BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

laugh.gif
I'm not giving Ben Roethlisberger the quarterback credit for making a tackle in 2005...

And that last drive in 2008 was very good. The rest of the game? Meh.

I have to agree with what Gunna and DreClark. Qbs aren't the end all reason a team wins a SB. However, Big Ben v McNabb is a tough debate. I can't sayone is better than the other. Back to Vick though, I didn't find his press conference awkward at all and am glad he's taking a turn for the better. Iactually wish they put Eagles mini-camp practice on NFL Network tomorrow. That place is going to be crazy. Vick is not getting any sleep tonight.

McNabb in his prime vs. Ben, you're comparing two completely differenty types of QB's. Even now it's not really close. McNabb has always been aplaymaking QB, be it by his legs or more recently by his arm. Big Ben will get pegged as the game manager type with great leadership qualities.

I'm a Steelers fan and I understand where the knock on Ben comes from. Dude is inconsistent and plays reckless as hell.

I wouldn't call him a top 3 qb (he might not be top 5, dependin' on who you ask) but if he gets it together and starts to pick up that consistency,he'll be there.

All this "he has more rings, so he's better" is crazy though.

Let's be real, if Ben didn't have those rings, this convo wouldn't be takin' place. Period. He wouldn't be mentioned with the "TopTier" QBs.

Brees and Rivers RIGHT NOW are better QBs than Ben IMO.

Dude is inconsistent and plays reckless as hell.
He has one bad year and he's inconsistent? Oh yeah, he was coming off a crazy offseason, too... and man, that inconsistency has him with 2rings just a few years into the league.

Ya know - it's amazing the things you guys DO value as "fans"... a guy like Mike Vick gets all the love in the world here because of what? Thena guy like Ben gets !#%* on constantly because he doesn't perform up to the level of niketalk's high standards
laugh.gif

I also think it's hilarious that i get considered some kind of crazy person around here for speaking out against such idiocy, yet at seasons end I'mnever the one retiring for 6 months out of shame.

What some of you will come to realize eventually is that I'm a voice of reason around here - I don't make outrageous statements like shoes, fresh, andmike just to get attention for myself. But I guess that makes me in the minority here, since everyone of you guys swears your going to win the superbowl thisyear despite no evidence to make a sane person think that way, and yet the two times my team HAS won the superbowl I was never making loud statements promisingsuch a thing.

just funny how it works... i am always told I'm wrong here, yet I rarely get proven to be.

last thing this man needs is to fail a drug test.

man will still have his speed. just like darrell green, it's god given.

July 21, 2009

Vick has been working with trainer Shaw for weeks
Quarterback Michael Vick became a free man after completing a nearly two-year sentence for his involvement in a dog fighting operation. But his attempt to return to the NFL began several weeks ago.

Vick hired speed and conditioning coach Tom Shaw, who has spent the past three weekends training the former Falcons star in the backyard of Vick's suburban Virginia home.

Shaw, who lists Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler among his former clients on his website, normally trains athletes at Disney's Wide World of Sports. But Vick spent the past two months under home confinement until completing his sentence Monday.

Vick, 29, has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL and has to be reinstated by commissioner Roger Goodell.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday, "The review of his status is ongoing. We are providing no other details at this time.''

Vick has kept a low profile since his release from federal prison, where he served 18 months of his sentence. He doesn't want his comeback attempt to make him a more polarizing figure, the way news reports have hurt Brett Favre.

Shaw said Vick is in good shape and naturally fast enough to run a 4.4 40-yard dash at this time. But Shaw has been working with Vick on 'explosive movement.' While Vick has spent about 1 hour per day on a treadmill during home confinement, most of his training has been distance running for conditioning purposes.

Although there has been a lot of speculation that Vick might be forced to play another position if he is able to return to the NFL, Shaw said the training program for Vick is geared to specifically sharpen his skills as a quarterback.

It's unknown which teams might have an interest in Vick, who likely would prefer an audience with Vick as soon as possible with training camps set to open in the NFL in two weeks.

"He knows he's made a mistake, he's very remorseful and he's very humble,'' Shaw said.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

What some of you will come to realize eventually is that I'm a voice of reason around here
roll.gif

If I cared enough to go back and look, I could pull up some of the dumbest things ever said on NT, and they'd be authored by you. If I'msupposed to care that you think that's funny, I don't. You're a joke to me.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

What some of you will come to realize eventually is that I'm a voice of reason around here
roll.gif
If I cared enough to go back and look, I could pull up some of the dumbest things ever said on NT, and they'd be authored by you. If I'm supposed to care that you think that's funny, I don't. You're a joke to me.

Why are you taking things so seriously? Relax.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

roll.gif
If I cared enough to go back and look, I could pull up some of the dumbest things ever said on NT, and they'd be authored by you. If I'm supposed to care that you think that's funny, I don't. You're a joke to me.

Why are you taking things so seriously? Relax.
i was the one who came in here laughing at the off-the-wall assessments being made - then everybody gets all hurt and has to start calling meout... mike follows me around in threads just to chime in with "there's craftsy talking out of his $%+ again". Dude has a serious crush on me orsomething. It's pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom