BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by dreClark

Does winning superbowls automatically make QB A. better than QB B?

No it does not .
If u put Ben on a team with a sorry Defense, his hold the ball, careless throw style of play would get EXPOSED

Big Ben with 12 superbowl rings still aint a better QB than someone like Dan Marino with None.
Ben benefits from playing on a great team.

I see your point but your bringing the whole team into it.

If we are talking strickly QBs, one that wins superbowls > one that dont.
But how are you to say that the Steelers won strictly because of their QB. Superbowls are not an Individual achievement. And as a Steeler'sfan I would have to hope you agree that Ben did NOT win that superbowl but your defense did. If anything Ben is the reason they almost lost last yearsSuperbowl.

Ben, McNabb, and maybe even Eli may be fighting it out for that 5th spot. But that doesnt mean that they are anywhere near Brady, Peyton, or Brees. Those guysare in a league of their own as far as the QB postition is concerned.

laugh.gif
it's the same argument against Ben here. it's defense this and that. you can't say he used the run game because we're ranked 23rd. everyqb needs a good/great defense. peyton didn't get his til his defense came around. Bradys defense has always been in the top 10 when he won the chip, likeevery qb this decade

I don't see how you can use a team award to say that an individual player is better than the other.

Coach vs. Coach? Maybe, go right ahead.

Team vs. Team? Sure, have at it.

Player vs. Player? NO.

McNabb has had strong defenses in his though, just putting that out there.

But Trent Dilfer is not > Dan Marino because of one game.
smh.gif
LOT of things have to go ones way to win a super bowl. Ben has benefited greatly, but he has also been clutch in spots too. He's a rare breedin that regard. But it don't make him a top 5 QB.

laugh.gif
Uhh peyton manning has won many a NFL game despite playin with a subpar defense.
U have got to be kidding me. The colts D? The colts...

smh.gif

This aint even a good discussion
Shoulda bowed outta this thread when craftsy popped up with his rolling faces

lets put it this way if everything else on the team is equal
who would you take Ben Roethlisberger or McNabb or Brees or whoever is that range
that question is not as easily answered IMO. could alot of ways

*waiting for another reponse of*

6 rings > 0 rings
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

DaComeUP wrote:

Bigmike23 wrote:

cincy offered vick more money and they still said no

No they didn't. 2.3 mill over two years. Vick has 1.6 mill this year and a chance to make 5.2 mill next year. So this deal gives Vick more flexibility to leave if he performs well enough because 5.6 is a lot for a backup. The Eagles are just overall a better organization it's a no brainer.

on the Dan patrick show them made it seem like it was 2.3 million his 1st year in cincy

Jay Glazer of FOX reported just before Michel Vick's press conference in Philadelphia that the Bengals had offered him a two-year deal worth $2.3 millionbefore taking the Eagles contract for $1.6 million with a second-year option of $5.2 million.

Why do some of you keep arguing with the same dumb +%$ people who respond with dumb %+$* in every thread?

What a silly argument. In a sport as complex as football in terms of team involvement...are you dudes seriously trying to sit up here and say that a QB whowins a SB is automatically better than one who doesn't...based on that alone?

laugh.gif
Uhh peyton manning has won many a NFL game despite playin with a subpar defense.

smh.gif

This aint even a good discussion
Shoulda bowed outta this thread when craftsy popped up with his rolling faces
Peyton is 7-8 in the Playoffs in his career. That's a career losing record in the playoffs. So, no Peyton has just won many meaninglessregular season games.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Does winning superbowls automatically make QB A. better than QB B?

No it does not .
If u put Ben on a team with a sorry Defense, his hold the ball, careless throw style of play would get EXPOSED

Big Ben with 12 superbowl rings still aint a better QB than someone like Dan Marino with None.
Ben benefits from playing on a great team.

I see your point but your bringing the whole team into it.

If we are talking strickly QBs, one that wins superbowls > one that dont.
But how are you to say that the Steelers won strictly because of their QB. Superbowls are not an Individual achievement. And as a Steeler's fan I would have to hope you agree that Ben did NOT win that superbowl but your defense did. If anything Ben is the reason they almost lost last years Superbowl.

Ben, McNabb, and maybe even Eli may be fighting it out for that 5th spot. But that doesnt mean that they are anywhere near Brady, Peyton, or Brees. Those guys are in a league of their own as far as the QB postition is concerned.

I never said the Steelers won the SB because of Ben. That would be wayyyyyyy off and im a Steelers fan
laugh.gif

Im just talking in general terms....id rather have a QB that can win Superbowls > One that cant. My top 2 QBs that i put were solid picks and are #1 & 2for sure, the last 3 not so much. Id probably Ben maybe 4th probably 5th.

