BREAKING NEWS! Crabtree to start against Texans! PG. 7

Bout god damn time. Spoiled bastard better be ready to work for that money, if not Singletary is gonna kill him.

Originally Posted by Johnson1

I respect Singletary for takin the high road and saying he thought Crab was always a part of the team
word.

man from what i seen, crabtree could take a few speech classes...

Originally Posted by purexballin12

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Crabtree-Inside-the-details.html

in depth analysis on the crabtree deal

"Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides."

"Analysis: Though relatively small in an amount, Crabtree suffered no penalty for his holdout in terms of first-year payout. That is a testament to the respect the team has for Parker and the feeling that the holdout was not only the fault of one side. Kudos to the 49ers for agreeing to this and kudos to Parker for securing it."
Hmm, that's actually quite a good deal for Crabtree. Hope this doesn't bite the Niners later in future negotiations with draft picks.

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

And it won't be easy. Frankly, he'll be hard pressed to make it to one Pro Bowl in three years with the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith, the other Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, DeSean Jackson, Johnny Knox, Percy Harvin, Greg Jennings, Roddy White, T.J. Houshmandzadeh in the same conference.
The funny thing about what Mike Florio wrote is that you could probably add a more than a few names to that list..
laugh.gif

And you can probably take off some names too.

Hakeem Nicks?

You dont think Hakeem Nicks is better and in a better situation than Crabtree?

I do.

[h2]Report: Crabtree likely to start for 49ers[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

San Francisco 49ers rookie wide receiver Michael Crabtree will make his debut in his home state of Texas, and the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported there's a good chance he will start.

Singletary has long given Crabtree the benefit of the doubt, believing the former Texas Tech star will shine at this level. Even if that meant playing catch-up in the past two weeks after missing so much time with a contract holdout.

"There are some things that you can prepare him for, but there are other things that he just has to go through and I think that this is one of them," Singletary said of Crabtree's first game.

[h4]NFC West blog[/h4]
sando_mike_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

"You have to let those guys line up against him and put their hands on you and see some of the complexities of the defense and how they are setting you up. You come to the sideline with your head on a swivel a little bit, but I don't think that it's going to be too big for him. To me, even though he's come in late, he looks like he's ready."

Crabtree's teammates seem to have moved past his prolonged contract impasse, more focused now on what he can do to help the team. San Francisco (3-2) leads the NFC West with wins already over the reigning NFC champion Arizona Cardinals and Seattle.

"I think he [Crabtree] can do well, man," running back Frank Gore said. "Just by watching him in college. He was one of the best players in college. Just watching him in the bye week, he looks how he's supposed to look. He has great hands and he runs good routes. Like I tell him: 'Just go out there and play football. As long as you know what you're doing, you'll be fine."'

According to Niners wide receiver Josh Morgan, Crabtree will start the game opposite Isaac Bruce, the Press Democrat reported.

"They gave him my spot," Morgan said, according to the report. "So if he's going to be in there, I might as well help him out so I can make sure he gets it right."

The evaluation process with Crabtree will be ongoing. Along with his work on the field last week, he spent time in the film room.

The 49ers like what they see so far on all fronts. Singletary and Co. know they'll learn much more about Crabtree during and after Sunday's game with the Texans.

"Obviously, once you get in the game when the real bullets are flying, that's when you can really tell that, 'You know what, are we helping or hurting his confidence? Is he ready for this? Do we need to back off a bit?"' Singletary said. "Or if, 'Hey he's ready, let's pick it up a little bit.' So, I think he'll tell us."

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Johnson1

I respect Singletary for takin the high road and saying he thought Crab was always a part of the team
word.

man from what i seen, crabtree could take a few speech classes...

Face it most of these athletes are dumber than hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'm rooting for the kid, he got a lot of haters out there.
Yeah this a smart move by Mike to start him.
pimp.gif
See where heis mentally and physically.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by 18key

Bout god damn time. Spoiled bastard better be ready to work for that money, if not Singletary is gonna kill him.

how is he spoiled?

I dont know. He was just acting like a spoiled child, trying to whine and complain until he gets what he wants. I'm just glad he came around and signed thedeal, so he can play and hopefully help the team.

Singletary was saying on KNBR this morning that it's blatantly obvious that Crabtree should be on the field on Sunday. He said that it wasn't justcoming from coaches, it was coming from players too.

Yeah, he would say that. Might even be true. He must be something tho to push out Morgan so quickly.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Singletary was saying on KNBR this morning that it's blatantly obvious that Crabtree should be on the field on Sunday. He said that it wasn't just coming from coaches, it was coming from players too.

eek.gif
I didn't think Crab would be impressing the team this soon.

So how do you all think his numbers will look on Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom