could push his student's down real fast from an inch away?

Yea I don't care if someone says either one would win if they had a valid argument but some of the supporting arguments some of you have thrown out are laughable.

Yea I don't care if someone says either one would win if they had a valid argument but some of the supporting arguments some of you have thrown out are laughable.

bruce lee:

Fight history

Lee was involved in competitive fights, some of which were arranged while others were not. Dan Inosanto stated, "There's no doubt in my mind that if Bruce Lee had gone into pro boxing, he could easily have ranked in the top three in the lightweight division or junior-welterweight division".[42]
Lee defeated three-time champion British boxer Gary Elms by way of knockout in the third round in the 1958 Hong Kong Inter-School amateur Boxing Championships by using Wing Chun traps and high/low-level straight punches.[43]
The following year, Lee became a member of the "Tigers of Junction Street," and was involved in numerous gang-related street fights. "In one of his last encounters, while removing his jacket the fellow he was squaring off against sucker punched him and blackened his eye. Bruce flew into a rage and went after him, knocking him out, breaking his opponent's arm. The police were called as a result".[44] The incident took place on a Hong Kong rooftop at 10 pm on Wednesday, 29 April 1959.[45] In 1962, Lee knocked out Uechi, a Japanese black belt Karateka, in 11 seconds in a 1962 Full-Contact match in Seattle. It was refereed by Jesse Glover. The incident took place in Seattle at a YMCA handball court. Taki Kamura says the battle lasted 10 seconds in contrary to Hart's statement.[46] Ed Hart states "The karate man arrived in his gi (uniform), complete with black belt, while Bruce showed up in his street clothes and simply took off his shoes. The fight lasted exactly 11 seconds – I know because I was the time keeper – and Bruce had hit the guy something like 15 times and kicked him once. I thought he'd killed him".[47]

from the wikipedia ...

there are innumerable anecdotes one being that he broke his back several times in competition ... he was a tough !!+*$%##+***, so much so that he was actually the FIRST documented death by way of marijuana ... LOL!!!

silva would have a chance, but then again so would superman ...

bruce lee:

Fight history

Lee was involved in competitive fights, some of which were arranged while others were not. Dan Inosanto stated, "There's no doubt in my mind that if Bruce Lee had gone into pro boxing, he could easily have ranked in the top three in the lightweight division or junior-welterweight division".[42]
Lee defeated three-time champion British boxer Gary Elms by way of knockout in the third round in the 1958 Hong Kong Inter-School amateur Boxing Championships by using Wing Chun traps and high/low-level straight punches.[43]
The following year, Lee became a member of the "Tigers of Junction Street," and was involved in numerous gang-related street fights. "In one of his last encounters, while removing his jacket the fellow he was squaring off against sucker punched him and blackened his eye. Bruce flew into a rage and went after him, knocking him out, breaking his opponent's arm. The police were called as a result".[44] The incident took place on a Hong Kong rooftop at 10 pm on Wednesday, 29 April 1959.[45] In 1962, Lee knocked out Uechi, a Japanese black belt Karateka, in 11 seconds in a 1962 Full-Contact match in Seattle. It was refereed by Jesse Glover. The incident took place in Seattle at a YMCA handball court. Taki Kamura says the battle lasted 10 seconds in contrary to Hart's statement.[46] Ed Hart states "The karate man arrived in his gi (uniform), complete with black belt, while Bruce showed up in his street clothes and simply took off his shoes. The fight lasted exactly 11 seconds – I know because I was the time keeper – and Bruce had hit the guy something like 15 times and kicked him once. I thought he'd killed him".[47]

from the wikipedia ...

there are innumerable anecdotes one being that he broke his back several times in competition ... he was a tough !!+*$%##+***, so much so that he was actually the FIRST documented death by way of marijuana ... LOL!!!

silva would have a chance, but then again so would superman ...

What do you know about any of Lee's training?....... I'll wait, so I don't have to waste my fingers energy. 
Of course there are always relatives with this kind of debate, but with no rules in a "real-life" setting, I am taking Lee.

Silva aint even beating Shane Mosley.''

Wing Chun is no joke man. 

What do you know about any of Lee's training?....... I'll wait, so I don't have to waste my fingers energy. 
Of course there are always relatives with this kind of debate, but with no rules in a "real-life" setting, I am taking Lee.

Silva aint even beating Shane Mosley.''

Wing Chun is no joke man. 

Back
Top Bottom