At the end of the day, do you believe that Ben is better than Peyton, Brady, Rivers, McNabb or Drew Brees ?

Yes.

McNabb chokes in every Big close game. Most of Philly wanted McNabb gone when he got benched last year.

Brees? What has he done in his career? I'll admit, the Saints don't get on TV much because, well they are the Saints.

Rivers? What has he done in his career except for hand the ball to LT? Just kidding, but when you play with LT, you should be an efficient passer.

With one drive to win a Super Bowl, I'm taking Brady or Big Ben among active QB's, and that's on any team with any receivers.

Originally Posted by cguy610

At the end of the day, do you believe that Ben is better than Peyton, Brady, Rivers, McNabb or Drew Brees ?

Yes.

McNabb chokes in every Big close game. Most of Philly wanted McNabb gone when he got benched last year.

Brees? What has he done in his career? I'll admit, the Saints don't get on TV much because, well they are the Saints.

Rivers? What has he done in his career except for hand the ball to LT? Just kidding, but when you play with LT, you should be an efficient passer.

With one drive to win a Super Bowl, I'm taking Brady or Big Ben among active QB's, and that's on any team with any receivers.

you were holding your own until you spewed this
laugh.gif

I'll admit, I'm a bit biased towards playoff/Super Bowl wins, but that's what happens when you are a Cowboys fan.

Originally Posted by cguy610

I'll admit, I'm a bit biased towards playoff/Super Bowl wins, but that's what happens when you are a Cowboys fan.
wait, you dudes havent won a playoff game in like 10 years
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
This thread is yet another example of quarterbacks getting way too much credit for team success or way too much slack for team failure...

"Big Ben has two rings!" ... The Steelers won that first Super Bowl in spite of Ben Roethlisberger... He threw up one of the biggest dud performancesin SB history in 2005... And he was outplayed by Kurt Warner in 2008 too.

The Steeler defense, as always, was the cog that made those Super Bowl champions great. Not Big Ben.

laugh.gif
it's the same argument against Ben here. it's defense this and that. you can't say he used the run game because we're ranked 23rd. every qb needs a good/great defense. peyton didn't get his til his defense came around. Bradys defense has always been in the top 10 when he won the chip, like every qb this decade
on point. How did yall feel about Tom Brady when he was winning those first couple of SB's with unspectacular stats (compared to some othersin the league) and everybody gave Bilicheck all the credit? Did he not deserve to be mentioned with Trent Green or Rich Gannon (both of who was putting upmonster stats at the time)? Obviously SB's aint the only criteria that makes a a QB, nobody would say that. But itdamn sure counts for something. And this aint a Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson situation either.

laugh.gif

he didnt say Peyton never won games before, he said Peyton "didnt get his" until his D got right (pause). that Colts D was horrible in that regularseason, but carried Peyton thru the playoffs his SB year...thats fact.

Ben aint right there with those 3? Did you consider Brees a top 3-5 QB before he got in that system? Dont tell me you viewed him the same in SanDeigo, even during those last 2 seasons out there...

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
laugh.gif
This thread is yet another example of quarterbacks getting way too much credit for team success or way too much slack for team failure...

"Big Ben has two rings!" ... The Steelers won that first Super Bowl in spite of Ben Roethlisberger... He threw up one of the biggest dud performances in SB history in 2005... And he was outplayed by Kurt Warner in 2008 too.

The Steeler defense, as always, was the cog that made those Super Bowl champions great. Not Big Ben.

Like i said before im not a huge Ben fan but comon man....Ben did not do nearly as much as he should have in those Superbowls but if it wasn't for histackle against Harper in 05, or putting that ball in the perfect position for Holmes to catch last year, past 3 defenders they would not have won. Period.

People who dismiss the notion of team effort and dominance to win a Super Bowl in favor of an individual position such as QB clearly don't know what theyare talking about..

That's like saying Dan Marino should fall below a guy like Terry Bradshaw in terms of ranking the all-time greatest QB's in NFL history.
laugh.gif

Bradshaw was a good QB, who happened to have an incredible defense when he played. But does that mean he should be ranked ahead of Marino or Elway because hehas more rings than both of thos guys combined!?
eek.gif

I'm not going to delve into the heated debate of who is better than who in the QB position in today's game because people are biased plain and simple.But I wish there was more reasoning behind this. If you understand football the way I do, it takes a team to win the Super Bowl...not just a great QB...Big Benhas that in place...

...on a second thought, I'll play devil's advocate just once here, and contradict my earlier statement when I say that Phillip Rivers is no where closeto McNabb in terms of leadership and success in this league. Granted McNabb has played longer than Rivers, but I don't see what factors into Rivers beingoverall better...but that's just my opinion. Carry on~
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom