BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

well good for him...glad someone signed him. im glad it's an nfc team
laugh.gif

Im glad hes found a home somewhere! The guy deserves a second chance at LIFE. IMO he didnt deserve the punishment that he received and i know im gonna get alot of +$$* for saying that, but thats just my opinion. PUCK FETA!

So the Bangles offered a 2 years-2.9 mil(somewhere around there) to vick
i wonder who else offered

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

So the Bangles offered a 2 years-2.9 mil(somewhere around there) to vick
i wonder who else offered
could you imagine vick on the bengals?!
laugh.gif
bengals locker room already = ex-con galore.

You need to settle down
roll.gif
roll.gif

Don't come I here tellin' me what I value as a fan and what I don't. You don't even know me...

Ben is inconsistent, point blank. I don't care about the "4th quarter comebacks". If he wasn't out there throwin' like an !$#%+*%, hewouldn't need those comebacks. He's constantly havin' up and down games.

You can tell from the '07 season that he has the potential to be an elite QB, he just has to cut out all that extra !*#$ on the field and just playfootball.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

You need to settle down
roll.gif
roll.gif

Don't come I here tellin' me what I value as a fan and what I don't. You don't even know me...

Ben is inconsistent, point blank. I don't care about the "4th quarter comebacks". If he wasn't out there throwin' like an !$#%+*%, he wouldn't need those comebacks. He's constantly havin' up and down games.

You can tell from the '07 season that he has the potential to be an elite QB, he just has to cut out all that extra !*#$ on the field and just play football.
Ben will rarely put up good numbers. He is capable of doing it, but the Steelers are never going to be an air-it-out team until they'relosing... which the last 10 years, they haven't been losing that many games.

So people will always say things like he's a game manager, or he's inconsistent. He's been top 5 in QB rating 3 of his 5 years in the league...that means for 3 full seasons, he was a phenom. What of the years he wasn't? Well last year was one of those years, and he won a superbowl and playpretty damn well in the playoffs. And the other year? After his motorcycle offseason.

If you can name me 3 quarterbacks who have been more consistent over the last 5 years, I'd love to hear them. The ONLY two guys who have been up therewith him are Peyton and Brady, and everybody knows they're 1 and 2.

The only other guys with an argument for being more consistent in that rating over 5 years..... Donovan and Brees. And both are a tough argument consideringneither have playoff success like Ben.

I don't know what the hell you want out of the guy... his numbers are more efficient than anybody but Brady and Manning, his wins are as good as anybodybut Brady, but he'll never get appreciated for it (even by his own fans, apparently) because of the fact that his numbers aren't huge.

I mean.. the guy can't just call his own number all the time to pad his stats.. what the hell do you want.

Is he a risk taker? Sure... but so far have they worked out more often than they haven't? By far. I mean, you just don't have a leg to stand on withthis argument.. period.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

What some of you will come to realize eventually is that I'm a voice of reason around here
roll.gif
If I cared enough to go back and look, I could pull up some of the dumbest things ever said on NT, and they'd be authored by you. If I'm supposed to care that you think that's funny, I don't. You're a joke to me.

see now your talking straight out of your %*@, dont mix me up with Fresh or shoes

mike follows me around in threads just to chime in with "there's craftsy talking out of his $%+ again". Dude has a serious crush on me or something. It's pathetic.
grin.gif

so the fact that the Steelers are an incredible team has nothing to do with Ben's playoff success? The first ring he got, he had VERY LITTLE to do withtheir win. He played HORRIBLY!

The second one, he HIMSELF admitted he thought he threw the game away, but Holmes made a spectacular catch.

I don't doubt that any of the QBs listed could be as successful with the Pittsburgh team Ben has had the privilege of playing with these past few years.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Good to see somebody signed him.. It would of been nice to have a Vick Raider jersey tho..
laugh.gif

Sure...true. Would have been nice to see Vick on the Raiders as I think he would have been a big help for them. But you know the Raiders don't do nothinright.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

so the fact that the Steelers are an incredible team has nothing to do with Ben's playoff success? The first ring he got, he had VERY LITTLE to do with their win. He played HORRIBLY!

The second one, he HIMSELF admitted he thought he threw the game away, but Holmes made a spectacular catch.

I don't doubt that any of the QBs listed could be as successful with the Pittsburgh team Ben has had the privilege of playing with these past few years.

This type of stuff is so circumstantial... "well, if this happened and this happened, then maybe this happens!!"... Like, none of this stuff holdsup, and worse yet, you can't prove any of these quarterbacks would perform as well in the same situation.

That's why we have stats like QB rating, that measure efficiency and not just see how many TD's you can throw if you get 50 throws a game. It's abalancing measure to actually determine who's doing the most with their opportunities. I don't know why that gets ignored so much and thrown to theside.

To address the rest of what you're saying - the steelers wouldn't have been in that first superbowl if ben hadn't carried them through 2 of thoseplayoff games. Everybody has to step up at different times in the playoffs, rarely will one guy carry an entire team through to a ring. So I don't seewhy everyone critiques him for the SB but won't give him credit for the playoff games that year.

The second one - he ended up leading them to victory in the end, not sure how you can really complain.. yeah he "almost" threw the game away, butdidn't. This ain't horseshoes, you gonna penalize people for almost?

If Mike Vick had all these accolades and I tried to argue against him the way you guys are!???
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
i can't imagine the backlash... it's like, take ben's name and change it to someone else you guys happen to like, and you're givinghim credit all of a sudden. It's just messed up the way you guys let emotions keep you from being reasonable.

I also think it's hilarious that i get considered some kind of crazy person around here for speaking out against such idiocy, yet at seasons end I'm never the one retiring for 6 months out of shame.
laugh.gif
Got em'

Craftsy you do sound like a hater though. Just let the Vick celebration rock

I'm watching the Press Conference now.

I just wanted to ask what are peoples thoughts on Eagles Owner Jeffrey Lurie's comments?

Originally Posted by 0cks

I also think it's hilarious that i get considered some kind of crazy person around here for speaking out against such idiocy, yet at seasons end I'm never the one retiring for 6 months out of shame.
laugh.gif
Got em'

Craftsy you do sound like a hater though. Just let the Vick celebration rock

I am a hater - but that doesn't mean I'm not right.
happy.gif

I don't have a leg to stand on? Why not?
laugh.gif

You're usin' a TEAM'S playoff succsess to help you in an argument about INDIVIDUAL play, which is what we're talkin' about.

What does McNabb and Brees not having success in the playoffs have to do with them being better, more consistent PLAYERS than Ben? Nothing...

Don't give me "QB Ratings" to help make your argument either, because those don't always tell the whole story...

Ben just so happens to be good "when it counts" and "when it counts" is not as hard as people are makin' it seem.

In Ben's case, if you have a D that puts you in a position to win games by not allowing the opposition to score very many points you're gonna have ahigh QB rating, if you're good enough, which he happens to be.

Like you said (Craftsy), those "ratings" help measure the effcientcy of a QB in a season, not how good or CONSISTENT of a player he was THROUGHT.There's a difference.

Was he consistent in "comback wins"? Sure. But his overall play lacks at times.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I don't have a leg to stand on? Why not?
laugh.gif

You're usin' a TEAM'S playoff succsess to help you in an argument about INDIVIDUAL play, which is what we're talkin' about.

What does McNabb and Brees not having success in the playoffs have to do with them being better, more consistent PLAYERS than Ben? Nothing...

Don't give me "QB Ratings" to help make your argument either, because those don't always tell the whole story...

Ben just so happens to be good "when it counts" and "when it counts" is not as hard as people are makin' it seem.

In Ben's case, if you have a D that puts you in a position to win games by not allowing the opposition to score very many points you're gonna have a high QB rating, if you're good enough, which he happens to be.

Like you said (Craftsy), those "ratings" help measure the effcientcy of a QB in a season, not how good or CONSISTENT of a player he was THROUGHT. There's a difference.

Was he consistent in "comback wins"? Sure. But his overall play lacks at times.

But you're bagging on him.. who's better? Who's more consistent? QB ratings so nobody but the big 2. How can you argue differently? you actlike these other guys are money day in day out, it's tough being an NFL QB - he's 3rd best, clearly. Prove otherwise.

http://sports.espn.go.com...es/news/story?id=4399922

[h4]MICHAEL VICK'S MADDEN RATINGS[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Attributes[/th] [th=""]Michael Vick
Madden 10[/th] [th=""]Michael Vick
Madden 08[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Overall Rating[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]90[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Speed[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]94[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Agility[/td] [td]94[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Acceleration[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw Power[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw Accuracy[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Short Accuracy[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mid Accuracy[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Deep Accuracy[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Play Action[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw on Run[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Awareness[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]74[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Elusiveness[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Juke Move[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Spin Move[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ball Carrier Vision[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]95[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carrying[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]50[/td] [/tr][/table]

much better than i thought they'd be.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What exactly are you asking? You want me to tell you who I think is better?

Yes, I think Brees and McNabb are better QBs than Roethlisberger is, but that's just my opinion. I'm not tryna make it a fact or anything.

I never said thoes guys were "money day in and day out", they are moreso than Ben is, though.

Again, he's not a bad quarterback by any means. He just needs to pick it up a bit and he's hitting his prime, so maybe that's coming.

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

[h4]MICHAEL VICK'S MADDEN RATINGS[/h4] [table][tr][th=""]Attributes[/th] [th=""]Michael Vick
Madden 08[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Overall Rating[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]90[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Speed[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]94[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Agility[/td] [td]94[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Acceleration[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw Power[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw Accuracy[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Short Accuracy[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mid Accuracy[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Deep Accuracy[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Play Action[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw on Run[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Awareness[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]74[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Elusiveness[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Juke Move[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Spin Move[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ball Carrier Vision[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]95[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carrying[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]50[/td] [/tr][/table]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

he's my starter lol

Originally Posted by XCellzisCrack

[h4]MICHAEL VICK'S MADDEN RATINGS[/h4] [table][tr][th=""]Attributes[/th] [th=""]Michael Vick

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

he's my starter lol
95 throw on the run
sick.gif
smh.gif

looks like it's back to the good ol' days of dominating with Vick...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by XCellzisCrack

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

he's my starter lol
95 throw on the run
sick.gif
smh.gif

looks like it's back to the good ol' days of dominating with Vick...
pimp.gif

co-sign, its official...eagles are my team. Sorry d-nabb your grabbin some bench for '10
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom