BREAKING NEWS! Crabtree to start against Texans! PG. 7

Originally Posted by bright nikes

That foot better hold up.

Welcome to the niners you $$##+%! baby, wonder what that contract looks like?
laugh.gif

And it won't be easy. Frankly, he'll be hard pressed to make it to one Pro Bowl in three years with the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith, the other Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, DeSean Jackson, Johnny Knox, Percy Harvin, Greg Jennings, Roddy White, T.J. Houshmandzadeh in the same conference.
The funny thing about what Mike Florio wrote is that you could probably add a more than a few names to that list..
laugh.gif

So basically all he milked outta them was an extra $1M in guaranteed cash and added a sixth year to the contract and damn near no cash... He postponed freeagency a year for a million bucks...
sick.gif
smh.gif

Him and Andre Smith hold out the longest and end up with these *+!%+@! contracts...?

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

[h1]Crabtree's base deal: six years, $32 million[/h1]
Per a league source, Crabtree has signed a six-year, $32 million contract. (The total includes guaranteed money, base salaries, and the one-time incentive based on achieving minimum playing time.)

The deal also includes $17 million in guaranteed money.

As reported elsewhere, the deal can void to five years based on performance triggers. But they won't be easily reached.

The source tells us that, in his first four seasons (including 2009), Crabtree must either qualify for two Pro Bowls, or he must qualify for one Pro Bowl in one year and he must participate in 80 percent of the offensive snaps in a separate year in which the team makes the playoffs.

In other words, if in 2010 he qualifies for the Pro Bowl and the team makes the playoffs and he participates in 80 percent of the snaps, he'll still need to make it to the Pro Bowl or achieve the 80-percent/playoffs in another season.

Since the chances of Crabtree making the Pro Bowl or participating in 80 percent of the offensive snaps this year is roughly zero percent, he'll have three years to get it done.

And it won't be easy. Frankly, he'll be hard pressed to make it to one Pro Bowl in three years with the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith, the other Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, DeSean Jackson, Johnny Knox, Percy Harvin, Greg Jennings, Roddy White, T.J. Houshmandzadeh in the same conference.

So, by all appearances, it's a six-year deal. And at $17 million in guaranteed money, the per-year guarantee is a tepid $2.83 million per year.

We'll be adding more details to this specific entry soon. For now, I need to get the raw numbers posted, before I get 17 e-mails from FOX public relations regarding the fact that Jay Glazer is reporting the same numbers.

OMG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

So basically all he milked outta them was an extra $1M in guaranteed cash and added a sixth year to the contract and damn near no cash... He postponed free agency a year for a million bucks...
sick.gif
smh.gif

Him and Andre Smith hold out the longest and end up with these *+!%+@! contracts...?
laugh.gif
yup

He needs to fire his agent

Singletary should make him do EVERY push up and lap and whatever else he's missed in training camp and practice before he even gets to dress. Word to CoachCarter.

Can someone compare Crabtree's contract with Andre Smith's? Who got the worst deal? I don't think either would top Ricky's for worst contracttho, right?

They want to get him on the field after the bye...won't be most, I'd imagine but we'll see:

Mike will not play this week. We have already applied for a roster exemption. And we will hear back from that and kind of go from there. Hopefully after the bye, Mike will be ready to go.
Certainly it's going to start small, a smaller role here and there, figuring out ways to get him on the field. And as he understands what it is he needs to do and understand the package, it's going to be a work in progress.

We will find ways to get him on the field.

-Q: Can Crabtree be a difference-maker in a couple weeks, a month?

-SINGLETARY: You know what, I think it all depends on how we approach it. I think Jimmy Raye, Jerry Sullivan, they've dealt with rookies before, they've been around the game a long time. They know his personality.

They're going to feed him the information as he can grasp the information. I know he's in great shape. He's been working his tail off the whole time, so that's not an issue. So all he has to do is really understand the nuances of the offense.

And as he continues to grow, another thing that I think will help him tremendously is what he did in college. He ran an offense where they ran a number of routes. So the passing tree, I think he'll understand that going into that, and that makes it that much easier.

niners are gonna have to add a fifth play to the playbook

right after the VD play where he just runs straight and it results in a TD

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

what were the 49s original offer numbers?
5 yrs with $16M guaranteed.

There was talk that they'd be willing to go up to $19M or a dollar less than what the 9th pick got, but I dunno if that was ever a formal offer.

If we write off this year, Crabtree just got $1M more than the original offer. I guess you could call that a win for him, but now it's spread out over 6yrs and everyone thought $18M was entirely reasonable had he not held out.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

The funny thing about what Mike Florio wrote is that you could probably add a more than a few names to that list..
laugh.gif

And you can probably take off some names too.

Hakeem Nicks?

YEA ITS ABOUT TIME HE SIGNED!!!!!!!........THANKS HAMMER N DEION APPRECIATE THE HELP LOL.......CRABTREE KINDA LOOKS LIKE DEION.......HOPEFULLY HE'LL BE ONTHE FIELD BY WEEK 7 HAVING SUM SORTA IMPACT.....LETS GO 49ERS!!!

Happy he finally signed. Now get to work Crab cuz I want to see you out on that field making plays and earning your check...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Crabtree-Inside-the-details.html

in depth analysis on the crabtree deal

"Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may havemade $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for theplayer on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides."

"Analysis: Though relatively small in an amount, Crabtree suffered no penalty for his holdout in terms of first-year payout. That is a testamentto the respect the team has for Parker and the feeling that the holdout was not only the fault of one side. Kudos to the 49ers for agreeing to this and kudosto Parker for securing it."

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

So basically all he milked outta them was an extra $1M in guaranteed cash and added a sixth year to the contract and damn near no cash... He postponed free agency a year for a million bucks...
sick.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
yup

He needs to fire his agent

His agent was no where to be found during the contract or the press conference.
tired.gif

I respect Singletary for takin the high road and saying he thought Crab was always a part of the team

Back
Top Bottom