Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by youngin33

Anyone care to explain Van Alden's creepyness at the end of the episode?

Obsession?
He's a masochist. He gets off on hurting himself.
As for the show. Excellent episode. Great to see Jimmy put his dog tags on and use war strategy to prove himself in Chicago.

Al Capone is the kind of guy I hate in real life. If you're my enemy say so, if you're my friend act like it, but don't be in between. That kind of %%+$ will make you wanna strike first to avoid the knife in the back.

As far as Mrs. Shroeder, she's not done with her games. She's not stupid and is too ambitious to sit and be Nuck's call girl.

Lucky, what a dumb brick. He's definitely a liability for Rothstein. I was glad Nuck smacked him upside his head. Dude really doesn't know his place.

I definitely see Jimmy snapping more and getting colder in future episodes. I also think he's going to sever ties with Capone in some way whether that be by outranking him in the near future or just leaving Chicago all together. He's too smart to stick around and let Al plot on him. I don't buy that steak gift either. Dude is trying to soften Jimmy up...

Based on the scarring on his back, whipping himself seems to be a routine thing for Van Alden. I think that since he views himself as particular religious and pious, he responds by punishing himself whenever he feels he !@#@s up or feels temptation. He feels guilty that he has a thing for Schroeder (and I'm not sure what the thing is exactly yet), so he broke out the belt.
He's basically a 1920s practitioner of much older religious sect --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagellant. That's my explanation.

Based on the scarring on his back, whipping himself seems to be a routine thing for Van Alden. I think that since he views himself as particular religious and pious, he responds by punishing himself whenever he feels he !@#@s up or feels temptation. He feels guilty that he has a thing for Schroeder (and I'm not sure what the thing is exactly yet), so he broke out the belt.
He's basically a 1920s practitioner of much older religious sect --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagellant. That's my explanation.

Eh, I don't know lawdog.

He put his wife's picture down and placed Shroeder's picture right in front of him to get off. If he was punishing himself, why would he want to see her face?

Dude just likes to beat his back before he beats his meat.

Eh, I don't know lawdog.

He put his wife's picture down and placed Shroeder's picture right in front of him to get off. If he was punishing himself, why would he want to see her face?

^^^ Yeah, I see your point. Not that its not weird either way, but if you're right, its even sicker.

^^^ Yeah, I see your point. Not that its not weird either way, but if you're right, its even sicker.

the whole time he was reading those documents theyd briefly show that picture of her, i just kept thinking the whole time "yep hes gonna jack off to it"

and they end up doing something a million times wilder 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

al and jimmy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the whole time he was reading those documents theyd briefly show that picture of her, i just kept thinking the whole time "yep hes gonna jack off to it"

and they end up doing something a million times wilder 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

al and jimmy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
@ Jimmy being so scared from roasting Al he thought he was gonna kill him (which is perfectly understandable). 
pimp.gif
@ him finally puttin in work.

Al can't take some roasting for nothing.

I thought Van Alden was reading Jimmy's mail to his wife with the money at first but is he obsessed with Shroeder now too? Like whipping yaself fam? This %+*!% off his rocker. I swore he was gonna pull that choke yaself and fap joint and homey whipping himself
30t6p3b.gif

Great ep.

EDIT

They're portraying Lucky extra dumb and I'm not sure I like it. I mean he eventually becomes smart enough to team up with a Jew and becomes boss of all bosses and I think in real life he has Nucky Johnson killed.

roll.gif
@ Jimmy being so scared from roasting Al he thought he was gonna kill him (which is perfectly understandable). 
pimp.gif
@ him finally puttin in work.

Al can't take some roasting for nothing.

I thought Van Alden was reading Jimmy's mail to his wife with the money at first but is he obsessed with Shroeder now too? Like whipping yaself fam? This %+*!% off his rocker. I swore he was gonna pull that choke yaself and fap joint and homey whipping himself
30t6p3b.gif

Great ep.

EDIT

They're portraying Lucky extra dumb and I'm not sure I like it. I mean he eventually becomes smart enough to team up with a Jew and becomes boss of all bosses and I think in real life he has Nucky Johnson killed.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Obsession?
this
but it's tied in with religion. 

he's having adulterous impure thoughts so he's "punishing" himself.

I think over time he's grown to like it and it has become his form of masturbation.

Obsession?
this

I think over time he's grown to like it and it has become his form of masturbation.

Damn good episode.. this has really been a great series. I thought that scene in the dressing room with ms. Schroeder and Nucky's other call girl was tuff.. Schroeder type %+!!@$# on her. Lol

Damn good episode.. this has really been a great series. I thought that scene in the dressing room with ms. Schroeder and Nucky's other call girl was tuff.. Schroeder type %+!!@$# on her. Lol

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Obsession?
this

All in all, he needs a drink.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Obsession?
this

All in all, he needs a drink.

Eh, I don't know lawdog.

I think he realizes that he has impure thoughts about Schroeder so hes doing this as a form of classical conditioning to "get rid" of these feelings for her.

Hes basically looking at the picture while hurting himself so that perhaps in the future anytime he sees her, he will always associate her image with pain, therefore getting rid of his desire for her.

Its an old pysychological thing I remember learning in high school.

I may just be reaching but anyone interested in this could just look up "classical conditioning".

Eh, I don't know lawdog.

I think he realizes that he has impure thoughts about Schroeder so hes doing this as a form of classical conditioning to "get rid" of these feelings for her.

Hes basically looking at the picture while hurting himself so that perhaps in the future anytime he sees her, he will always associate her image with pain, therefore getting rid of his desire for her.

Its an old pysychological thing I remember learning in high school.

I may just be reaching but anyone interested in this could just look up "classical conditioning".

episode was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jimmy is that dude... anwya Im still wondering whats happenin with Doyle tryna plot against Nucky to get that money he owes, i feel like by the end of the season theres gonna be so much %$%% that goes down in all of the angles of the show

and the wait for next sunday begins...

episode was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jimmy is that dude... anwya Im still wondering whats happenin with Doyle tryna plot against Nucky to get that money he owes, i feel like by the end of the season theres gonna be so much %$%% that goes down in all of the angles of the show

and the wait for next sunday begins...

didnt catch last nights episode, will this week

didnt update the title, my bad fellas

didnt catch last nights episode, will this week

didnt update the title, my bad fellas

Back
Top Bottom