BREAKING NEWS: Yao's career might be over

Whoever signs these guys to big contracts needs to learn their lesson. Big guys have a short lifespan

Whoever signs these guys to big contracts needs to learn their lesson. Big guys have a short lifespan

Should have gotten rid of this clown three year ago. Dude was/is too soft for his size. And for all the skills he has, he lacks in common sense (grabbing an offensive rebound and bringing it down to your waist, attempting a lay-up instead of dunking, etc.). I feel like for all he was worth, the Rockets invested too much time trying to mold him into something he wasn't capable of becoming.

Should have gotten rid of this clown three year ago. Dude was/is too soft for his size. And for all the skills he has, he lacks in common sense (grabbing an offensive rebound and bringing it down to your waist, attempting a lay-up instead of dunking, etc.). I feel like for all he was worth, the Rockets invested too much time trying to mold him into something he wasn't capable of becoming.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

wow  
indifferent.gif
 at what you wrote

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Rockets shoulda made sure he was ready to play this season.

4llkzt.png

But I don't see why his career needs to be done. This isn't the middle ages. Medical technology makes it possible for doctors to basically rebuild his ankle completely, so why doesn't he do that? That's what they did to Grant Hill after he made the same mistake and tried coming back before he was ready. They pumped it full of calcium now it's twice as big as his other ankle (couldn't find a pic). He should really talk to Grant who has experience with this, just like Grant talked with Ilgauskas whose ankle injuries forced him to sit out like 85% of possible games between 1999 and 2001 seasons, before he started playing again, and then Ilgauskas had 5 straight seasons where he played at least 78 games in a season. The same with Hill, who is averaging 75+ games per season with the Suns the past 3½ seasons. Yao will probably be 31-32 again before he recovers and his prime will probably be over, but he'll still be one of the best centers in the league. He'll be older than Ilgauskas when he fully shook off the ghost of his injury, but he'll be younger than Grant (who is playing really well now at 38).

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Rockets shoulda made sure he was ready to play this season.

4llkzt.png

But I don't see why his career needs to be done. This isn't the middle ages. Medical technology makes it possible for doctors to basically rebuild his ankle completely, so why doesn't he do that? That's what they did to Grant Hill after he made the same mistake and tried coming back before he was ready. They pumped it full of calcium now it's twice as big as his other ankle (couldn't find a pic). He should really talk to Grant who has experience with this, just like Grant talked with Ilgauskas whose ankle injuries forced him to sit out like 85% of possible games between 1999 and 2001 seasons, before he started playing again, and then Ilgauskas had 5 straight seasons where he played at least 78 games in a season. The same with Hill, who is averaging 75+ games per season with the Suns the past 3½ seasons. Yao will probably be 31-32 again before he recovers and his prime will probably be over, but he'll still be one of the best centers in the league. He'll be older than Ilgauskas when he fully shook off the ghost of his injury, but he'll be younger than Grant (who is playing really well now at 38).

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Yao, as is his nature, was upbeat in light of a setback that throws a shadow over his future.

"I haven't died," he said. "Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken. What were you expecting, a funeral?"

good for him for staying so positive.

laugh.gif
 I remember when he came to the league, he couldn't speak English, and now he's drinking a beer w/ fried chicken. He really did become American
laugh.gif

China ruined his career. Big men have a propensity to break down, and playing 12mo/year through injury was just ******ed. I feel bad because he has alot of heart too. I still remember during that lakers/rockets playoff game 2 years ago when he got hurt, TNT showing him live getting pissed off in the tunnel, pushing a trainer off, turning around and getting back in the game and helping them get the W, and it wasn't any Paul Pierce @%$!...I'll always have respect for him after that even though his career didn't go the way it should have.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Yao, as is his nature, was upbeat in light of a setback that throws a shadow over his future.

"I haven't died," he said. "Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken. What were you expecting, a funeral?"

good for him for staying so positive.

laugh.gif
 I remember when he came to the league, he couldn't speak English, and now he's drinking a beer w/ fried chicken. He really did become American
laugh.gif

China ruined his career. Big men have a propensity to break down, and playing 12mo/year through injury was just ******ed. I feel bad because he has alot of heart too. I still remember during that lakers/rockets playoff game 2 years ago when he got hurt, TNT showing him live getting pissed off in the tunnel, pushing a trainer off, turning around and getting back in the game and helping them get the W, and it wasn't any Paul Pierce @%$!...I'll always have respect for him after that even though his career didn't go the way it should have.

Back
Top Bottom