BREAKING NEWS! Crabtree to start against Texans! PG. 7

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

f this guy...i hope singletary put his punk %&%*&%*(%*(% in place!!!!!!

i say trade him for steve smith...either one would be fine
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
no way the Giants give up Eli's go to guy.

really?!!!!...wow i wouldve thought the giants would pull the trigger
wink.gif

oh well i guess we trade him for carolinas steve smith
pimp.gif

before the season he probably looked at shaun hill and alex smith and decided hell naw, but with hill playing well and the team getting W's he had a changeof heart. now he's thinking, if vernon can catch td's by throwing all four limbs at the ball every time it comes to him, think about what a goodreceiver can do

Looking forward to his 1st game to see how he plays I jus hope they don't try too hard to get him involved...let it come naturally...ima try to make it toschool to stream the conference

I dont like what he did, but now he has to win the fans respect. Hopefully he doesnt gain a TO or B.Marshall type attitude.

I didnt read into this but did they say which week he will likely play?

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

I didnt read into this but did they say which week he will likely play?
He could play this week if they really wanted to. But most likely he'll see the field for limited plays during the Houston game following thebye week.

I'm happy dude signed. I think we need more weapons on O. Even if he's only a factor late in the season I think we will need to use him in theplayoffs.

I'm also glad to hear the NFL is going forward w/ the jets tampering case, if we only get a 2nd rd pick out out of it we still come up.
happy.gif

I hope it's an incentive laden deal like Ricky W/Andre Smith but I doubt it.

And it can be beneficial to the Niners to let him back to the draft cuz then they save all the cap room he'd eat up. As a high 1st round draft pick, heeats up a TON of space. There's no guarantee he's gonna be good, and based on this holdout, he's already a prima donna and I dunno if it'sworth putting up with. If they let him go, they lose a potentially great receiver (but they don't have a QB to get him the ball so his usefulness might belimited like someone pointed out), but they can use that money to lock up more deserving vets. There's a salary cap, so any freed up salary cap space isvaluable.

[h1]Crabtree's base deal: six years, $32 million[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2009 3:07 PM ET
In the wake of the news that the 49ers have signed receiver Michael Crabtree after an extended holdout, there has been not a hint of the dollars to be paid to Crabtree.

And since this means that his agent hasn't leaked the numbers, it means that his agent feels no specific motivation to do so.

Possibly because his agent isn't all that thrilled to have his name on the deal.

So the numbers will come from sources other than Crabtree's agent. And we've gotten our mitts into them.

Per a league source, Crabtree has signed a six-year, $32 million contract. (The total includes guaranteed money, base salaries, and the one-time incentive based on achieving minimum playing time.)

The deal also includes $17 million in guaranteed money.

As reported elsewhere, the deal can void to five years based on performance triggers. But they won't be easily reached.

The source tells us that, in his first four seasons (including 2009), Crabtree must either qualify for two Pro Bowls, or he must qualify for one Pro Bowl in one year and he must participate in 80 percent of the offensive snaps in a separate year in which the team makes the playoffs.

In other words, if in 2010 he qualifies for the Pro Bowl and the team makes the playoffs and he participates in 80 percent of the snaps, he'll still need to make it to the Pro Bowl or achieve the 80-percent/playoffs in another season.

Since the chances of Crabtree making the Pro Bowl or participating in 80 percent of the offensive snaps this year is roughly zero percent, he'll have three years to get it done.

And it won't be easy. Frankly, he'll be hard pressed to make it to one Pro Bowl in three years with the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith, the other Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, DeSean Jackson, Johnny Knox, Percy Harvin, Greg Jennings, Roddy White, T.J. Houshmandzadeh in the same conference.

So, by all appearances, it's a six-year deal. And at $17 million in guaranteed money, the per-year guarantee is a tepid $2.83 million per year.

We'll be adding more details to this specific entry soon. For now, I need to get the raw numbers posted, before I get 17 e-mails from FOX public relations regarding the fact that Jay Glazer is reporting the same numbers.

Back
Top Bottom