Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

he called her his dead wifes name did he not?
I don't think so.  He called her Margaret, which is her name.  It was just a big deal because he had always called her "Mrs. Schroeder" before.  It was a signal that he was dropping the formality and ready to make their relationship more personal. 

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

he called her his dead wifes name did he not?
I don't think so.  He called her Margaret, which is her name.  It was just a big deal because he had always called her "Mrs. Schroeder" before.  It was a signal that he was dropping the formality and ready to make their relationship more personal. 

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

Any of yall think that jimmy's mom wantsto raise his son becuase she wants to "get it right " this time
schroeder bout to either play nucky or get played either way her cred is gonna be questioned by the womens group.
nucky brother gonna be a wildcard the rest of the way especially after the dinner
why is the FBI guy so dang creepy.....
I don't really know where Jimmy's mom is coming from with wanting to raise the son.  That came out of nowhere for me.  I don't have her figured out at all yet.  I know she's smart and goes for what she wants, but I can't figure out what she wants or why.  I definitely find her hot though. 

VanAlden is creepy for a few reasons.  First, its the way the character is written.  We can already see that he's a little crazy and I have a feeling that its only going to get worse as the show progresses.  Second, the character is being played by a very good actor who just happens to look creepy.  Michael Shannon has built a career on playing creepy dudes. 

Any of yall think that jimmy's mom wantsto raise his son becuase she wants to "get it right " this time
schroeder bout to either play nucky or get played either way her cred is gonna be questioned by the womens group.
nucky brother gonna be a wildcard the rest of the way especially after the dinner
I don't really know where Jimmy's mom is coming from with wanting to raise the son.  That came out of nowhere for me.  I don't have her figured out at all yet.  I know she's smart and goes for what she wants, but I can't figure out what she wants or why.  I definitely find her hot though. 

VanAlden is creepy for a few reasons.  First, its the way the character is written.  We can already see that he's a little crazy and I have a feeling that its only going to get worse as the show progresses.  Second, the character is being played by a very good actor who just happens to look creepy.  Michael Shannon has built a career on playing creepy dudes. 

VanAlden is Internal Revenue, not F.B.I. He is creepy as hell though. I agree with the consesus that Schroeder is going to definitely throw a monkeywrench in Nucky's game.

VanAlden is Internal Revenue, not F.B.I. He is creepy as hell though. I agree with the consesus that Schroeder is going to definitely throw a monkeywrench in Nucky's game.

At first I thought it was Nucky trying to make a mole in the Temperance League. Now I just thinking he's trying to get some nookie.

Not that he won't use her against the TL.

At first I thought it was Nucky trying to make a mole in the Temperance League. Now I just thinking he's trying to get some nookie.

Not that he won't use her against the TL.

Love this show.
pimp.gif

Just caught up on episode 5. Def has been a great series so far.. interesting to see where the Nucky and Schroeder thing goes.. took long enough.

Just caught up on episode 5. Def has been a great series so far.. interesting to see where the Nucky and Schroeder thing goes.. took long enough.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by Diego

I don't understand how you can disagree with my reasoning about her character.

Remember that big party she delivered the dress to? When she was questioned about her stance on prohibition,
what did she say? Her answer showed that she wasn't even sold on the idea that you could stop people from doing
what they want, which to me, means she had hidden motives for being involved in the first place.

She's an opportunist and will prove to be far from innocent.

What hidden motive could she have for being involved?
She was the victim of abuse by a drunken husband. What more motive does she need to be against it? Her knowing that it can never fully be stopped just means shes still realistic about the whole situation.

I still think her actions were innocent at first, her introdcution into Nucky's world will slowly remove all innocence.

She wanted status and power. Her "in" or stated (verbal or not) reason for being part of the movement was her drunk husband, but I suspect she really desires to be leading the meetings rather than sitting in the audience. Her trumping of the other woman's bath tub gin story shows that she's a one-upper and wants to be noticed.

Add to that the way she behaved at that party and her stealing that slip (obviously so Nucky could see it before he smashed, after devouring her irresistible baked goods
laugh.gif
). She likes the spotlight and envies Nucky's woman. She will definitely go at Nucky's main. I see that coming.

I just don't think she's all that innocent. I think she was riding with her husband due to the circumstances, but she was silently waiting for the right opportunity to jump ship. Hopefully they'll get into her back story a little more so I can see if I'm right or not. But she's no church mouse, that's for sure. The way she was piping up at the party and not shy about her opinion also showed me that she's not all she seems...

EDIT:

And who knows what reason her husband had for being a drunk. He did notice the money and make that connection real quick...

Completely agree. I realized this after the play she made just to get his attention.

Originally Posted by Diego

I don't understand how you can disagree with my reasoning about her character.

Remember that big party she delivered the dress to? When she was questioned about her stance on prohibition,
what did she say? Her answer showed that she wasn't even sold on the idea that you could stop people from doing
what they want, which to me, means she had hidden motives for being involved in the first place.

She's an opportunist and will prove to be far from innocent.

What hidden motive could she have for being involved?
She was the victim of abuse by a drunken husband. What more motive does she need to be against it? Her knowing that it can never fully be stopped just means shes still realistic about the whole situation.

I still think her actions were innocent at first, her introdcution into Nucky's world will slowly remove all innocence.

She wanted status and power. Her "in" or stated (verbal or not) reason for being part of the movement was her drunk husband, but I suspect she really desires to be leading the meetings rather than sitting in the audience. Her trumping of the other woman's bath tub gin story shows that she's a one-upper and wants to be noticed.

Add to that the way she behaved at that party and her stealing that slip (obviously so Nucky could see it before he smashed, after devouring her irresistible baked goods
laugh.gif
). She likes the spotlight and envies Nucky's woman. She will definitely go at Nucky's main. I see that coming.

I just don't think she's all that innocent. I think she was riding with her husband due to the circumstances, but she was silently waiting for the right opportunity to jump ship. Hopefully they'll get into her back story a little more so I can see if I'm right or not. But she's no church mouse, that's for sure. The way she was piping up at the party and not shy about her opinion also showed me that she's not all she seems...

EDIT:

And who knows what reason her husband had for being a drunk. He did notice the money and make that connection real quick...

Completely agree. I realized this after the play she made just to get his attention.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

throw in the budding intimate relationship with Nucky and Mrs Schroeder, now physical, he has even more incentive to go after nucky and the bootleggers once he finds out she's enamored with nucky.

as far as the Jimmy's mom, she is entering some sort of crisis with her age/conflict with her chase for the fountain of youth. I don't know if it means she'll be more unstable in future episodes or the opposite.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

throw in the budding intimate relationship with Nucky and Mrs Schroeder, now physical, he has even more incentive to go after nucky and the bootleggers once he finds out she's enamored with nucky.

as far as the Jimmy's mom, she is entering some sort of crisis with her age/conflict with her chase for the fountain of youth. I don't know if it means she'll be more unstable in future episodes or the opposite.

great episode. this show isn't "slow". it's got the same pace as the wire or sopranos

are there any likeable characters on this show? besides omar. they all have some serious faults from jimmy to schroder to nuck

great episode. this show isn't "slow". it's got the same pace as the wire or sopranos

are there any likeable characters on this show? besides omar. they all have some serious faults from jimmy to schroder to nuck

I liked the episode and did not think it was slow at all. There are my theories for what happened:
-Jimmy's mom knows she is getting old and her looks are fading. From Jimmy's story to the #*+$++ it seems she was always trying to get a man to marry her and it never worked out. Raising Jimmy was the only thing that she has ever done right and loves him to death because he was the only male in her life that never left her. Now she knows Jimmy is gone most likely forever, raising Jimmy's son is the only thing left in her life that will bring her joy. Remember before Jimmy went off to war everyone thought the he would end up being the man. She probably wants to spent the last days of her life repeating what use to bring here the most joy, raising her little boy.

-The photographer beating Jimmy's baby momma's box. I think she will leave, and Jimmy's mom will look after the son. The interesting thing is Luciano thinks Jimmy's mom is Jimmy's wife, and if she is raising the little boy alone it makes it look even more so. So when Luciano returns to Jersey he might still think Jimmy's mom is the wife and then putting her in danger will be the only way they could draw Jimmy back to Jersey. 

-Nucky's brother is going to be problems later on.Mrs. Schroeder

-Nucky realized that he can't play Mrs. Schroeder, he knows she could be problems in the future so keeping her close will be a more effective way of making sure she does interfere with business. Because I am sure Nucky realizes she figured out exactly who he is by now. 

-I don't have a negative view of Mrs. Schroeder's action, she fell for Nucky and when Nucky started to game her she did not take it and rollover she got him back. I mean his chick left Europe for a better life, ended up marry a drunk with no ambition who just got her pregnant and whooped her !$@ for years. I think she is in the "I ain't taking this $%@% another more mode" 

-The FBI agrent and Nucky's old girl are going to flip the @$%% out when they found out Nucky smashed 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I liked the episode and did not think it was slow at all. There are my theories for what happened:
-Jimmy's mom knows she is getting old and her looks are fading. From Jimmy's story to the #*+$++ it seems she was always trying to get a man to marry her and it never worked out. Raising Jimmy was the only thing that she has ever done right and loves him to death because he was the only male in her life that never left her. Now she knows Jimmy is gone most likely forever, raising Jimmy's son is the only thing left in her life that will bring her joy. Remember before Jimmy went off to war everyone thought the he would end up being the man. She probably wants to spent the last days of her life repeating what use to bring here the most joy, raising her little boy.

-The photographer beating Jimmy's baby momma's box. I think she will leave, and Jimmy's mom will look after the son. The interesting thing is Luciano thinks Jimmy's mom is Jimmy's wife, and if she is raising the little boy alone it makes it look even more so. So when Luciano returns to Jersey he might still think Jimmy's mom is the wife and then putting her in danger will be the only way they could draw Jimmy back to Jersey. 

-Nucky realized that he can't play Mrs. Schroeder, he knows she could be problems in the future so keeping her close will be a more effective way of making sure she does interfere with business. Because I am sure Nucky realizes she figured out exactly who he is by now. 

-I don't have a negative view of Mrs. Schroeder's action, she fell for Nucky and when Nucky started to game her she did not take it and rollover she got him back. I mean his chick left Europe for a better life, ended up marry a drunk with no ambition who just got her pregnant and whooped her !$@ for years. I think she is in the "I ain't taking this $%@% another more mode" 

-The FBI agrent and Nucky's old girl are going to flip the @$%% out when they found out Nucky smashed 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got a feeling Nucky is definietly going to play her..
Jimmy's wife was getting with that photographer
eek.gif

Great series so far
pimp.gif

I got a feeling Nucky is definietly going to play her..
Jimmy's wife was getting with that photographer
eek.gif

Great series so far
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think that he's also intrigued by the fact that she's very intelligent.  Remember the time when she delivered the dress and she rebuked an argument that one of his friends had for allowing alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom