Breaking News: Multiple People Shot Near Empire State Building

any news on what lead up to the shooting?
or was it a random moment?
It was an argument between 2 people, the argument got heated and one drew a gun, innocent bystanders were hit, 1 bystander killed and cops shot and killed the gunman

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/shot_at_empire_state_building_Ycd08ZMPwDQf7r8qSKX3yO
According to someone inside the ESB right now that I know, her coworker had the gun pointed at her right before police took out the shooter.

Word inside ESB is that its a disgruntled employee that works there.

Just heard it was an employee that was fired yesterday. He shot and killed his manager. POS this is a sick world we live in.

Figured it was some loony who wanted to start some ish because of the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, which is about two weeks away. That's what I'm talking about.

what? how did you get to that conclusion? that doesn't even...never mind..

[h1]At least two people killed, seven wounded in shooting near Empire State building amid midtown Manhattan morning rush[/h1][h2]Shooter wore grey suit as he opened fire along 34th St. and Fifth Ave. — near the the iconic midtown skyscraper[/h2]Comments (34)[h3]By Rich Schapiro , Joe Kemp AND Larry Mcshane / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS[/h3][h5]Published: Friday, August 24, 2012, 9:30 AM[/h5][h5]Updated: Friday, August 24, 2012, 10:30 AM[/h5]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]
Facebook
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
Twitter
[/td][td] [/td][td]
StumbleUpon
[/td][td]
Tumblr
[/td][td]
Email
[/td][/tr][/table]
Print

[table][tr][td]
Facebook
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Twitter
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
StumbleUpon
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Tumblr
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Email
[/td][/tr][/table]

empire-shooting-body-pixilated-use-this-one.jpg
[h4]New York Daily News[/h4][h4]A victim was sprawled on the sidewalk outside the Empire State Building in Manhattan.[/h4]

[h5]Related Stories[/h5]
inform.jpg

A cold-blooded killer was gunned down by police Friday morning after he pumped two bullets into a man outside an entrance to the Empire State Building, cops and witnesses said.

Seven other people were wounded when the gunfire erupted shortly after 9 a.m. on the crowded rush hour sidewalks outside the iconic midtown skyscraper.

The shooting was apparently sparked by a dispute between co-workers at a business located inside the Empire State, sources told the Daily News.

Construction worker Chris Ogden was working on a scaffold above the building’s 33rd St. entrance when he watched in disbelief as the gunman — in a suit and carrying a briefcase — opened fire.

“He shot the guy in the head,” said Ogden, 23. “The guy went down. He took a second shot when he was down.”

The well-dressed shooter then “walked down the block, like nothing was happening, real casual,” Ogden said. “We were screaming from the top, ‘It’s the guy in the grey suit!’”

empire-state-shooting.jpg
[h4]New York Daily News[/h4][h4]People on the street were kept at a distance by police officers near the Empire State Building.[/h4]

The gunman then turned the corner onto Fifth Ave., where he was shot to death by cops.

“The shot rang out, and everybody started running,” said another witness, a 40-year-old truck driver. “Oh man, there must have been 12 or 13 shots. It was amazing.”

It was unclear if the slain gunman opened fire on the wounded victims, or if they were caught in the crossfire outside the 102-story building.

The wounded were all taken to Bellevue Medical Center, police said.

WATCH THE VIDEO

[email protected]

article-empire-state-bldg-0824.jpg
[h4]WABC[/h4][h4]Shooting at the Empire State Building[/h4]
shooting-twitter.jpg
[h4]via Twitter/@BicyclesOnly[/h4][h4]A shooting at the Empire State Building left several people shot.[/h4]

abc-news-7.jpg
[h4]WABC[/h4][h4]Authorities rushed to the Empire State Building on Friday morning.[/h4]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-morning-rush-article-1.1143522#ixzz24TSzwfM1

Last edited:
Figured it was some loony who wanted to start some ish because of the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, which is about two weeks away. That's what I'm talking about.

what? how did you get to that conclusion? that doesn't even...never mind..

Yea, keep it movin'. Not about me or my assumption.

Hope everyone makes a speedy recovery. Damn shame.

Last edited:
Damn, disgruntled employee 
tired.gif

Be easy, you'll get that unemployment check....and today was friday. The weather here in NY is great, homie should've gone to the beach and relaxed.

Sigh....RIP to the innocent lives lost, and hopefully those injured make a full recovery. Seriously I don't understand these people, you got fired so you shoot up innocent citizens?? theres people who have way less in the world than them and these selfish aholes ruin other families over this nonsense. Not to take away from this but in Chicago last night 19 people were injured by gun violence, 13 of them in THIRTY MINUTES...smh man we really need to do better as a collective nation. I don't want my future children growing up in a world shaped by this illogical violence, I just really hope those who are injured pull through with a complete recovery. This has got to stop, guns aren't "cool" and don't make you "hard"....can't control idiots and psychos though

lol they really have this guy interviewed on channel 7...the same guy who wanted Lil Wayne to apologize lol.....ehhhh

Last edited:
Damn. We can never seem to escape the ghosts of our past. :smh:

FIrst of all, what the **** are you talking about?

Are you ****** serious? 

First of all, the guy is like THREE weeks off.  :smh:

My dude. It's over. It was an err on my part. I've already surrendered that.

Now you want to take this thread to a whole 'nother place with your own agenda. It aint about you fam.

Damn. We can never seem to escape the ghosts of our past.
mean.gif

FIrst of all, what the **** are you talking about?

Are you ****** serious? 

First of all, the guy is like THREE weeks off.  
mean.gif
My dude. It's over. It was an err on my part. I've already surrendered that.

Now you want to take this thread to a whole 'nother place with your own agenda. It aint about you fam.
First of all, you didn't "already" surrender anything. 

Second of all, stop retroactively apologizing like you said something you had not. 

You sounded foolish and got called out on it. 

The last thing we need is more immediate conspiracy without all the facts, which are still coming out.  

You dudes are out here making conclusions on things you don't even fully understand. This JUST happened. Give it some time. 

Alex Jones hasn't even finished recording his video yet. 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
oh man, i live on e23st its literally around the corner from my and i jog to 42nd and back every morning, something told me to sleep in today and get more rest today and then this happens :smh:

Nypd is trigger happy, they didn't have to kill the shooter.. The cops in Colorado didn't kill james holmes and he shot more people

Second of all, stop retroactively apologizing like you said something you had not. 

The last thing we need is more immediate conspiracy without all the facts, which are still coming out.  

You dudes are out here making conclusions on things you don't even fully understand. This JUST happened. Give it some time. 

Alex Jones hasn't even finished recording his video yet. :rolleyes

Why don't you back off him a little bit - He just stated a theory - I'm a NYCer - I have a theory the guy is a psychopath who just wants to watch the world burn. Who cares. It's a theory. Maybe he was a disgruntled employee. Maybe he had a personal vendetta. Maybe he wanted to go out like a monster.

Stop being so sensitive and realize this is a message board where people can voice their opinons without the need for others to jump on their back. He even apologized.

Next time show some respect and shut your mouth.

Alex Jones hasn't even finished recording his video yet. 
eyes.gif
Why don't you back off him a little bit - He just stated a theory - I'm a NYCer - I have a theory the guy is a psychopath who just wants to watch the world burn. Who cares. It's a theory. Maybe he was a disgruntled employee. Maybe he had a personal vendetta. Maybe he wanted to go out like a monster.

Stop being so sensitive and realize this is a message board where people can voice their opinons without the need for others to jump on their back. He even apologized.

Next time show some respect and shut your mouth.
A. I don't care where you're from. This dude tried to link it to 9/11 on 8/24. Not my problem if you're going keep sprouting off then get mad when you get called out on it. It sounds ridiculous to me and I said what it means to me.

B. I don't care what your personal opinion is. You have yours. I have mine. I didn't shut him down anymore than he wanted to be "shut down." I said my piece. He's free to say his. Just don't think you're free to go around linking this to a random date when not only are you off by three-weeks, you're just making primary assumptions on a very fresh event. Its irresponsible. But hey, being irresponsible isn't illegal, nor is it prohibited. Stop acting like you can't be checked on it though. 

C. Showing respect in your eyes is: "Censor yourself and stop posting things I don't like to read!" No. I won't, and I don't have to. 

Stop acting like "oh well thats just his opinion" then when I say my piece its "wow you're jumping on his back" 

Yeah right. Miss me with that. 

The event happened 2 hours ago now everyone is trying to pull out the conspiracy banner. 

SLOW. DOWN. 

Back
Top Bottom