Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

wasn't the mom from malcolm in the middle supposed to be in the final 8?

What happened with that?

pimp.gif
teamjesse.
pimp.gif
then he gets hooked on meth...again.

Alan Sepinwall with some criticisms..

I don't know. I'm going to be mulling over "Felina" for a while, and mulling over what, if anything, it has to say about this show's place in the larger pantheon. This last stretch of episodes has been so incredible that nothing short of epic failure at the very end would have knocked "Breaking Bad" off its perch. This was far from epic failure, and to a degree the previous three episodes were so messy and so devastating that the show practically earned the right for this vaguely happy ending. Walt defeats all his enemies, but dies in the process. Flynn may be getting $9.7 million (give or take taxes and legal fees), and Skyler may be avoiding prosecution, but I imagine both would rather have Hank alive, and their family intact. Jesse goes free, and for a moment seems genuinely happy as he roars down the open road, but he'll be carrying the physical and emotional scars of his association with Mr. White for the rest of his life.

Because of all that, "Felina" doesn't feel like a cheat, or a massive misstep, or an overreach. This is one of the greatest shows of my lifetime, and nothing in this concluding chapter changes that.

But it also felt so neat, and so orderly, in such an un-"Breaking Bad" sort of way, that I don't think I can give the show bonus points for its last episode in the same way that "The Shield" or "Six Feet Under" get extra credit for their finales. Most of this last half-season was astonishing, but I don't think Gilligan was just being self-effacing when he said "Ozymandias" was the best episode they ever made. That was, essentially, where the story of Walter White ended. These last two weeks have been an extended epilogue, the first half ("Granite State") gut-wrenching, the second half satisfying and tidy.

I understand why Hardwick, and so many of the people I follow on Twitter, were so pleased with the ending. In an era where the great dramas so often overreach, obfuscate or stumble in their conclusions, this was definitive. These were the final, unmistakable steps on the path Walter White put us on nearly six years ago.

But given everything that Walt had been through, and put us through, over these 62 episodes, I think I might have preferred the whole package be wrapped in a bow that wasn't so tight. "Granite State" suggested a world in which Heisenberg was dead and useless, but "Felina" brought him back to life, briefly more potent than ever before. It's a more cathartic, upbeat conclusion than if the series had ended with Walt getting into Robert Forster's van or living alone in that snowy cabin, but is it ultimately a more fitting one for this series?
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...ts-all-over-now-baby-blue#IgdaTPqEch6Pj02Y.99

While I thought the finale was incredible, he does make some good points.

So...who's getting the box set?

Want it on blu ray. 210 on amazon preorder or 225 on the BB site with a free shirt.

Hmmmmm but in this day and age if pirating and streaming, do I really need it?

F it, my favorite TV series of all time, I have to pull the trigger.

i'm sure it'll be on netflix forever.. but i do want that aparon :lol:

i lost the bid for one on ebay on friday it went for $66..then someone put another for $65 buy it now..i didnt do it though:smh:

I hope everyone noticed the tape deck and song that played when Walt stole the car.

I know the song was discussed earlier, so I'm glad it made an appearance.

Last edited:
Seeing Walts fam in the situation they were in made me feel so bad smh.

Ofcourse 10 months from now they'll be good but seriously, seeing them in a small apartment, Skylar stressed, walt jr life is ****** since everyone knows your dad was a criminal...damn

Seeing Walts fam in the situation they were in made me feel so bad smh.

Ofcourse 10 months from now they'll be good but seriously, seeing them in a small apartment, Skylar stressed, walt jr life is ****** since everyone knows your dad was a criminal...damn

9 million will make their lives easier no doubt about it, but they'll likely never fully recover. The family name is tarnished, your uncle/brother-in-law is dead, husband/father dead, etc.

Alan Sepinwall with some criticisms..
I don't know. I'm going to be mulling over "Felina" for a while, and mulling over what, if anything, it has to say about this show's place in the larger pantheon. This last stretch of episodes has been so incredible that nothing short of epic failure at the very end would have knocked "Breaking Bad" off its perch. This was far from epic failure, and to a degree the previous three episodes were so messy and so devastating that the show practically earned the right for this vaguely happy ending. Walt defeats all his enemies, but dies in the process. Flynn may be getting $9.7 million (give or take taxes and legal fees), and Skyler may be avoiding prosecution, but I imagine both would rather have Hank alive, and their family intact. Jesse goes free, and for a moment seems genuinely happy as he roars down the open road, but he'll be carrying the physical and emotional scars of his association with Mr. White for the rest of his life.

Because of all that, "Felina" doesn't feel like a cheat, or a massive misstep, or an overreach. This is one of the greatest shows of my lifetime, and nothing in this concluding chapter changes that.

But it also felt so neat, and so orderly, in such an un-"Breaking Bad" sort of way, that I don't think I can give the show bonus points for its last episode in the same way that "The Shield" or "Six Feet Under" get extra credit for their finales. Most of this last half-season was astonishing, but I don't think Gilligan was just being self-effacing when he said "Ozymandias" was the best episode they ever made. That was, essentially, where the story of Walter White ended. These last two weeks have been an extended epilogue, the first half ("Granite State") gut-wrenching, the second half satisfying and tidy.

I understand why Hardwick, and so many of the people I follow on Twitter, were so pleased with the ending. In an era where the great dramas so often overreach, obfuscate or stumble in their conclusions, this was definitive. These were the final, unmistakable steps on the path Walter White put us on nearly six years ago.

But given everything that Walt had been through, and put us through, over these 62 episodes, I think I might have preferred the whole package be wrapped in a bow that wasn't so tight. "Granite State" suggested a world in which Heisenberg was dead and useless, but "Felina" brought him back to life, briefly more potent than ever before. It's a more cathartic, upbeat conclusion than if the series had ended with Walt getting into Robert Forster's van or living alone in that snowy cabin, but is it ultimately a more fitting one for this series?
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...ts-all-over-now-baby-blue#IgdaTPqEch6Pj02Y.99

While I thought the finale was incredible, he does make some good points.
one thing about this ep that was unbreakingbad like, the great thing about this show was that they always put walt in situations where we think he is stuck and he somehow finds a way to slither out of it. however even when they took his keys away i never lost my trust that walter had complete control of the situation, which lead to a really predictable but still satisfying ending 

Just watched the encore.. and on second viewing I felt like the ending was great. Not perfect but definitely satisfying.
Also I could have done without the music at the end.

So the collector's box has an alternate ending? I HAVE to see it.

:smh: at Jesse surviving. I def thought Walt was gon peel his muffin cap back too. After he "started fightin" him, I got pissed. :lol: Finale was a bit underwhelming...well the last two episodes were,but it was a decent way to end it. Lydia finally gets to take that trip to Belize

:smh: at Jesse surviving. I def thought Walt was gon peel his muffin cap back too. After he "started fightin" him, I got pissed. :lol: Finale was a bit underwhelming...well the last two episodes were,but it was a decent way to end it. Lydia finally gets to take that trip to Belize

Jesse won son.... JESSE WON.

Back
Top Bottom