Bob's Burger? Was It Worth King OF The Hill?

I still think Roger is funnier than Steve, but dem Steve/Roger callabos be haveing me week.

Also there has to be a black dude on the writing staff because their as always these hip hop references.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
i nearly died when i saw that scene

The problem with cartoons now is that they are rife with stupidity and usually pander to the lowest common denominator. They're also filled with "weird" humor which really isn't that funny or clever. And, yes they did this back in the day too, but there was a lot more substance. Stuff like Family Guy, American Dad, Archer, Bob's Burgers are not "smart" cartoons at all.

OG Simpsons, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, Recess, heck even Arthur > any of these joints

American Dad has gotten a lot better than when it first started. It's actually watchable now

The problem with cartoons now is that they are rife with stupidity and usually pander to the lowest common denominator. They're also filled with "weird" humor which really isn't that funny or clever. And, yes they did this back in the day too, but there was a lot more substance. Stuff like Family Guy, American Dad, Archer, Bob's Burgers are not "smart" cartoons at all.

OG Simpsons, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, Recess, heck even Arthur > any of these joints

i have to disagree a bit.

I dont know if Bob's Burgers deserves to get thrown into that group. By no means is it high brow intelligent humor, but I wouldnt necesarily classify it as something that panders to the lowest common denominator. That is more up Family Guy's alley, and to an extent Archer (although I do find Archer entertaining and hilarious).

KOTH is one of my favorite shows of all time. Not just cartoon/animation, but TV shows in general. Like Rusty mentioned earlier, the depth of the characters makes the show. Its not really in your face, rapid fire comedy. Its more of a slow burn. Like others, I wasnt really into the show when it first came out and didnt really catch on to it until I was older and it was in syndication.

i did want to touch upon one show you mentioned. Recess. I was in college by the time this show came out, and even though it was geared towards kids, I watched. This show was awesome.

Anyone ever watch Rocko's Modern Life and have their minds blown 15 years after the fact? I youtubed a couple episodes that I had probably seen 6-7 times when I was 10 years old and it's really dark, almost depraved/demented. 

Knowing what the early 90's scene was(still kinda is) in LA you can only imagine what those writers rooms were like. Except that was a "kids" show. 
laugh.gif
 Really?

Anyone ever watch Rocko's Modern Life and have their minds blown 15 years after the fact? I youtubed a couple episodes that I had probably seen 6-7 times when I was 10 years old and it's really dark, almost depraved/demented. 

Knowing what the early 90's scene was(still kinda is) in LA you can only imagine what those writers rooms were like. Except that was a "kids" show. 
laugh.gif

Really?
Can't think of that many more shows like it, but they threw elements like that into a lot of recent shows as well. The more "out there" would be Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Bob's took a while before I started diggin' it. Chick I was dating liked it, so I started to find it funny after a few episodes.

Can't think of that many more shows like it, but they threw elements like that into a lot of recent shows as well. The more "out there" would be Courage the Cowardly Dog.
The last show I remember seeing that was very 'out there' for kids is that flapjack show. The imagery man, I didn't think that was meant for kids and seriously thought that show was an adult swim show. I agree on the Rocko part. I went to youtube and looked at a couple of older episodes and the show is very surreal in a sense. It's like a nightmare with hidden connotations. This, based off of one episode I saw, had me weirded out the whole time watching it.

KOTH is by far my favorite of the adult cartoon shows out there on Fox. Like it more than Simpsons, Family Guy and all the offshoots.

King of the Hill is amazing. Still watch it almost every night whether on fox or adult swim.

thread bump...

but after close to a year anyone's opinions change? i love the show, tina's character is hilarious 

all the characters are great on the show, the three kids each bring their own flavor 

Show is hilarious . Lately it's been this over family guy,American dad and the Simpsons

Its funny I see this thread today... I was just wondering at work... but did king of the hill ever have black characters in it? I only watched a couple of eps.

Bob's has its moments

Its funny I see this thread today... I was just wondering at work... but did king of the hill ever have black characters in it? I only watched a couple of eps.

in the earlier episode there was a black lady, but she got fired after buck found stolen supplies in her office

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom