BREAKING NEWS! Crabtree to start against Texans! PG. 7

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

i love mc hammer
laugh.gif

mc hammer stay makin connects w/ 9er players
pimp.gif

About damn time.

Hopefully he'll make some sort of impact now to prove that NEXT year will be his year.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he will have a better year then DHB

thats not saying much.

laugh.gif
it's really not saying much, but Crabtree will have ZERO impact this season..and by default, DHB will be the better of the two (for this year atleast).

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

thats not saying much.

laugh.gif
it's really not saying much, but Crabtree will have ZERO impact this season..and by default, DHB will be the better of the two (for this year at least).

Zero? Pretty sure they can get him some screens
laugh.gif

But with a bye week next week I'd expect him to see the field for a couple plays against Houston.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

thats not saying much.

laugh.gif
it's really not saying much, but Crabtree will have ZERO impact this season..and by default, DHB will be the better of the two (for this year at least).

laugh.gif

But with a bye week next week I'd expect him to see the field for a couple plays against Houston.

I dunno, boss. Dude has missed 1/4 of the season, and just about every other team activity since June/July (Training Camp etc). He's most likely not evenin game shape...I think it will be a while before you see Crab on the field.

Whoopie +$%@@%# doo.

I hope this dude makes me eat a huge plate of crow, because I want no part of Crabtree on the 49ers.

thats not saying much.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I dunno, boss. Dude has missed 1/4 of the season, and just about every other team activity since June/July (Training Camp etc). He's most likely not even in game shape...I think it will be a while before you see Crab on the field.

He's been working out in Florida "furiously" every day according to beat writer Matt Barrows so I don't think being in shape is the problem. And I could be wrong but I'm sure he has at least a copy of the playbook from TC. Not saying he's going to be out there every down but by the Houstongame I'd imagine they could give him a couple plays.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/10/crabtree-deal-f.html
Crabtree deal finished; WR to sign six-year deal

Our long, regional nightmare is finally over: Michael Crabtree has a contract. It took most of Tuesday and a good chunk of Wednesday but Crabtree's agent Eugene Parker and 49ers negotiator Paraag Marathe finally worked out a deal. The team's initial offer way back in the summer was a five-year deal with about $16 million guaranteed. Once the two sides got together yesterday afternoon, the sticking point was the length of the deal, according to someone close to the negotiations. The new deal is for six years, something the 49ers insisted upon due to the time Crfabtree already has missed. But Crabtree can make it into a five-year deal with on-field incentives. Playing time early in his career will be key.

Early on Tuesday I had heard that a mystery matchmaker brought the two sides and bridged the considerable gulf that had formed since the contract began 72 days ago on July 28. Who was this mystery man? It turned out to be former rap star MC Hammer, who is an associate of both Deion Sanders' and Parkers'. Hammer, who was born Stanley Burrell, grew up in Oakland. He was a bat boy for the A's in the early 1980s when -- I'm not saying this is the connection, just an interesting coincidence -- 49ers chief operating officer Andy Dolich also worked for the A's. Hammer not only brought the two sides together in the Crabtree standoff, he was a key figure during yesterday's negotiations. You can't make this stuff up, folks ...

Bruce Waynee wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

LB510 wrote:

Bigmike23 wrote:

thats not saying much.

laugh.gif
it's really not saying much, but Crabtree will have ZERO impact this
season..and by default, DHB will be the better of the two (for this year at least).

laugh.gif

I dunno, boss. Dude has missed 1/4 of the season, and just about every other team activity since June/July (Training Camp etc). He's most likely not even
in game shape...I think it will be a while before you see Crab on the field.

He's been working out in Florida "furiously" every day according to beat writer Matt Barrows so I don't think being in shape is the problem. And I could be wrong but I'm sure he has at least a copy of the playbook from TC. Not saying he's going to be out there every down but by the Houston game I'd imagine they could give him a couple plays.

what in the hell is he doing in florida?

Anyone else think that its more than a coincidence the Braylon is a Jet and Crab is officially a Niner on the same day? This after the niners file tamperingcharges on the Jets

thats not saying much.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I dunno, boss. Dude has missed 1/4 of the season, and just about every other team activity since June/July (Training Camp etc). He's most likely not even in game shape...I think it will be a while before you see Crab on the field.

He's been working out in Florida "furiously" every day according to beat writer Matt Barrows so I don't think being in shape is the problem. And I could be wrong but I'm sure he has at least a copy of the playbook from TC. Not saying he's going to be out there every down but by the Houston game I'd imagine they could give him a couple plays.

I hear you...but there's a big difference between what he was doing in FLA and actually being in football shape....I just think that there wouldn't bemuch to accomplish by throwing him out there (virtually unprepared) 2 weeks after signing. Like I said before, I think it's going to be a while before hegets game action. This was a LONG holdout....he hasn't been hit, he isn't used to the speed of the game, and there are many other nuances that go intobeing prepared to play every sunday. He's got a big hill to climb. Don't expect much out of this guy in 2009.

That foot better hold up.

Welcome to the niners you $$##+%! baby, wonder what that contract looks like?

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Anyone else think that its more than a coincidence the Braylon is a Jet and Crab is officially a Niner on the same day? This after the niners file tampering charges on the Jets
This has nothing to do with the 49ers and everything to do with the Browns being tired of Braylon. The charges are going to be investigatedregardless.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm not really too excited about this, but we'll see how he pans out.

I'm thinkin the 9ers woulda been better off lettin him go back in the draft.
Agreed.

How? How are the 49ers better off letting him go back in the draft? Wasting a #10 pick and getting what could be the best player in a weak draftclass who just fell to your lap when we don't have a #1 WR?

We needed Crabtree and he needed us. Not necessarily talking about this year but for the future.

How? How are the 49ers better off letting him go back in the draft? Wasting a #10 pick and getting what could be the best player in a weak draft class who just fell to your lap when we don't have a #1 WR?

We needed Crabtree and he needed us. Not necessarily talking about this year but for the future.
laugh.gif

We been over this a thousand times fam, stop with that Crabtree needed us BS and being the best player in the draft?

How? How are the 49ers better off letting him go back in the draft? Wasting a #10 pick and getting what could be the best player in a weak draft class who just fell to your lap when we don't have a #1 WR?
Crabtree possibly being the best player in the draft? Are you serious?

I f' w/ Crabby but lets be serious here....

f this guy...i hope singletary put his punk %&%*&%*(%*(% in place!!!!!!

i say trade him for steve smith...either one would be fine
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Anyone else think that its more than a coincidence the Braylon is a Jet and Crab is officially a Niner on the same day? This after the niners file tampering charges on the Jets
This has nothing to do with the 49ers and everything to do with the Browns being tired of Braylon. The charges are going to be investigated regardless.
It takes two to make a deal, the Jets were still in the market wanting a WR

Best player in the draft possibly huh?? Time will have to answer that question for us, however even in this weak draft class I don't see him being thebest. Also, I truly don't see Crabtree as a legimate #1 WR, more like a strong #2 WR, or a slot receiver, not necessarily a big play receiver.

Make no mistake about champ, we truly didn't need Crabtree. A receiver truly is only as good as his QB, and seeing how we truly don't have a"future" QB that we are working with right now, Crabtree for all intense purpose is useless to the 49ers.

The Niners woulda been better off flushing a first round pick down the toilet and letting him go back through the draft...?

The Niners, with all the *+%@@*#% they're throwing out there every week at receiver, truly don't need Michael Crabtree...?

He needs to play injured and skip funerals in the future to prove he's committed to his team...?

grin.gif

It's hilarious how hard some of yall been going on dude ever since Truth called yall out for being Gunna's parrots...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom